New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #92 of 179

Quote:
for those who did not received, are you able to get money back from sellers?

Hi, this is the owner of lendmeurears here. Just before any misconceptions occurs, I think i will offer the answer directly- yes I do offer refunds to those who request it but with valid reasons- like lost of parcel or when the item has not been shipped. In relation to the previous complains, I have replied to the email from the affected party so I do hope that clears up any queries. Cheers

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #93 of 179
Well, the good news is that I head from the proprietor first thing in the morning (their morning) and he offered his apology for somehow missing my order even though payment was made through Paypal and should have been noticed on his ledger. Funny thing is that It was through the lendmeurears.com site that I was directed to paypal to make payment so I fail to understand how that can be missed until I started to inquire.

So a piece of advice for future buyers is to make sure you get confirmation after you've made payment through Paypal if that is used. As noted by others previously, the site is buggy as it is difficult to process an order.

I was also asked to remove his email reference and I have done so as much as I can. However, my feeling is that it makes a buyer very uneasy to get routed from the website to paypal and then find that payment is made to an individual that is not linked to the business (and there are no references anywhere to verify to that effect). I have personally lost a great deal of money in the past making payment through Paypal to foreign hackers, so I think it is only safe to verify where one can.

I'm glad the mess is cleared up and we can now look forward to the reviews of this IEM 

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #94 of 179

Quote:
Well, the good news is that I head from the proprietor first thing in the morning (their morning) and he offered his apology for somehow missing my order even though payment was made through Paypal and should have been noticed on his ledger. Funny thing is that It was through the lendmeurears.com site that I was directed to paypal to make payment so I fail to understand how that can be missed until I started to inquire.

So a piece of advice for future buyers is to make sure you get confirmation after you've made payment through Paypal if that is used. As noted by others previously, the site is buggy as it is difficult to process an order.

I was also asked to remove his email reference and I have done so as much as I can. However, my feeling is that it makes a buyer very uneasy to get routed from the website to paypal and then find that payment is made to an individual that is not linked to the business (and there are no references anywhere to verify to that effect). I have personally lost a great deal of money in the past making payment through Paypal to foreign hackers, so I think it is only safe to verify where one can.

I'm glad the mess is cleared up and we can now look forward to the reviews of this IEM 

Thanks for the feedback. The paypal address has been changed to something that bear relations to the website now. I do hope that helps. Cheers.

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #95 of 179
I plan on ordering a pair of the "Sunrise Sw-Xcape" in the next few days but is the new version of the escapes not as neutral as the older version. I read somewhere that version 2 were a little warmer sounding, can anyone confirm?

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #96 of 179
Hi everyone, have been reading around for the past couple weeks trying to look for my first real IEM purchase after my cheap Sonys died on me last month. I originally set my budget at $20, but the more I read the more I wanted to spend. After about a week, I ended up settling on a $100 limit and finally took the plunge and bought the version 2 Xcapes. Up until now, I've been living off stock iPod earbuds and a few Sonys that I've gotten used to these past few years, but after listening to the Xcapes I realized I was missing out on a LOT. Right out of the box, I could immediately hear details I've never heard before. It was a pleasant experience to say the least, despite the fact they haven't gone through enough burn time.

I pretty much listen to anything so I wanted an IEM balanced enough to fit my needs and so far it's doing a good job. Just to give a few examples, AC/DC, 2Pac, The Postal Service, Elmer Bernstein, and Norah Jones all sound great to my ears (this is from an iPod). Now I'm no audiophile by any means - far from it - so from a noob's standpoint I can't get into detail, but I'm really liking these IEMs. All I can say is that this is probably the best $80 I can remember spending. Bought the Xcapes from Bugden Audio on the 10th, processed on the 12th, shipped on the 14th, and finally arrived yesterday (the 19th). That's about 9 days total to California from the day I bought them. So far, I have about 3 hours of burn time on it and 4 hours of listening time after finding them on my doorstep around 3:30 PM yesterday afternoon. Hopefully after 150 hours of usage, they'll get even better.

On another note, I just have to say, the dedication Joker put into that Multiple IEM Review thread is unmatched in any forum I've ever seen and I frequent many! He and with the help of a few others were deciding factors in my purchase. Of course, those reviews analyzed the more neutral version 1 Xcapes, I didn't mind having a warmer sound as described by the Headfiers who currently have them.

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #97 of 179
I have mine 2 days now. Random impressions to follow..
Signature wise id say they are balanced with mid bass slightly more prominent than neutral and very highs slightly less. Bass is very nice when called for, not booming at all, rich and textured with plenty of punch. Bass gutiar, chellos sound great. cymbals lack sparkle , vocals are great. Lots of detail, on par with my grado 325s. The only other iems ive tried are mid range shures. Its a long time since I heard them buy I prefer the xcapes, much more lively.

they definatly require burn in, the bass was huge out of the box, the impact would cause headaches. I think the sound is still changing but not by much now.

