New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Mar 30, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #151 of 179
Dear all, I have some information want to share with you about Xcape V2.

First, about the cable, material of new Xcape is TPE, which is environmentally friendly, more durable and high tension while can provide better signal. Price of TPE is several time higher than PVC, the material which was used in original Xcape, Re0,... PVC can be harden with cold weather/sweat + long time use. Cable quality of Xcape V2 is higher and original Xcape. The plug is also processed with 3 step solder, which is triple compare to normal products like original Xcape, tested and can be use for 10.000.000 times plug in/out.

For the TPE does not smooth, thick like PVC, we do not use cable cinch.

New Xcape use new tuning method, and does need more time burn in, should be around 200 hours at normal volume/music. About the sound, it should pair well with thin/bright sources (almost new device in market sound thin and bright, except some product like HM801, C4 and the old MD, CD,...) such as iPhone, iTouch, iPad. Of course, sound depend on consumer's music taste!

Regards,

I have the Sunrise Xcape V2, I never owned V1 but many people are reporting a muddy sound with the new version. I have only listened to my V2 Xcape's for a few hours but to me they do sound much too warm and thick. Why would you take a perfectly good product like the V1 and ruin it?

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #152 of 179
I've compared my Xcape v2 with my friend's Apple ADDIEM. Although the ADDIEM lacked some bass, they sounded much more clean. The Xcape sounded bloated and confusing when listening one after the other. I am no audiophile by any means this is just my 2 cents.

Now, I have them burnt in for about 140 hours, my final opinion will be when I finish the 200 hours advertised.

I've been using some pink noise and some music to burn in, I hope I'm doing it the right way.

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #153 of 179
I've had the Xcape V2s for almost a month. I must be getting close to the recommended burn-in time. I think the detail is there, but it's obscured by the heavy bass. I think this has improved with burn-in and the bass has tightened up somewhat. If I listen at slightly higher volumes than usual then I perceive the bass as being less dominant and the music simply sounds cohesive (maybe that's because my little Clip+ is running out of juice to power the bass or maybe it's to do with those hearing curves). However, at normal volume I've got to describe them as "syrupy" (to use a non-audiophile term). I still enjoy them, but on long journeys I still find myself packing the SRH840s.

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #155 of 179
Wow, after reading these comments I kinda regret purchasing the version 2 a week ago.
Is the durability that bad/SQ too thick/warm/muddy?

I find it hard to believe that they would take a step backwards for a new version.

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #158 of 179
Try changing the stock tips for the bi-flange. For me it sounds totally different - the bass is less bloated and everything sounds much more balanced. Does anyone else have the same experience?

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #159 of 179
Yes the bi-flanges make the sound much different. It's less bassy, and more lighter. However, I find the bi-flanges fall out of my ear easier, and they are more difficult to have a proper seal.

Quote:
Try changing the stock tips for the bi-flange. For me it sounds totally different - the bass is less bloated and everything sounds much more balanced. Does anyone else have the same experience?

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #161 of 179
I'm having a pair of these atm. At first I couldn't get a proper fit from them, mainly because the tips aren't big and hard enough, then I thought I would try Head Direct's bi-flange large tips (which is what I always use on their IEM), definitely work better for me, in terms of fit and sound as well. Although the bass is still bloated, it has better control and more impact. The mids is still nice and sweet, the treble is not prominent but pleasant too listen. I don't think these are better than the RE0, which have better treble and detail, but the Xcape v2 have better bass, more forward and clearer mids, they are just different. Anyway, I will put the Xcape v2 over the Sony EX500 anyday and time. 

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #163 of 179

Quote:
I can't wait for ClieOS' review that is due to publish on inearmatters.net wow wow

Yep, it should be ready before the next few days.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #164 of 179
Oh yeah! Can't wait!
smile.gif

Quote:
Yep, it should be ready before the next few days.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #165 of 179
Hi, great site first off! 

So I have been reading the comments about these headphones and it looks good. I wanted to buy them from the ebayseller "ukheadphones" and now they have updated the store with a new version. The 'Sunrise SW-Xcape Impressive Edition' (link in the bottom). 

Anybody know if these is a new model or just the V2 with another name?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sunrise-SW-Xcape-Impressive-Edition-shipped-UK-/320681881800?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4aaa2130c8#ht_5413wt_1141

Users who are viewing this thread

Back