NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jan 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #106 of 4,019
Has anyone ordered from 'whiterabbitexpress.com' and imported into UK?

Other questions to those that have got a Z-Series from Japan....

Was there a customs charge to your country if so how much approx ? (I may import via Canada so would be useful to know).

Was the player double-boxed for safe delivery?

Was 'whiterabbitexpress' good on delivery (never used a proxy service before)

thanking you for any help or advice in advance

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #107 of 4,019
Whiterabbitexpress was great to work with. From the time I ordered to the time it arrived was about 8 days, so that was great. The packaging was safe, and it arrived in excellent condition. My import fees were about 20$ (with FedEx in Canada). Annnnd that should about cover it!  

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #110 of 4,019
Anyone interested in a 64GB model that is located in the US? I just received mine today and I am deciding to sell it. It only had an hour of use so far and has not left my desk area in my home. It is in mint condition and back in the box now. I have the X series and did a lot of A/Bing but in the end to my ears, I prefer the sound of the X series over the Z series. Don't get me wrong....the Z series has a beautiful screen and the physical make of the product is top notch. In my opinion it is a lot nicer than the X series but I think sound lacks the warmth that I have grown accustomed to. I think the X is better than the Z in terms of audio quality by a bit and not a whole lot. The Z is better in terms of just about everything else. I paid 650 for mine on eBay. Asking around the 600 mark for it. If anyone wants it before I send it back overseas, PM me your email and we can talk through there. I take Paypal and ship USPS Priority mail. Thanks

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #111 of 4,019
You know, I think it's nice to see that Sony got competitive with their pricing.  Would have like to see them go straight dollar for dollar with the Itouch, but I guess Sony just isn't about that. 

Looking forward to hearing about this player more.  I wonder how it will compare to the A series.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #112 of 4,019
Very interesting observations on the SQ between the two, burst! Seems to align with Duncan's impressions of the A865 compared to the X. This is not what I was hoping to find out! 

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #113 of 4,019
Hmmmm....I might still go for the A series.  There is an X series at a store here that's the 32 GB brand new....it's going for 279.  But the lack of SensMe and a dedicated Shuffle button made me sell my original...so I can't see buying it again.  I really want the A series to sound as good, because I LOVED the sound of my X.  I think I might pass on the Z because I"m not a fan of android.  If it wasn't open market and a wonder breeding ground for viruses then I'd probably get into it more. 

Guess the jury is still out.  I have the new S series and I like it but it's only an 8GB which isn't anywhere near enough.  Sound quality wise though, I was pretty disappointed because I can't tell any differences between it and the newest E series generation. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #116 of 4,019
I believe I saw a video and it was a 5 band.  I don't think Sony uses anything more than a 5 band anyway.  The only portable player I can remember in recent years that offered more was the Samsung P2 and maybe P3?  The P2 for sure had a 7 band. 

Itunes has a 10 band for desktop use only....sure would be nice if they would decide to put that 10 band customizable on their players. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #118 of 4,019
Release date in USA & UK is 1st March (or therabouts)

Prices for USA - 32gb = $329 (£214)... 16gb = $279... 8gb £250

Prices for UK- 32gb = £299 ($460)

No doubt UK model will be volume capped so instead of paying £360 (plus ship) for one from Japan, I'll wait six weeks and get me one from the States.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #120 of 4,019
Does The Z series have on-the-go playlist support? it's practically the only gripe I have with my X-series, also how is the usability of the device without dedicated playback buttons like on the X-series? being able to pause and change songs blindly is one of the best assets of my X-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back