NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Dec 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #3,826 of 4,019
  Now you have identified the appropriate part maybe you could get in touch with Sony support to see if they could sell you one singly perhaps?

Sure, I'll ask a few of them if they are willing, then we can all have our spares :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #3,828 of 4,019
For god's sake, Sony's response:

"In regards to your NWZ-E463 Walkman, we regret to advise you that there are no spare parts available for your walkman hence we can't replace the battery."

blink.gif

I've asked again, failing this I'll take your advice Ok-Guy, and PM Anak-Chan, thanks for letting me know this.

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #3,829 of 4,019
  For god's sake, Sony's response:

"In regards to your NWZ-E463 Walkman, we regret to advise you that there are no spare parts available for your walkman hence we can't replace the battery."

blink.gif

I've asked again, failing this I'll take your advice Ok-Guy, and PM Anak-Chan, thanks for letting me know this

Really sorry to hear about this streak with your Sony products. Nothing is user replaceable
triportsad.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #3,830 of 4,019

Really sorry to hear about this streak with your Sony products. Nothing is user replaceable
triportsad.gif

Thanks dude, the thing is this has been Sony's attitude for a long time, I used to have a Walkman WM-DD1 back in the day, bought new (goddam ages ago), the headphone socket went (one of them), so I took it back nto the shop I bought it from, and they said the same thing, i.e. cannot be repaired, but the shop replaced it with a Aiwa something, had touch sensitive buttons, was an awsome cassette player (had dolby C and stuff).

But I suppose my point is that a piece if kit (1060) weighing in at +$300 (US) when I bought it, should have some quality of support beyond the norm, when just outside the warranty period, but maybe I am expecting too much, would the Japanese put up with this? (if I was in Tokyo I would be down akihabara looking for parts)

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #3,831 of 4,019
Just tried the free Beat android app, works well and takes care of the size limitations: it lets you stream from dropbox and google drive; since I wasn't using much space on the latter it's like adding another 25 GB to my Z1060, you only need to have wifi... Setup is painless. Good for the newer F players too.

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #3,832 of 4,019
I noticed that after completing a full charge, my Walkman drops to 82% quickly (within several minutes).  I have not used my unit heavily, and I am certain that this issue has occurred since I first bought it.

Anyone else notice this?  Lately my Z has been performing much better than usual, which is always welcome :wink:

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #3,833 of 4,019
  I noticed that after completing a full charge, my Walkman drops to 82% quickly (within several minutes).  I have not used my unit heavily, and I am certain that this issue has occurred since I first bought it.

Anyone else notice this?  Lately my Z has been performing much better than usual, which is always welcome :wink:

This might be down to specific apps? I went a little crazy and installed some, after getting rid of them battery life was better, I seem to remember in particular some weather app running all the time. Just a thought.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #3,834 of 4,019

This might be down to specific apps? I went a little crazy and installed some, after getting rid of them battery life was better, I seem to remember in particular some weather app running all the time. Just a thought.

I only have the main apps installed, having a feeling it could be the battery...  Thought it was the widgets at first, but I disabled and reset the device.

Sometimes the device will run smooth, and other times it will lag.  Could definitely be a rogue process, but nothing I can manage without rooting it haha

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #3,835 of 4,019
  I only have the main apps installed, having a feeling it could be the battery...  Thought it was the widgets at first, but I disabled and reset the device.

Sometimes the device will run smooth, and other times it will lag.  Could definitely be a rogue process, but nothing I can manage without rooting it haha

Is this with the latest firmware? My Z1060 went from barely usable with the original Ginger Bread Android to mostly smooth with Ice Cream Sandwich. To give you a point of comparison I charged it last night and this morning it has 91% charge. Maybe the weather has something to do with it too, if it's really cold? In Settings/Apps/Running the only non stock ones are Spotify, Box...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back