Im very happy with the sound, but the cable seems cheap and prone to damage, they'll need to be taken care of to last more than a year.

Im not an audiophile and have little to compare them with, so take all of this with lots of salt. Looking forward to some expert reviews

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #98 of 179

Quote:
I plan on ordering a pair of the "Sunrise Sw-Xcape" in the next few days but is the new version of the escapes not as neutral as the older version. I read somewhere that version 2 were a little warmer sounding, can anyone confirm?

Yup.  Go through the first couple of pages in this thread.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #99 of 179
Nothing has really been said and ClieOS only commented reluctantly. Other comments in this thread are from users who never owned the Version 1, so no point of reference. I own the Version 1's and didn't really take away much from this thread :p

The "new" exterior changes seem to mean they added their own logo because they look identical still. I wouldn't get too, too excited over this, macro pictures can be misleading!

Sound quality? Surely by now we know you can't "add" sound quality without taking away from or veiling other parts of the spectrum. The reason people love these so much is because they have marginally less detail and treble extentension over the RE0, but the benefits of a fuller, more balanced, warm-ish leaning sound outweigh those.

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #100 of 179
I don't want to comment too much since I really haven't had the time to sit down and A/B them, not to mention the v2 still hasn't been burn-in yet. Why? Because there are like 7 other IEM I need to review first and I am currently in process of writing my multiple IEM shootout v4, which requires me to revisit over 90 pairs of IEM previously reviewed.

For what it worth, here is just a quick impression: V2 is warmer and fuller, especially on the mid and bass. Treble is cleaner, lighter and more extended on the v1. Unlike the smooth treble of v1, v2 has a little edge on the lower treble, close to being harsh but not there yet. Mid is fuller on the v2, though overall I think it is slightly too thick for my taste. Bass is not quite as hard hitting or fast on the v2, but it gains more body and texture. The sound signature, at least at this point, turns from the v1's warm'ish yet light, mid central with good extension on both ends to more of a full, warm and sweet to slightly thick sound. If I have to make a decision now, I'll probably pick v1 over v2. Well, it just have to wait till after burn-in before I make up my mind.

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #101 of 179
For what it worth, here is just a quick impression: V2 is warmer and fuller, especially on the mid and bass. Treble is cleaner, lighter and more extended on the v1. Unlike the smooth treble of v1, v2 has a little edge on the lower treble, close to being harsh but not there yet. Mid is fuller on the v2, though overall I think it is slightly too thick for my taste. Bass is not quite as hard hitting or fast on the v2, but it gains more body and texture. The sound signature, at least at this point, turns from the v1's warm'ish yet light, mid central with good extension on both ends to more of a full, warm and sweet to slightly thick sound. If I have to make a decision now, I'll probably pick v1 over v2. Well, it just have to wait till after burn-in before I make up my mind.

There's an old saying "If it ain't broke dont fix it"..:rolleyes:

ClieOS, I know you are a busy guy but would you be doing a comparison of these and the ECCI PR401's

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #102 of 179
And I'll decide vice versa. They took the wise step towards "consumer" signature.

Quote:
The sound signature, at least at this point, turns from the v1's warm'ish yet light, mid central with good extension on both ends to more of a full, warm and sweet to slightly thick sound. If I have to make a decision now, I'll probably pick v1 over v2.

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #103 of 179

Quote:
ClieOS, I know you are a busy guy but would you be doing a comparison of these and the ECCI PR401's

PR401 is more of a V-shaped sounding, balanced and more specious. Kind of opposite to the warmer, more intimate sound of the V2.

Quote:
And I'll decide vice versa. They took the wise step towards "consumer" signature.

I hear ya. I am almost always more attractive to the cleaner, more analytical sound when I have a choice.

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #105 of 179
It has been 110 hours of burn-in for my Xcape v2's. It is amazing to see how the bass response has changed so far. But this change may not satisfy everyone since some are looking for more bass response in v2 while others wants it to stay as it was. Anyway, bass has lost a bit (actually more than a bit) of fullness and extension yet still controlled, detailed and now more balanced & smooth I would say.

I haven't noticed any change in the treble and mid section. Not sure about the mids though. May be a very slight recession but I really am not sure. Can some one who has or will have the v2 confirm (or not) these changes please. 

It is like my v2's took one step forward from having a warmish sound signature to  a more neutral/balanced sound. Still have 40 hrs to go untill the burn-in to be completed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back