New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
May 23, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #3,226 of 4,199
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/1301/v1/en/contents/TP1000735084.html

Extending the battery lifespan​

The [Battery Care] function reduces deterioration in the battery's performance by limiting the maximum charging capacity of the battery.
  1. Swipe the [WALKMAN Home] screen upwards.
  2. Tap the menu items in the following order.
    c_android_settings_label.png
    [Settings] - [Battery] - [Battery Care].
  3. Tap the switch to turn the function on.
    Battery care icon
    will appear in the status bar.

Note​

• When the function is turned on, the maximum charging capacity is limited, and the battery will not fully charge. This is not a malfunction.
  • While the function is turned on,
    Battery care icon
    will appear in the status bar even when the battery is not charging.
Great - that's the one - thanks for that!

May 24, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #3,228 of 4,199
strange bug with sony wh1000mx4 headphones when connecting to bluetooth sometimes volume very low. have to disconnect and reconnect for volume to appear normal again. not had this on android phones. strange it happens on sony to sony

May 24, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #3,229 of 4,199
Is it just me, or is the transfer from PC to an SD card via USB-USBC slow??? I am basically using a usb-a - usb-c cable to transfer to a MicroSD card plugged into the walkman, and it take about 11 minutes for 10 gig to xfer to the card.. it's alot faster if I load the audio directly to the card via microSD slot, but the new USB-C doesn't really offer improved speed. I figure if I use usb-c - usb-c on a laptop for instance, that would be faster?

May 25, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #3,230 of 4,199
Ordered a 306 last week. I've read it's a little underpowered depending on the use case but nothing that a dongle DAC or alternatively one of the, like, 86 different audio tweaking options on this thing can't fix. If my previous experiences with the A15 (killed on impact with a concrete floor in Portugal years ago) and the ZX-507 (I loved it but life circumstances meant I had to sell it) are anything to go by I'll like this one too :)

May 25, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #3,231 of 4,199
Ordered a 306 last week. I've read it's a little underpowered depending on the use case but nothing that a dongle DAC or alternatively one of the, like, 86 different audio tweaking options on this thing can't fix. If my previous experiences with the A15 (killed on impact with a concrete floor in Portugal years ago) and the ZX-507 (I loved it but life circumstances meant I had to sell it) are anything to go by I'll like this one too :)
I have a Japanese uncapped version and on my HD 600’s I have to pump it up to 110 to get a decent volume. Certainly not ideal but those are 300 ohms headphones after all.

May 25, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #3,232 of 4,199
I have an uncapped Japanese version. With my iems it gets just loud enough for me. And some of the extra sensitive ones get louder than I need. At 120 my unique melody mest mkii are just loud enough to be at the loudest I would want to listen, and usually I’m more around 105-110.

However I am running -6db overall gain with a parametric eq in poweramp to keep any possible distortion from my eq profiles at bay.

May 25, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #3,233 of 4,199
Is it just me, or is the transfer from PC to an SD card via USB-USBC slow??? I am basically using a usb-a - usb-c cable to transfer to a MicroSD card plugged into the walkman, and it take about 11 minutes for 10 gig to xfer to the card.. it's alot faster if I load the audio directly to the card via microSD slot, but the new USB-C doesn't really offer improved speed. I figure if I use usb-c - usb-c on a laptop for instance, that would be faster?
I will agree too that it is slower… I have transferred music both ways.. using a micro sd usb adapter stick and just leaving the card in the Walkman and plugging into the pc. It’s definitely much faster using the usb adapter. My laptop has a usb c port and I tried transferring with usb c to usb c cable but still faster with the sd card adapter. I stick with using the adapter now… not only for the speed but I also noticed a couple times when transferring music directly to the Walkman that those music files will randomly disappear off my sd card storage later on and I have to add em again. No idea how but it only happened a couple times and it was while directly transferring to the Walkman. So I just stick with using the adapter now.

