NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Apr 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,306 of 4,019

Quote:
I can read simple Japanese and I am afraid you can't change its interface language unless you "hack" the software, like the programmers from China do....
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks for the info on modifying the X-application software.

I'm usually a step or two behind everyone else, but here goes...

http://www.sony.jp/ServiceArea/impdf/pdf/44081970M-JP.pdf   is the Japanese pdf for Z1000     Then Google translate it in small chunks as needed. 

http://www.sony.jp/support/pa_common/x-appli/howto/index.html  is close to what cklow01 gave us originally.  It gives X application user guidance in Japanese as HTML.  If you use Google Chrome as your browser, it can translate as you go.

The different word order of Japanese vs English leads to jumbled sentences, but those links might help.

Someone asked about Walkman updates a while back--MediaGo does make checking for them easy.
It also downloaded my Album Covers, but they were already affixed and I didn't have Atrac files. No need to explain this to me, I'm just a newbie that's throwing stuff there out in case someone else missed something.

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #1,308 of 4,019
Quote:
I've got a chance to listening to Z and after 15 minutes comparring to my X I can say I've got a mixed feelings. I paired it with my EX700 and what I noticed:
 - Mids and highs were really smooth and clear (a little bit clearer than my X)
 - Lows were really flat. I set Clear Bass on +3 and played around with EQ, but it didn't help. Comparing to my X, bass was too flat and without almost any impact.
I would like to check SQ with PowerAMP if there will be improvement over stock player.

But as device I'm impressed with build quality and really vivid screen. Unfortunately it's to big player for me :p

Well I would seriously try poweramp out...the 10 band EQ means you can bump the bass up and still retain nice mids...depends on what IEM´s your using though...this was the main reason i switched to poweramp, the bass is just so much better with that 10 band EQ! I didnt really hear THAT much of a difference with clear bass on either tbh, poweamp also had gapless so it was a win, win in my book lol 

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #1,309 of 4,019

YeahQuote:

Well I would seriously try poweramp out...the 10 band EQ means you can bump the bass up and still retain nice mids...depends on what IEM´s your using though...this was the main reason i switched to poweramp, the bass is just so much better with that 10 band EQ! I didnt really hear THAT much of a difference with clear bass on either tbh, poweamp also had gapless so it was a win, win in my book lol 

Yeah, it looks like Clear Bass doesn't work well (almost no difference between values). Player version was 1.2 (?) 1.1 (?). I don't remember.
Only once I've heard PowerAMP (on Xperia Mini Pro) and it really pumped sound, but nevertheless I would like to hear it on Z. I think I could sneak it in to device in store :D

EDIT Is there possibility to download PowerAMP to other device and then send it via Bluetooth to Z? I.e. Computer -> Phone -> Walkman

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #1,310 of 4,019

Quote:
You want it to look for cover art automatically or you have the cover art with you and just want to attach it to your atrac files? I can confirm the latter can be done easily by just dragging the photo to your album inside the software. I haven't tried the former yet though.

X-application can search the cover art for ATRAC file automatically and embed it to the tag but it is not very powerful in my opinion as it couldn''t find my cover quite often. But you can always attach it manually.Cheers.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #1,311 of 4,019
Sonicstage 4.3 also works if you want to create ATRAC lossless files, these can then be copied to the player.  If you include the cover album image then on the player you can hold down the album and choose a picture from gallery to assign to it.  For those with issues installing Japanese only software on the pc you can download a Microsoft utility called applocale that allows you to run a program with a different language localed (eg Japanese).

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #1,312 of 4,019
Quote:
Yeah, it looks like Clear Bass doesn't work well (almost no difference between values). Player version was 1.2 (?) 1.1 (?). I don't remember.
Only once I've heard PowerAMP (on Xperia Mini Pro) and it really pumped sound, but nevertheless I would like to hear it on Z. I think I could sneak it in to device in store :D

EDIT Is there possibility to download PowerAMP to other device and then send it via Bluetooth to Z? I.e. Computer -> Phone -> Walkman

Well not too sure what you mean about sending via bluetooth...but if you already paid for it on one device then via the market you should be able to download it for free (if your using the same email address in the market!) If not just download the cracked version from here http://apkhit.com/2012/04/poweramp-music-player-2-0-1-build-455-apk-for-android-os/ just put it in the download folder of your Z after youve extracted the .apk´s and use a free file manager like Astro to find the download folder and then install it and the crack...you will be prompted to check install from sources outside the market and just say yes! Dont do this if you havent bought it though...or this haha 
deadhorse.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #1,313 of 4,019

Quote:
Yes you should be able to send poweramp via Bluetooth if you have the APK file.  If not just create it using AppMonster or similar.

Originally Posted by Aelavin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #1,314 of 4,019

OptiQuote:
Quote:
Well not too sure what you mean about sending via bluetooth...but if you already paid for it on one device then via the market you should be able to download it for free (if your using the same email address in the market!) If not just download the cracked version from here http://apkhit.com/2012/04/poweramp-music-player-2-0-1-build-455-apk-for-android-os/ just put it in the download folder of your Z after youve extracted the .apk´s and use a free file manager like Astro to find the download folder and then install it and the crack...you will be prompted to check install from sources outside the market and just say yes! Dont do this if you havent bought it though...or this haha 
deadhorse.gif

I choose option #2 :D I've got SE W995 so I can't buy this app, so I wanted to download somehow zipped app, then send via BT and then install it on Z, but I meant the trial version, not necessarily full/cracked :D

Seriosly I don't care about store's staff. When they want to talk to you the only thing you must do is say "Thanks, but I don't need help" and they go away :D I tested Z for around 20 minutes, paired it with my phone, sended some audio files and they didin't bother me :wink:

And thanks for instruction - I appreciated.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #1,315 of 4,019
Quote:
I choose option #2 :D I've got SE W995 so I can't buy this app, so I wanted to download somehow zipped app, then send via BT and then install it on Z, but I meant the trial version, not necessarily full/cracked :D

Seriosly I don't care about store's staff. When they want to talk to you the only thing you must do is say "Thanks, but I don't need help" and they go away :D I tested Z for around 20 minutes, paired it with my phone, sended some audio files and they didin't bother me :wink:

And thanks for instruction - I appreciated.

Np, sorry didnt realise you didnt have the Z...that went way over my head lol 

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #1,317 of 4,019
Does anyone know if the Fiio L5 LOD works with the Z? http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-Line-Cable-Walkman-Player/dp/B004M172JA

Quote:
im confuses, does the japanese version allow the interface to be in english? i thought the thread started by saying it did but then on this page it says you cant get it in english without a hack?

No you can can change the interface to be english, that hack thing is for software that you can use with the Z but you dont need that software! (i dont use it) 

Apr 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #1,319 of 4,019
Apr 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,320 of 4,019
Quote:
Yes, it arrived yesterday and I tried it out.

Great...thanks mate! 

Also would really love to hear your opinion weather the sound improves amped, I will be using IEM´s (CKS77 when they arrive next week) so dont need more juice or anything! 

I know it may be a bit early to decide now if you only got it yesterday...but initial impressions would be appreciated :D

Cheers 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back