New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Feb 8, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #46 of 179

Quote:
Hey guys, I just received my V2 and I think it's pretty awesome. One thing's for sure, they really sound flat. The soundstage's pretty wide though I tend to think they are abit soft on my iPhone 4 and iPod Touch so much that I thought my ears were starting to fail me.

I played Muse and Bon Iver and thought they were horrible at the beginning then I started realizing the Xcape is really special. They make music sound pretty realistic as IEMs. The bass of the Xcape also isn't strong but it's there when it's needed.

Very good for the price.

The cables feel like they might break anytime though.

I've had 3 hours on them. They just keep getting better.

Quote:
I have my Xcape v2 with me for a few days but didn't have chance to fully burn them in. It has been 38 hours so far so and I haven't noticed any improvement. But as it is recommended by the seller, they need 150 hours to be fully burned in. So I still have a long way to go.

I also have received my RE0 this morning. I can say that build quality of the Xcape v2 is not better than the RE0. I have the latest version of RE0 with L-shaped plug and it looks quite solid where Xcape v2 gives me the impression that it is more fragile. The cable on the RE0 is very slightly thicker than Xcape.

As both the RE0 and Xcape v2 are pretty new. I don't think it would be convenient to  make any comments or a comparison about their sound signature. And I didn't hear the Xcape v1 before so I can't make any comparison among v1 and v2 as well. Sorry about that.

Very interesting, from what I have gathered, the RE0's are notorious for breaking @ the jack, and with the introduction of the new jack on the Xcapes... you'd think that they would be better than the RE0's.

I have narrowed down my next IEMs to the REOs or the V2 Xcapes. Looks like it will be a while before the two are reviewed.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #48 of 179

Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to find the pictures, you've probably made my mind up for me. I can see how through normally daily use, over a year, how the straight jack on my M9's broke.
But I think i'll still hold out for the first full review's of the V2s!

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #50 of 179
Indeed, you should wait for a full review of Xcape v2. Joker said he was waiting for the shipment a couple of days ago and ClieOS already has them as well. So a great review shall be coming out very soon.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #51 of 179
I'm slightly disappointed they brought out a revision so soon after releasing v1.  I wished v1 had more bass and v2 may cater for that.  They should have released v1 and v2 simultaneously if indeed they are different sounding. 

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #52 of 179

Quote:
I'm slightly disappointed they brought out a revision so soon after releasing v1.  I wished v1 had more bass and v2 may cater for that.  They should have released v1 and v2 simultaneously if indeed they are different sounding. 

Don't be so quick to judge!

What's new in Version 2?
1. Glossy finish on the aluminum shells
2. New Y-splitter
3. New 3.5mm jack
...4. Better sound quality- increment improvements on clarity, soundstage and bass.

And I would like to make a clarification here. Do note that there is an INCREMENT in sound quality. So what you will be expecting is some slight refinements to the sound and not a drastic improvement :)

http://www.lendmeurears.com/?p=227 / http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lend-Me-UR-Ears/122021407861298

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #53 of 179
please note, the key word in my statement is.... 'may'...as in its a possibility.  I didn't say it that does have more bass.

Either way, i'm looking forward to the reviews.

Quote:
Quote:

Don't be so quick to judge!

What's new in Version 2?
1. Glossy finish on the aluminum shells
2. New Y-splitter
3. New 3.5mm jack
...4. Better sound quality- increment improvements on clarity, soundstage and bass.

And I would like to make a clarification here. Do note that there is an INCREMENT in sound quality. So what you will be expecting is some slight refinements to the sound and not a drastic improvement :)

http://www.lendmeurears.com/?p=227 / http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lend-Me-UR-Ears/122021407861298

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #54 of 179
It's been 50 hours of burn in for my Xcape v2 now. As I have said earlier I didn't have a chance to hear v1 before but I can say for now that the bass with v2 is pretty sweet. I would say it is definitely not emphasized yet controlled, enough quantity and detail with adequate body and extension to my ears.

Just to give you an idea about the bass. I have re0, ath ad700 and ath m50 along with Xcape v2 and as you might have known m50s are know by their bass response. Well actually it is open for discussion cause some say it is over-emphasized and some still don't find it enough and not to mention about the confusion regarding the older and newer versions.

