New Steven Wilson album in February!
Dec 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #17 of 100
I've got my tickets for the London show in March 
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #20 of 100
Jan 2, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #21 of 100
Okay.  Okay.  I'm getting excited!  I see a PT, SW binge coming on soon in anticipation.  My wife has to go to Okinawa in two weeks- I should be able to squeeze in a monster session.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #23 of 100
There is title track floating around youtubes which sounds very Blackfieldy. Not necessarily a bad thing, but hopefully the rest of the album is more distinct and interesting.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #24 of 100
I'm hoping it's released on HDtracks as well.

I hope it is not. I bought the 24/96 of The Raven That Refused to Sing right off Steven Wilson's site: https://www.burningshed.com At least 25% cheaper than HDTracks.

As a prog fan I avoid HDTracks like the plague. I just bought the Steven Wilson remix of "The Yes Album" off Burning Shed as the version available from HDTracks was not the 2014 Wilson remix.

Note: Burning Shed sells digital downloads of most of Steven Wilson's and Porcupine Tree's in FLAC as well as high resolution. My Fear Of A Blank Planet is 24/48 and The Incident is 24/96 off Burning Shed for example.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #25 of 100
I hope it is not. I bought the 24/96 of The Raven That Refused to Sing right off Steven Wilson's site: https://www.burningshed.com At least 25% cheaper than HDTracks.

As a prog fan I avoid HDTracks like the plague. I just bought the Steven Wilson remix of "The Yes Album" off Burning Shed as the version available from HDTracks was not the 2014 Wilson remix.

Note: Burning Shed sells digital downloads of most of Steven Wilson's and Porcupine Tree's in FLAC as well as high resolution. My Fear Of A Blank Planet is 24/48 and The Incident is 24/96 off Burning Shed for example.

I agree, I just buy the downloads directly from Burning Shed \ KScope

I too have heard the title track on youtube and it seems to divide opinion because of its simplicity and pop 'iness.
I will wait until I have heard the whole album and how that single track fits into the overall picture - knowing SW, I would expect this album to be quite varied and so have no fear of it being a simple pop record.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #29 of 100
I'm a big Steven Wilson fan, but I think his work with PT is better, I really hope they get back together at some point.

I could not agree more. While I look forward to Hand.Cannot.Erase I would love to see Gavin Harrison and PT reform. However, considering The Incident was the only concept album from PT and their last album, I believe that was the swan song for PT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back