New Steven Wilson album in February!
Jan 26, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #31 of 100
Excellent interview thank you pfillion for posting it.

I have to say Steven Wilson is one of the least pretentious artists I have ever heard interviewed. A real pleasure to listen to him and his take on the world and his music.

Sad news about Porcupine Tree but not unexpected.

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #35 of 100
Thank you for the review.

I am less concerned with the pop/Blackfield songs now as the album is, by Wilson's own admission, a concept album. I have learn not to pull individual tracts from a concept album but to listen to the album as a whole.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #40 of 100
Just pre-ordered this on Burning Shed. I'm going with the blu-ray as they're also offering a flac download as part of the package, which considering how tricky it is to rip a BD was a deal-clincher for me. Watching SW's solo career progress is fascinating. He just seems to have this unlimited pool of great & diverse songs in his head.  From what I've heard so far of this new one, it's sounding excellent, and yet again a slightly different progression on his previous stuff. Can't wait!

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #41 of 100
Just pre-ordered this on Burning Shed. I'm going with the blu-ray as they're also offering a flac download as part of the package, which considering how tricky it is to rip a BD was a deal-clincher for me. Watching SW's solo career progress is fascinating. He just seems to have this unlimited pool of great & diverse songs in his head.  From what I've heard so far of this new one, it's sounding excellent, and yet again a slightly different progression on his previous stuff. Can't wait!

Congratulations. I am going to wait for hopefully a 24/96 digital download off Burning Shed as well like my copy of Raven.

Feb 11, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #43 of 100
Congratulations. I am going to wait for hopefully a 24/96 digital download off Burning Shed as well like my copy of Raven.

Yeah I also bought the 24/96 of Raven.  Shame they haven't come straight out with an equivalent for this new album.  Still, the more I listen to well mastered redbook, the less I feel the need for hi-res audio...and we know one thing for sure - a Steven Wilson album will be well mastered 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back