NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Oct 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #2,552 of 4,019
Does anyone know if the damn Walkman Z is freaking compatible with the headset that has a button control?? I bought a  JVC Xtreme Xplosives In-Ear Headphones with a headset control, the button does not work with this MP3 player. It works with my ICS phone and any tablet I have, but not this MP3.

Any idea anyone?

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2,553 of 4,019
Quote:
Any idea anyone?

most cables are 'made for iphone/iplod' as such not all cables work with the WM-Z, reading through the thread will reveal this little nugget of revelation... the WM-Z does have a external volume control so all is not lost... take heart that you have a device that is hugely enjoyable to listen to.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #2,554 of 4,019
Quote:

most cables are 'made for iphone/iplod' as such not all cables work with the WM-Z, reading through the thread will reveal this little nugget of revelation... the WM-Z does have a external volume control so all is not lost... take heart that you have a device that is hugely enjoyable to listen to.

Well, first, I am using the JetAudio for the music, which has more sound settings plus the On-The-Go playlist which is quite handy.

The thing is, while listening to the music, I also does read books. What I want is to use this headset control, which has been proven work on ICS phone, to work on my WM-Z to fast switch songs while reading book.

I hate switching between apps.

Also, I tried to check the keylayout folder to add this key in the qwerty.kl, but that does not work either..

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #2,557 of 4,019
I am very interested in this portable source but my conundrum is that I would like to upgrade the SQ of my MP but I would like to combine it with a mobile service.  Do any of Sony's smart phones such as Xperia have the same SQ as the Z series?

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread but I have started another thread to get some help on my questions.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633582/smart-phone-which-with-payg-card-instead-of-mp3-player-dumb-phone

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #2,558 of 4,019
Quote:
I am very interested in this portable source but my conundrum is that I would like to upgrade the SQ of my MP but I would like to combine it with a mobile service.  Do any of Sony's smart phones such as Xperia have the same SQ as the Z series?

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread but I have started another thread to get some help on my questions.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633582/smart-phone-which-with-payg-card-instead-of-mp3-player-dumb-phone

Thanks.

you will not get the amp the WM-Z or WM-F has so SQ is not the same... hth

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #2,559 of 4,019
Quote:

you will not get the amp the WM-Z or WM-F has so SQ is not the same... hth

Thanks OK-Guy.  Can I pair my E17 with the Xperia?  Will the SQ then be close to the Z series?

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #2,560 of 4,019
I allowed my big boss to try out my "Z" and my TF10 with custom cable.  He's normally an iDevice person and loves how they sound.  Once he had time to really listen to the "Z", he came back and looked at me and said he understood why I no longer use my iDevices when I want to sit and REALLY listen to my music.  No comparison for him.  The "Z" is amazing!  I have to agree!  I think I have another future user (of the "F", he thinks the "Z" is too big).

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #2,563 of 4,019
I was looking into the Xperia U but after finding out that it only has 8GB with no SD card slot AND only half of that memory is available for use, I am striking this one out.  Now looking into the Xperia LT25i.  It has something called ClearAudio+, which I do not know what it is at this time but someone else in the internet world is interested in this phone because of this feature.

Will report back if anyone is interested.

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #2,564 of 4,019
Quote:
Xperia... It has something called Clear Audio+, which I do not know what it is at this time but someone else in the internet world is interested in this phone because of this feature.

Will report back if anyone is interested.

Clear Audio (technologies) makes the sound more audible & sharpens things up, if that makes sense... there is three settings (looking at my WM-Z), DSEE (sound enhance), Clear Stereo and Dynamic Normalizer, all which improve the sound but don't see this as some equalizer of bandwidths... personally if you're into your music and want it detailed you really are better off getting a WM-Z (or WM-F).

Ray... we're always interested in peoples findings, post away mate
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back