NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Apr 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #1,276 of 4,019
I really like the sound quality of my Samsung Galaxy S player 4.0 with Voodoo Sound Plus and PlayerPro app and I love Sound quality of my Sony X1050. If I bought the Sony Z1060 would I be disappointed?

People are saying the prefer their Z to thier X by how much...now thats the subjective bit, but to put things in perspective I prefer the HP out of the Z to my RWA iMod 5.5g to a Fiio E11 you also get a lovley screen and all the benefits of Android...poweramps a must though...10 band EQ, crossfade etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,280 of 4,019
OK I have a tracking update from the Z walkman from Japan - it is Langley now.  Its been there for 3 days!  If anyone who has ordered from Japan before get this?  Does that mean there is problems with customs?  :frowning2:

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,282 of 4,019

Quote:
People are saying the prefer their Z to thier X by how much...now thats the subjective bit, but to put things in perspective I prefer the HP out of the Z to my RWA iMod 5.5g to a Fiio E11 you also get a lovley screen and all the benefits of Android...poweramps a must though...10 band EQ, crossfade etc
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds promising. I made a mistake on my original post (which i have corrected) it is actually the Sony X1060 I have, not the X1050. Good to hear that the Z1060 is better than the X1060 that I own.

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #1,283 of 4,019

Quote:
Anyone compared Z to S760? I found S760 much better than X1050 and A840.

If you like the S760 signature over the X1050, I doubt you will like Z.  To my ears, the Z is very similar to the X1060 signature but with a more powerful sound signature, better resolution, and details including more depth in soundstage. Oh, the Z is also slightly brighter tonally sounding than the X that I have.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #1,284 of 4,019

Quote:
OK I have a tracking update from the Z walkman from Japan - it is Langley now.  Its been there for 3 days!  If anyone who has ordered from Japan before get this?  Does that mean there is problems with customs?  :frowning2:

mine was stuck in Paris for over two days... check your tracking-number's estimated delivery, most couriers work to that, I sell a lot of hi-fi bits all round the world on eBay and some of the tracking winds me right up, especially when you have a customer on your case hassling you for an order update.... bain of my life at times, still it's an earner so I won't moan too much.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #1,285 of 4,019

Hello all, I joined Head-Fi a week ago to get more info about the Z1070, but after skimming thru all 86 pages of this thread I think I have caught an infection (the expensive kind). More of a relapse really-I have an old pair Stax Gammas around here somewhere...  I got a new red 1070 today just 3 days after Ebaying it at a good price! Being close to San Francisco helped speed up the delivery I'm sure.

Quote:
Alpha.... you know I was trying to get to MediaGo via the pc via Japanese language.... if anyone cracks that I'll be straight in for another Z1070
tongue_smile.gif

be me forth one if that happens.... I must be the only idiot in the world who has owned three.... still it's all good where the WM-Z is concerned.

Okay OK-Guy, I think I can put another Z1070 in those Teflon hands of yours.  Today I used MediaGo to download music into my new Z1070, my recently purchased, memory challenged US Z1060, and my A865.  I went to mediago.sony.com and downloaded Media Go 2.1.       The first screen of the exe file gives you a choice of 17 languages to use for the download.  I installed, tested, and uninstalled it in 6 different languages (one at a time).  All follow the exact same sequence of steps for the installation.  I still have the Russian version installed. I have no idea how to read Cyrillic, but it doesn't matter since only the install screens change from language to language.  So there's no reason to use the Mediago preloaded on the Z1070 unless you're Japanese.  Just download off the mediago site and pick a language.  I haven't done the Japanese install on the Z1070 (yet, anyway), but mediago knows where to put the files anyway.  And my hovercraft is not full of eels!

Or did you know all this already?

I've never used MediaGo before, but it seems pretty handy.  Its rarely mentioned on this forum, so I won't bring it up again without a request. 
Any interest here or on another thread if I do the preloaded Z1070 install?     By the way OK-Guy,  (Y) means yes and (N) means no on the buttons of the non-English install screens.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,286 of 4,019

Quote:
I've never used MediaGo before, but it seems pretty handy.  Its rarely mentioned on this forum, so I won't bring it up again without a request. 
Any interest here or on another thread if I do the preloaded Z1070 install?     By the way OK-Guy,  (Y) means yes and (N) means no on the buttons of the non-English install screens.

