NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jan 14, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #121 of 4,019

Quote:
Does The Z series have on-the-go playlist support? it's practically the only gripe I have with my X-series, also how is the usability of the device without dedicated playback buttons like on the X-series? being able to pause and change songs blindly is one of the best assets of my X-series.

It runs Android, which means you can install a media player that has the functions you want.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #122 of 4,019

Quote:
Does The Z series have on-the-go playlist support? it's practically the only gripe I have with my X-series, also how is the usability of the device without dedicated playback buttons like on the X-series? being able to pause and change songs blindly is one of the best assets of my X-series.

This is the biggest two gripes I have with this new Z series Walkman also, wish common sense would prevail with the hard buttons at Sony.

Quote:

It runs Android, which means you can install a media player that has the functions you want.

That is good news, have you actually experienced a media player app that works on the Z series with on the go play list?

I still find it strange why Sony do not incorporate this feature them selves, after all it's not as if it would be rocket science for them and plenty of people have been wanting this feature since the older HDD Walkman's where around.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #123 of 4,019
Here for us mere mortals in the UK who wanted the 64gb model looks like we have been stiffed by Sony and the 32gb model price has just been revealed on the Sony Style web site and I know it will be cheaper elsewhere when it rolls out after the first month or two but Sony are asking £395 for the 32gb version..... have they gone mad? (maybe the 64gb if it was here, but it's not)

I am reluctant for various reasons to go the importing from Japan through someone like White Rabbit, one was high cost of doing this but now seeing the official UK price for the 32gb model the Japan 64gb import price becomes more viable if i was to throw that amount at it anyway. My second main worry is with warranty here in the UK if I get the Japanese version, will I be covered under international warranty under Sony as I don't want a £450 brick if it dies on me. 

I am at the moment as a UK based head-fier who has had a fair share of Sony Walkman's and still enjoying my current X1060 whilst battery is still alive for now just confused and angry at how Sony conduct their business and how they determine what country gets what model like they know bloody best.

They decided the current new A series touch screen model was worthy of giving the UK a 64gb version albeit it was an exclusive to only one website in the UK (Amp3) and not even Sony Style had them in stock, so why do Sony feel the their own brothers deserve the 64gb model but not the US and Europe??????????

I was so looking forward to this model especially with reports this sounds just as good if not better than the X series I am seriously for the first time p***** off with Sony to the point in principle to invest my money in another player made by some one else. (especially when you see where this player price category  takes you into) 

Maybe if I calm down later I may still be stupid enough to pay £500 to import this from Japan! 

Just hope someone at Sony does read these so they wake up and stops messing around with the US & European customers as second rate citizens (both on price and model allocations)

This seriously sucks Sony.

Rant over & out
mad.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #124 of 4,019

Quote:
Here for us mere mortals in the UK who wanted the 64gb model looks like we have been stiffed by Sony and the 32gb model price has just been revealed on the Sony Style web site and I know it will be cheaper elsewhere when it rolls out after the first month or two but Sony are asking £395 for the 32gb version..... have they gone mad? (maybe the 64gb if it was here, but it's not)

I am reluctant for various reasons to go the importing from Japan through someone like White Rabbit, one was high cost of doing this but now seeing the official UK price for the 32gb model the Japan 64gb import price becomes more viable if i was to throw that amount at it anyway. My second main worry is with warranty here in the UK if I get the Japanese version, will I be covered under international warranty under Sony as I don't want a £450 brick if it dies on me. 

I am at the moment as a UK based head-fier who has had a fair share of Sony Walkman's and still enjoying my current X1060 whilst battery is still alive for now just confused and angry at how Sony conduct their business and how they determine what country gets what model like they know bloody best.

They decided the current new A series touch screen model was worthy of giving the UK a 64gb version albeit it was an exclusive to only one website in the UK (Amp3) and not even Sony Style had them in stock, so why do Sony feel the their own brothers deserve the 64gb model but not the US and Europe??????????

I was so looking forward to this model especially with reports this sounds just as good if not better than the X series I am seriously for the first time p***** off with Sony to the point in principle to invest my money in another player made by some one else. (especially when you see where this player price category  takes you into) 

Maybe if I calm down later I may still be stupid enough to pay £500 to import this from Japan! 

Just hope someone at Sony does read these so they wake up and stops messing around with the US & European customers as second rate citizens (both on price and model allocations)

This seriously sucks Sony.

