New SPIDER " Moonlight " Closed Full-Sized. What a design!
Feb 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 36
Hmmm....

Every single time I have read that a headphone is clear and natural sounding for classical music it's a red flag for BRIGHT.

I hope not, as the design is cool but let's hope for the best.

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 36
I think it looks hideous.  Leather earpads with memory foam sounds like win.

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #19 of 36
Hmmm....

Every single time I have read that a headphone is clear and natural sounding for classical music it's a red flag for BRIGHT.

I hope not, as the design is cool but let's hope for the best.

This. The perception of what's neutral is so skewed that any time I hear something advertised as "neutral" especially for genres where brightness isn't automatically painful it's an instant red flag.

The design reminds me of vintage dynamics. Massive eggshells with head-wrapping pillows. I like it.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #23 of 36
hmmm an actual graph but they aren't released yet obviously.

Graphs for me are only a generalization and I personally don't obsess over them with all the other factors involved. Would love to see a firsthand set of reviews.

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #26 of 36
isn't that lower treble area recession corresponding to the recommended DB reduction at ~7khz as mentioned in the "How To Equalize Your Headphones" thread though? IF so I would think it's a good thing and would reduce "problems"
Maybe I am not thinking straight but I like the EQ reduction when I bothered with that sort of thing. These wouldn't need it there unless my thinking is in error.

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #28 of 36
would that be detectable in their square wave readings they posted there if you hit that selection instead of the FR?

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #30 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back