I had no problems installing MediaGo that was the easy part but.... I only bought the Z1070 for the larger memory and that I could convert into Atrac & go lossless (save's on Wav files).... the problem I then had was that MediaGo did not recognize the Atrac files I'd converted via SonicStage so became redundant. I then used Sonicstage to transfer to the WM-Z but I never had Album art (I now know how to get Album art onto the WM-Z via SonicStage as Alpha advised), I then tried installing MediaGo in the Japanese set-up menu of the Z1070 via my PC which was annoying but kinda fun it was all click&hope (kinda like playing minesweeper one click and you could be fkked), after getting to the end and having everything ready to install the bloody program said 'your PC is not in Japanese language' or something to that effect so I gave up because I was now beginning to hate the WM-Z so I sold it to Fortis. The day after I agreed to sell it to Fortis, Alpha worked out how to get the Album art onto it via SonicStage but a deals a deal in my part of the world and still let the Z1070 go to Fortis.

I was hoping to see my new WM-Z on its way from Canada by now but my friend who I used for my first Z1060 seems to of gone awol, I have no idea if they've purchased it or not, last time I paid via paypal direct to Sony & they sent it to them, this time because my friend on Good-Friday was having problems with signing-in to Sony-Canada & the time difference, I sent the money to them instead via paypal and have not heard anything since which is beginning to concern a little.... looking at the worse case scenario I'm glad I've clicked 'for goods' when I sent via Paypal and not as 'gift' etc, I'm real lucky on that one as Fortis was telling me a few days earlier how things almost went pear-shaped for him when 'gifting' money via Paypal.... always click on 'goods' when transferring money via Paypal, it means your covered if anything goes wrong.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #1,287 of 4,019

Quote:
If you like the S760 signature over the X1050, I doubt you will like Z.  To my ears, the Z is very similar to the X1060 signature but with a more powerful sound signature, better resolution, and details including more depth in soundstage. Oh, the Z is also slightly brighter tonally sounding than the X that I have.

Actually what i found when were using S760 and compared it to friends X1050. 1 = 1. Also S760 more neutral than warm.
I think that not a big difference between new S vs A and Z. Nice!:) Thank you!

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,288 of 4,019

Quote:
I then tried installing MediaGo in the Japanese set-up menu of the Z1070 via my PC which was annoying but kinda fun it was all click&hope (kinda like playing minesweeper one click and you could be fkked), after getting to the end and having everything ready to install the bloody program said 'your PC is not in Japanese language' or something to that effect

Oh, I get it now.  To my meager knowledge, the Z1070 has X-application which replaced SonicStage and requires the Japanese Windows OS. You'd probably have to open up a file in the installer and change the OS language to English or some similar hack.
Good luck with your deal! 

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #1,289 of 4,019
I prefer the SQ on my Z1060 over my now departed S754.  Not sure how much different the S760 is over the S750 series.  My iPod Classic 6G and iPhone 4s are below the Z1060 in terms of SQ.

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #1,290 of 4,019

Quote:
  Oh, I get it now.  To my meager knowledge, the Z1070 has X-application which replaced SonicStage and requires the Japanese Windows OS. You'd probably have to open up a file in the installer and change the OS language to English or some similar hack.
Good luck with your deal! 

That's correct. I have done that too. Here are the steps and I hope they are useful for you guys.

1) Download X-application from http://sonicstage.update.sony.net/v3003/JP/x-APPLICATION_S_V3003.exe but don't install first.
2) Download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ and install it.
3) Right click X-application and select 7-zip then Extract to "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003\".
4) Open the newly created "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003" folder and look for a file called "SetupXAPP" (it is a configuration setting file, not the EXE file because there are 2 files with this name).
5) Open that file and go to the line with "supportoslang    =Japanese", change Japanese to English and then save the file.
6) Then you can double click SetupXAPP.EXE to start installing the program. It should install fine now.

Enjoy X-application! Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back