New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Feb 1, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #16 of 179

Quote:
I have the new version of Xcape with me now but I am not quite ready to make my opinion on it yet. The initial impression is positive, however it is quite different from the original Xcape for sure.

Could you give us a preview on how they differ so far from the original?

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #17 of 179
The original Xcape has a neutral sound while the v2 has a warm sound, almost being mid focus. I haven't had a chance to burn it in yet so I won't want to go too deep into the detail.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #19 of 179

Quote:
I have the new version of Xcape with me now but I am not quite ready to make my opinion on it yet. The initial impression is positive, however it is quite different from the original Xcape for sure.

Nice I would be very interested in seeing how they stack up against the RE0!

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #23 of 179

Quote:
The visual difference between Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver I and Ver II:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ezokjt.png

Looks classier all around, although I think I preferred the original finish on the aluminum. Either way... looks like I might finally have a pair of IEMs for me, if they increased the bass and didn't take away from the clarity and detail. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread...

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #24 of 179
It's more bullet-like shaped and less ovalish. I'm sure it will still be comfortable but probably slightly less, that original Xcape housing is very good comfort wise.

Feb 4, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #25 of 179
I don't believe what they say is true. Just think about it a second:

1) How came they are selling an item that we just got to hear and there isn't even a review available?
2) Why would they charge less than the RRP when they are the only store where is in stock?
3) Why would they send a model that could be completely different that the one you ordered (Eterna V.1 vs Eterna V.2)

If I were you I would cancel my order immediately and wait for accurate information.

Quote:
Just a heads up-

I emailed Bugden audio. I had placed an order for them a few days ago, and was trying to cancel so I could get the version 2's.  They emailed me back, the shipment they have coming in is the version 2. 

Edit: And they charge $79.99

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #27 of 179
Completely disagree with the recommendation here. Bugden is an authorized reseller and they are waiting for a shipment to arrive. Why is it hard to believe the new shipment is the new model?

I don't believe what they say is true. Just think about it a second:

1) How came they are selling an item that we just got to hear and there isn't even a review available?
2) Why would they charge less than the RRP when they are the only store where is in stock?
3) Why would they send a model that could be completely different that the one you ordered (Eterna V.1 vs Eterna V.2)

If I were you I would cancel my order immediately and wait for accurate information.

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #28 of 179
The new shipment is indeed the new model. (I am Bugden Audio, for those who do not know.)

Don't take this as official word on their part, but as far as I know, Sunrise did not intend to market the new batch any differently than simply improved. By that I mean there is no packaging change, and no 'Ver. 2' marking.

The new batch is now in stock. I can't give any subjective input as per Head-Fi regulations, but I will say it is different. I'll wait for them to burn in before I decide if I like the change or not. Personally, I'm more a fan of neutral gear, but we'll see.

As for the RRP, instead of raising the price, I decided to end the free shipping promotion. That was a $7 value to those in the US, $9 elsewhere in the world, and up to $12 in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back