Personally, I MOSTLY find m50's bass response over-emphasized with more than enough extension. It is mostly because they are pretty fun to listen to when you' re not doing some serious/critical listening. Anyway the reason I have mentioned about the m50 is to say that the difference in bass response of Xcape v2 and m50 is not quite just a faint but most of the time especially if not listening to electronic music like trance or whatever, I would pick up Xcape v2' s bass response.

And my order ONLY FOR extension and emphasis regarding bass response amongst those cans/iems would be m50>Xcape v2>re0>ad 700 as expected I guess.

My setup for testing all of those are my samsung nc10 netbook --> Fiio e7 (DAC) --> Xcape v2 and ipod touch 3rd gen --> fiio e5 --> Xcape v2. You might guess that everything regarding the sound signature/quality is better with first setup but I can say that the bass boost on one of the cheapest amp like fiio 5 gives even more body and extension to Xcape v2. But personally I prefer to hear them without bass boost.

And again as I have said earlier there has been no significant improvements occurred during the last 50 hours but I will keep buring them in till 150 hours as it is recommended by the seller. 

I hope that makes it just a bit clear for anyone who has those cans/iems or ever had listened to one of those cans/iems that I have mentioned above.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #55 of 179
I am gonna hate sunrise if v2 is better than v1. But of course, there is always a chance it could be a second eterna.

I hope, for the sake of both v1 and v2 owners, v2 will offer a slightly different sound signature, but still excellent SQ :) 

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #56 of 179

Quote:
I have the new version of Xcape with me now but I am not quite ready to make my opinion on it yet. The initial impression is positive, however it is quite different from the original Xcape for sure.

Quote:
The original Xcape has a neutral sound while the v2 has a warm sound, almost being mid focus. I haven't had a chance to burn it in yet so I won't want to go too deep into the detail.

Quote:
I am gonna hate sunrise if v2 is better than v1. But of course, there is always a chance it could be a second eterna.

I hope, for the sake of both v1 and v2 owners, v2 will offer a slightly different sound signature, but still excellent SQ :) 

ClieOS impressions suggests that v2 will offer more than slightly different sound signature and personally I can say that it sounds warmish as well and compared to my unburned in re0, not sure but the mids might be very slightly more forward. Damn, I hope I wouldn't wonder about v1 so bad and regret having the v2 if it turns out that it won't be as excellent as v1.

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #58 of 179
I have already liked my v2 so far to be honest. But the thing is I won't stop myself thinking about v1 just because I want to hear that excellent neutral and balanced iem and experience the difference by myself 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #59 of 179
I really like my Xcape V1's. I've been burning them in every night using a variety of burn in tracks I found at burninwave dot com website and they are sounding better and better every day.

As far as build quality, I think that anyone buying an Xcape or RE0 should expect to get average to below average build quality. If you take care of them they will last, but don't expect more than a year or two before something breaks. The changes to build quality in the V2 look nice, but I don't believe they make much of a difference because the main issues (L jack, Y split) only have cosmetic differences and structurally they are about the same as the V1.

For anyone interested in seeing an unboxing of the Xcape v1, I couldn't find one on youtube so I put one up. Just youtube Sunrise Audio SW-Xcape

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #60 of 179

Quote:
I really like my Xcape V1's. I've been burning them in every night using a variety of burn in tracks I found at burninwave dot com website and they are sounding better and better every day.

As far as build quality, I think that anyone buying an Xcape or RE0 should expect to get average to below average build quality. If you take care of them they will last, but don't expect more than a year or two before something breaks. The changes to build quality in the V2 look nice, but I don't believe they make much of a difference because the main issues (L jack, Y split) only have cosmetic differences and structurally they are about the same as the V1.

For anyone interested in seeing an unboxing of the Xcape v1, I couldn't find one on youtube so I put one up. Just youtube Sunrise Audio SW-Xcape

Sigh... that was the main thing that concerned me... Why should I pay $100 for a pair of RE0 or SW-Xcape, if they will only last me as long as my M9's did (jack broke after year, sent away for warranty)

Oh and I was about to congratulate you for having the first video of the Xcape's on the internet, but:
"This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back