NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #3,901 of 4,019
Still, pretty ridiculous that we are having to search worldwide market places in multiple languages for a battery that might or might not work, just because Sony can't be bothered to sell us the actual thing!

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #3,904 of 4,019
anyone help me,i can't update my Z 1070 jpn to 2.02, im using 2.01. i've tried using ota or using pc. when i click system update in the setting its said some thing like this " an error occured in system update. ( error code :0). when i use pc, its stuck in 80% an the program just stop and exit. its rooted using that chinese software, i've tried un rooted it but its just the same. i cant even factory reset my Z, when i click reset device and erase everything, nothing happen. can enyone help meee?

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #3,905 of 4,019
  anyone help me,i can't update my Z 1070 jpn to 2.02, im using 2.01. i've tried using ota or using pc. when i click system update in the setting its said some thing like this " an error occured in system update. ( error code :0). when i use pc, its stuck in 80% an the program just stop and exit. its rooted using that chinese software, i've tried un rooted it but its just the same. i cant even factory reset my Z, when i click reset device and erase everything, nothing happen. can enyone help meee?

I've never rooted any android, so I dont know how to reverse it. The update can be done with wi-fi going through the menu settings & system update. In your case, since you have rooted the device, not sure if the 2.02 update will work.

When you say you un-rooted, how did you do it? Did you set it back with the rooted software or wiped out and completely reinstalled 2.01.

The only way I see this happening is getting the original software back into the system (completely erasing root & its directories), then updating from there.

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #3,906 of 4,019
Download superSU from play store onto your device. Use the normal mode and give it all the permission if it ask any and choose the complete unroot option from the menu.it will unroot your device then you can reset the device to factory default and should be able to update

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #3,908 of 4,019
hey guys i mentioned that i had cracked my z1070 screen its still working perfectly is there any place i can repair it..actually i might sell mine it even though there is a crack on it it works wonderfully

Apr 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #3,909 of 4,019
  hey guys i mentioned that i had cracked my z1070 screen its still working perfectly is there any place i can repair it..actually i might sell mine it even though there is a crack on it it works wonderfully

None that I know of.  Your best bet would be to buy a broken z1040/etc and replace the housings.  Still going to be cheaper than Sony repair!  

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #3,911 of 4,019
Going in for another Z. I'm hooked to this player!

You're not alone, that's what I did as well a few months ago. Who knows when Sony will end production of the Z..

Looking at starting an affair with the ZX1 on the side though:wink:

This after the promising reviews in the zx1 topic surrounding it's latest firmware update. It seems to have incorporated now some of the warmer smooth sound as present in the Z, in the ZX1!

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3,913 of 4,019
You're not alone, that's what I did as well a few months ago. Who knows when Sony will end production of the Z..

Looking at starting an affair with the ZX1 on the side though:wink:

This after the promising reviews in the zx1 topic surrounding it's latest firmware update. It seems to have incorporated now some of the warmer smooth sound as present in the Z, in the ZX1!

Sony has already ended Z production here in the US. I bought it first time it arrived here in the US and happy that it still stand strong! Bought a 32GB US version online recently for under $200 in new condition but the battery was long dead but it's all up an about.

As for ZX1, I dont think I can pay that high for a DAP that doesnt have removable battery. In the long run, it came as a thought.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3,914 of 4,019
New firmware update 2.03 available for the Japanese Z.

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/update/index.html

Enjoy:)

Hmm no DSD here too. Looks like they wouldnt do so for the fear of people not upgrading their device if update supported DSD.

I am keen to know if this player is capable of playing DSD if it can be supported. In other words, does DSD require a good DAC and does the Z have the capability?

Apr 28, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #3,915 of 4,019
Did a few listening comparisons of tracks of MJ's Thriller album in FLAC. This between a Japanese Z on the new updated firmware 2.03 and another still on 2.02.

To my ears and setup I notice a small difference in sound.This in favour of the new update 2.03.

Bass seems to extend slightly lower and have more punch. I also notice tweaking done in the detail/resolution department. Songs just seems a bit more clear and I seem to be slightly better able to make out the smallest effects and detail of instruments in the songs, they all seem more pronounced/forward. All differences with this update luckily done without losing the original warmer and smoother character of the player's sound.

I don't own a ZX1 or F880 series but could it be that Sony is moving a bit closer to their sound with the Z? Could just be the same people in Sony doing the ZX1 and f880 updates and giving a similar update to the Z..

Quite admirable Sony improving this player's sound over a timespan of several years(and I already found it great in 2011:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back