New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Mar 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #139 of 179

Quote:
it seems like my xcape v1 will have decent value in the second hand market!
smily_headphones1.gif
too bad I am happy with them..

Same.  My v1s are going nowhere.  

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #142 of 179

Quote:
hey brother, as I remember, you just bought that from me, so why don't you keep it?

I picked up RE262s which are better across the board except in treble, and I was looking to trade up to a DBA-02, but the Sunrise does do treble better (than the 262, at least) so that's really the main reason I'm keeping it. That and the fact that it's not replaceable
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #144 of 179
I have my Xcape v2 for less than 2 weeks and the right earphone already split. I've been treated them like a baby being very careful and now I have to glue it.

They have about 90 hours of music and I think they sound too thick and warm for my taste.

Can't say I'm positively surprised.

Mar 24, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #145 of 179

Quote:
I have my Xcape v2 for less than 2 weeks and the right earphone already split. I've been treated them like a baby being very careful and now I have to glue it.

They have about 90 hours of music and I think they sound too thick and warm for my taste.

Can't say I'm positively surprised.

Sorry to hear that.  I'm beginning to wish Sunrise stayed w/ their original direction.  Seemed like a lot of potential.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #146 of 179
Just wondering, what EQ do you use for this particular phones? I've been messing around with mines and the SQ improved drastically.

I'm near the 150 burn in hours too.

If you could post some pics of your EQ would be great.

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #147 of 179
I just received mine from Ethan expecting I'd get version 1 -- well surprise I got the new ones! ...Maybe he should've indicated that detail. Out of the box, I was underwhelemed by the sound. Now I'm trying to drown this out with pink noise. I do hope the sound would improve though.  The sound signature is too thick to my liking.

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #148 of 179
Dear all, I have some information want to share with you about Xcape V2.

First, about the cable, material of new Xcape is TPE, which is environmentally friendly, more durable and high tension while can provide better signal. Price of TPE is several time higher than PVC, the material which was used in original Xcape, Re0,... PVC can be harden with cold weather/sweat + long time use. Cable quality of Xcape V2 is higher and original Xcape. The plug is also processed with 3 step solder, which is triple compare to normal products like original Xcape, tested and can be use for 10.000.000 times plug in/out.

For the TPE does not smooth, thick like PVC, we do not use cable cinch.

New Xcape use new tuning method, and does need more time burn in, should be around 200 hours at normal volume/music. About the sound, it should pair well with thin/bright sources (almost new device in market sound thin and bright, except some product like HM801, C4 and the old MD, CD,...) such as iPhone, iTouch, iPad. Of course, sound depend on consumer's music taste!

Regards,

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #150 of 179
the cables from connector to middle part where it there is an engraving "xcape" are good but the from the midway point up to the earphones, the cable is flimsy and looks like it could tear apart anytime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back