Rant over & out
mad.gif

£299 on uk sony store website for the 32gb version, and hopefully it will be cheaper (which is ussualy the case) once other stores and websites start selling it.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #125 of 4,019

Quote:
£299 on uk sony store website for the 32gb version, and hopefully it will be cheaper (which is ussualy the case) once other stores and websites start selling it.

Not from where I am sitting..... : )
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-z-series/nwz-z1060?page=ProductNewSeriesHome

£299 would be more acceptable and in line with previous equivalent models on release as their RRP and then obviously other retailers like Play & Amazon initially in competition have been know to cut that price by up to 20%.  £395 sounds more like what the 64gb version should be if it where available even then that is steep, going to near smart phone territory which is then not justified to a lot of people in the price regardless of what the Z player is capable of with sound.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #126 of 4,019

Quote:
Not from where I am sitting..... : )
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-z-series/nwz-z1060?page=ProductNewSeriesHome

£299 would be more acceptable and in line with previous equivalent models on release as their RRP and then obviously other retailers like Play & Amazon initially in competition have been know to cut that price by up to 20%.  £395 sounds more like what the 64gb version should be if it where available even then that is steep, going to near smart phone territory which is then not justified to a lot of people in the price regardless of what the Z player is capable of with sound.

something weird must be going on with sony website because the link is showing me £299, can anyone else confirm this, otherwise i should have gone to specsavers, http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-z-series/nwz-z1060?page=ProductNewSeriesHome

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #127 of 4,019
Very Strange, How there are two different prices on their same page god only knows?

I just tried both links and home page for Sony UK and must be down for maintenance even though I just get an error code come up. Other websites load ok.
Must be Sony price fixing and gauging our reaction to get the price right! lol

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #128 of 4,019
Jan 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #129 of 4,019
If you want to Import from USofA use these Guys - http://www.nybox.com/ - helped quite a few on a website I use & charge 10% handling fee on product you want.... tell them what you want & they'll source it, alternatively, find the item you want in the States and sent them the web-address of the product page... they do paypal, cards etc.

They will also do the Custom-Forms stating the amount you want on the declaration... £30.00 in the import maximum after that you are clobbered with Import Tax, VAT and P.O fees.... they will also double box if you ask for safe delivery.

hope that helps

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #130 of 4,019

Quote:
This is the biggest two gripes I have with this new Z series Walkman also, wish common sense would prevail with the hard buttons at Sony.  

That is good news, have you actually experienced a media player app that works on the Z series with on the go play list?

I still find it strange why Sony do not incorporate this feature them selves, after all it's not as if it would be rocket science for them and plenty of people have been wanting this feature since the older HDD Walkman's where around.

I have not experienced it as I do not need that feature. My point was, that if you have Android on a device, you have the choice. First try what players are out there and then decide if you like them or not.

Jan 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #131 of 4,019

Quote:
something weird must be going on with sony website because the link is showing me £299, can anyone else confirm this, otherwise i should have gone to specsavers, http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-z-series/nwz-z1060?page=ProductNewSeriesHome

It's okay, I realised this morning that the Sony site works from whatever Sony centre you choose which is usually one local to yourself, in my case my local Sony centre has it for some reason priced at £395. Whether this is a typo or just a franchise rip off who knows. Not that I would ever buy from a Sony centre to start with!

Quote:
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-z-series/nwz-z1060  UK price for 32gb is £299

Same model in USA is £214 (£329) - http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644839002&N=4294944025

I will get mine from USA common sense says that & it won't have the dreaded volume-cap.

Also Sony have International Warrenty's so should be covered by 12mths.

If Sony have learnt and kept it the same as the new A series it should be okay on the volume cap issue. 
Shame as I am going to the US later on this year anyway and would be a good price but it has to be 64gb on this player or it is not worth it for me.
Thank you....good to know it would still be covered under international warranty ; )

Quote:

I have not experienced it as I do not need that feature. My point was, that if you have Android on a device, you have the choice. First try what players are out there and then decide if you like them or not.

Thanks,will be sure to try them out if i get one.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #133 of 4,019

Quote:
I'd love one of these but its too pricey for me. But walkman proprietary connector is a real grrrrr these days. They dropped that on their phones. Why is it still on their walkmans.

iPod also have proprietary connector, but nobody complaint :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back