NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Apr 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #1,291 of 4,019

Quote:
That's correct. I have done that too. Here are the steps and I hope they are useful for you guys.

1) Download X-application from http://sonicstage.update.sony.net/v3003/JP/x-APPLICATION_S_V3003.exe but don't install first.
2) Download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ and install it.
3) Right click X-application and select 7-zip then Extract to "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003\".
4) Open the newly created "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003" folder and look for a file called "SetupXAPP" (it is a configuration setting file, not the EXE file because there are 2 files with this name).
5) Open that file and go to the line with "supportoslang    =Japanese", change Japanese to English and then save the file.
6) Then you can double click SetupXAPP.EXE to start installing the program. It should install fine now.

Enjoy X-application! Cheers.

what is the advantage of using the above over sonicstage 4.3 that runs in english?

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #1,294 of 4,019

Quote:
That's correct. I have done that too. Here are the steps and I hope they are useful for you guys.

1) Download X-application from http://sonicstage.update.sony.net/v3003/JP/x-APPLICATION_S_V3003.exe but don't install first.
3) Right click X-application and select 7-zip then Extract to "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003\".
4) Open the newly created "x-APPLICATION_S_V3003" folder and look for a file called "SetupXAPP" (it is a configuration setting file, not the EXE file because there are 2 files with this name).
5) Open that file and go to the line with "supportoslang    =Japanese", change Japanese to English and then save the file.
6) Then you can double click SetupXAPP.EXE to start installing the program. It should install fine now.

where were you two weeks ago...
angry_face.gif
wink_face.gif

ok can you now transfer to MediaGo from SonicStage then get Album Art ?... that's all I need to know now to press the button for a new Z1070 (I could have a brand-new unused US-version Z1060 going begging (£235 plus ship - UK or Europe only), so watch this space.

walks away mumbling... *** a forth WM-Z

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #1,296 of 4,019

Quote:
Quote:

angry_face.gif
wink_face.gif

ok can you now transfer to MediaGo from SonicStage then get Album Art ?... that's all I need to know now to press the button for a new Z1070 (I could have a brand-new unused US-version Z1060 going begging (£235 plus ship - UK or Europe only), so watch this space.

I tried it, still all menus and installer language are in Japanese, So...????

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #1,297 of 4,019

Quote:
People are saying the prefer their Z to thier X by how much...now thats the subjective bit, but to put things in perspective I prefer the HP out of the Z to my RWA iMod 5.5g to a Fiio E11 you also get a lovley screen and all the benefits of Android...poweramps a must though...10 band EQ, crossfade etc
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I've got a chance to listening to Z and after 15 minutes comparring to my X I can say I've got a mixed feelings. I paired it with my EX700 and what I noticed:
 - Mids and highs were really smooth and clear (a little bit clearer than my X)
 - Lows were really flat. I set Clear Bass on +3 and played around with EQ, but it didn't help. Comparing to my X, bass was too flat and without almost any impact.
I would like to check SQ with PowerAMP if there will be improvement over stock player.

But as device I'm impressed with build quality and really vivid screen. Unfortunately it's to big player for me :p

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #1,298 of 4,019

Quote:
angry_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Can you elaborate more what you are trying to do so that I can help you to test it. I don't quite get it. Sorry...

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #1,299 of 4,019
Apr 14, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #1,300 of 4,019

wink_face.gif

Quote:

The program is a Japanese program, so all interface language will of course be in Japanese. The steps above are are just meant to overcome the hurdle of not being able to install on non-Japanese OS. Without the mentioned trick, you can't even install it in the first place. How to use it afterward is of course another matter of concern.
wink_face.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #1,301 of 4,019

Quote:
Can you elaborate more what you are trying to do so that I can help you to test it. I don't quite get it. Sorry...

Turok knows exactly what I mean.... he's understanding of my probs and does stuff that I have no idea about then tells me the outcome.

I'm trying to get Album art on the Z1070 without having to jump through loads of hoops.... other versions its simple but there again, they can't play Atrac files.

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #1,302 of 4,019

Quote:
wink_face.gif

Quote:

The program is a Japanese program, so all interface language will of course be in Japanese. The steps above are are just meant to overcome the hurdle of not being able to install on non-Japanese OS. Without the mentioned trick, you can't even install it in the first place. How to use it afterward is of course another matter of concern.
wink_face.gif

I just stumbled on a user who was able to install a language pack for version 2, but with this version it will crash, I liked the interface, but why not in English, at least?????

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #1,303 of 4,019

Quote:
wink_face.gif

ok I suppose it's progress of a sorts... now all we need is someone from Japan to see if there's a setting for English & how we achieve it.

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #1,304 of 4,019

Quote:
Turok knows exactly what I mean.... he's understanding of my probs and does stuff that I have no idea about then tells me the outcome.

I'm trying to get Album art on the Z1070 without having to jump through loads of hoops.... other versions its simple but there again, they can't play Atrac files.

You want it to look for cover art automatically or you have the cover art with you and just want to attach it to your atrac files? I can confirm the latter can be done easily by just dragging the photo to your album inside the software. I haven't tried the former yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back