New SPIDER " Moonlight " Closed Full-Sized. What a design!
Feb 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #31 of 36
Apr 28, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #32 of 36
the sound on this spider is ......

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #33 of 36
I have a pair on loan from Spider I will be reviewing. Out of the box these are very bright and a bit brittle sounding with sibilance issues. They are not bass heavy or warm leaning more towards a colder signature. I put these through 100+ hours of burnin and they lost the brittleness and most of the sibilance.

I asked Spider if I could review these because of my love for the Shure 940 and some other brighter oriented headphones, figuring since I enjoy that signature I would be able to give a good assessment of this headphone as compared to the others. Without giving away the review I can say they definitely are like that signature style.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #34 of 36
Sounds rather promising
smile.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:
I have a pair on loan from Spider I will be reviewing. Out of the box these are very bright and a bit brittle sounding with sibilance issues. They are not bass heavy or warm leaning more towards a colder signature. I put these through 100+ hours of burnin and they lost the brittleness and most of the sibilance.

I asked Spider if I could review these because of my love for the Shure 940 and some other brighter oriented headphones, figuring since I enjoy that signature I would be able to give a good assessment of this headphone as compared to the others. Without giving away the review I can say they definitely are like that signature style.

that would be great...i think there is a thirst for a balanced studio monitor that is comfy...without breaking the bank.

if its convenient, maybe try a different/copper cable switch at the end of your review n see if that improves the bright/brittleness...if u hv one lying around..
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back