NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Mar 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #3,886 of 4,019
i have been using this player for more than 2 years and its still going pretty strong but the battery start to drain much faster than it use to be, so my question is,does any of you guys have tried to replace the battery on z1050. if yes then please also mention where can one find the new battery for this player.

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #3,887 of 4,019
i have been using this player for more than 2 years and its still going pretty strong but the battery start to drain much faster than it use to be, so my question is,does any of you guys have tried to replace the battery on z1050. if yes then please also mention where can one find the new battery for this player.

you can find in the official service center sony!

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,889 of 4,019
  yes i can always do that. but, since it is already out of 1 year warranty coverage so its not going to be a cheap one.

You are probably going to have to open your Walkman and improvise.  Maybe if you get the part number you can find a similar option in a device that Sony is currently selling.

I think I linked a forum with a post containing an entire tear down of the WM-Z, which may end up being fruitful

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #3,890 of 4,019

You are probably going to have to open your Walkman and improvise.  Maybe if you get the part number you can find a similar option in a device that Sony is currently selling.

I think I linked a forum with a post containing an entire tear down of the WM-Z, which may end up being fruitful

that would be very helpful if i can find that link but as you can see it is not an easy task to go through this entire thread to find that link. so will be very nice of you if you can provide me the link again.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #3,892 of 4,019
You can't get a replacement battery for the nwz-z range, sony class the product as an iwx (in warranty exchange) with no user serviceable/replaceable parts, an do not stock any parts for the nwz-z range at all.

I have already requested a battery with nothing but push backs from Sony, if the battery fails, then I'm afraid the Walkman is bricked.

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #3,893 of 4,019
  that would be very helpful if i can find that link but as you can see it is not an easy task to go through this entire thread to find that link. so will be very nice of you if you can provide me the link again.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=263
I believe someone took down the original thread, as I cannot find it anymore.

You can't get a replacement battery for the nwz-z range, sony class the product as an iwx (in warranty exchange) with no user serviceable/replaceable parts, an do not stock any parts for the nwz-z range at all.

I have already requested a battery with nothing but push backs from Sony, if the battery fails, then I'm afraid the Walkman is bricked.

You will have to be daring enough to open the Walkman and remove the battery.  Pretty sure the same battery connectors can be found on other Sony products.  Just might be able to squeeze a larger battery :wink:

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,894 of 4,019
  http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=263
I believe someone took down the original thread, as I cannot find it anymore.

You will have to be daring enough to open the Walkman and remove the battery.  Pretty sure the same battery connectors can be found on other Sony products.  Just might be able to squeeze a larger battery :wink:

For sure on looking for a similar battery, looked at the Xperia batteries, but the nwz-z's have a 3 pin connector running from the battery via 3 short wires, there must be another device that uses this type of connector, but yet to find it, another possibility is running the walkman from a DC power adaptor, but obviously this might compromise the portability somewhat.

To get the back off the walkman, just prise off the small plastic strip with the code number on it at the bottom of the back cover, there are two small screws underneath, unscrew these with a jewellers screwdriver and carefully lift off the back, the battery is held in by a plastic cover, remove the screws on this and the battery lifts out, carefull nmot to lose the volume control plastic bit, this will be loose now..

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #3,895 of 4,019

For sure on looking for a similar battery, looked at the Xperia batteries, but the nwz-z's have a 3 pin connector running from the battery via 3 short wires, there must be another device that uses this type of connector, but yet to find it, another possibility is running the walkman from a DC power adaptor, but obviously this might compromise the portability somewhat.

To get the back off the walkman, just prise off the small plastic strip with the code number on it at the bottom of the back cover, there are two small screws underneath, unscrew these with a jewellers screwdriver and carefully lift off the back, the battery is held in by a plastic cover, remove the screws on this and the battery lifts out, carefull nmot to lose the volume control plastic bit, this will be loose now..

Can you take a photo of the connector?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-BP-4W-Battery-for-Lumia-810-822-OEM-Original-LiION-1800mAh-BP4W-/360771767382?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item53ffac4c56

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #3,896 of 4,019
I think I found the original post with the pics of the inside of the Z - http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68564 - the mediafire link to the pics seems to be still valid.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andy

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,897 of 4,019

Can you take a photo of the connector?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-BP-4W-Battery-for-Lumia-810-822-OEM-Original-LiION-1800mAh-BP4W-/360771767382?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item53ffac4c56

Ta da:

You can buy a used one from here (link to china ebay like site), but they'll only take payment in the Chinese equivalent to PayPal (so a reliable mandarin/canton speaking work colleague confirms), it's up for sale for ~ £1.50.

But the part as the site details is a Sony LIS1484MHPPC

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,900 of 4,019

Does this work for the Z walkman? Anyone try it out?

Let us know how it goes
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back