May 25, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #3,234 of 4,199
I myself was also stuck getting a Capped US version a306. Did not want to go through any hassle getting my hands on an uncapped version. If it helps for comparison, I pair my capped version with 16ohm Sennheiser IEMs and depending on the audio track quality I am usually at a listening level between 80-110 out of 120. I rarely need to max out the volume but I still wish I had the room if needed. Only some songs am I getting close to max volume. Most of my music is 16/24bit 44/96 FLAC. Overall I am still happy with the capped version. And like you said, you can always pair it with a nice little dongle for that extra boost. I do that too sometimes and pair with either my Fiio Ka3 or BTR5 reciever. Hope you enjoy it. Happy listening.

May 25, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #3,235 of 4,199
I will agree too that it is slower… I have transferred music both ways.. using a micro sd usb adapter stick and just leaving the card in the Walkman and plugging into the pc. It’s definitely much faster using the usb adapter. My laptop has a usb c port and I tried transferring with usb c to usb c cable but still faster with the sd card adapter. I stick with using the adapter now… not only for the speed but I also noticed a couple times when transferring music directly to the Walkman that those music files will randomly disappear off my sd card storage later on and I have to add em again. No idea how but it only happened a couple times and it was while directly transferring to the Walkman. So I just stick with using the adapter now.
Ahhh ok... I thanks for reassuring me.. i wonder if the copy-to-micro sd card is an issue with other DAP, especially the higher budger ones?

May 26, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #3,236 of 4,199
I myself was also stuck getting a Capped US version a306. Did not want to go through any hassle getting my hands on an uncapped version. If it helps for comparison, I pair my capped version with 16ohm Sennheiser IEMs and depending on the audio track quality I am usually at a listening level between 80-110 out of 120. I rarely need to max out the volume but I still wish I had the room if needed. Only some songs am I getting close to max volume. Most of my music is 16/24bit 44/96 FLAC. Overall I am still happy with the capped version. And like you said, you can always pair it with a nice little dongle for that extra boost. I do that too sometimes and pair with either my Fiio Ka3 or BTR5 reciever. Hope you enjoy it. Happy listening.

I use my KA3 or BTR5 2021 with my A105. Although i do like the player as a stand-alone too with various iem’s. What battery consumption is drained from your A306 when using the KA3?

I’m using around 35% an hour from my A105-KA3 combination, with screen off and playing FLAC 16bit.

May 26, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #3,237 of 4,199
I’m looking for a specific feature in a player app that seems to be hard to find!

I’d like to have “Album Collections“, or at least playlists I can view as a grid of albums. The Walkman app has ”Favourite Albums” — I want exactly that, but with more than one list. I checked Poweramp and that doesn’t seem to do it… and I don’t want to buy UAPP only to find out it doesn’t do it either… extra bonus points if it can do bitperfect on our Walkmans.

Does anyone know of such an app?

May 27, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #3,238 of 4,199
I use my KA3 or BTR5 2021 with my A105. Although i do like the player as a stand-alone too with various iem’s. What battery consumption is drained from your A306 when using the KA3?

I’m using around 35% an hour from my A105-KA3 combination, with screen off and playing FLAC 16bit.
If using my BTR5 I just drive it over LDAC BT from much faster, always on phone.

Have to listen via wired anyway to get the Sony sound signature ( or maybe Sony BT ear/headphones).

May 27, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #3,239 of 4,199
I’m looking for a specific feature in a player app that seems to be hard to find!

I’d like to have “Album Collections“, or at least playlists I can view as a grid of albums. The Walkman app has ”Favourite Albums” — I want exactly that, but with more than one list. I checked Poweramp and that doesn’t seem to do it… and I don’t want to buy UAPP only to find out it doesn’t do it either… extra bonus points if it can do bitperfect on our Walkmans.

Does anyone know of such an app?
UAPP does bit perfect on walkmans, except DSD is converted to PCM.

May 27, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #3,240 of 4,199

Yea it definitely drains the battery faster with the Ka3 and a306 combo. I haven’t done any real comparisons but I would say it’s probably about the same rate of drain. There’s been a couple times I will use that combo and listen before bed, then fall asleep by accident lol and 7-8 hours later the Walkman is completely dead. For this reason sometimes I’ll do the same as psikey stated and just use my BTR5 and go LDAC over BT. Other times I keep it original and just go wired direct for Sonys sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back