New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 31, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #2,716 of 4,162
Hey gang,

I'm thinking about getting a DAP as my old Samsung Galaxy s8 that I only use for music is starting to play up. I don't want to use my iPhone as I can't load my FLAC files on an SD card so I'm considering either the Sony A306 (uncapped Australian/Indian version) or the Ibasso DX170, do you think either of these will be much better than my S8?

Also which one would you recommend to me, I am looking for something with good battery life, sound quality & portability, I just need to power IEMs and BT earbuds Im using a 7Hz Timeless and when at work the WF-1000XM4.

Mar 31, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #2,718 of 4,162
Mar 31, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #2,720 of 4,162
Unfortunately, the NW-A306 has still got at least one other major defect: wifi-related interference. With wifi enabled, some users--including several on this thread--are reporting audible noise occurring on the left channels of some IEMs and headphones.

And, before you ask: unlike the low-bass issue, users on Amazon Japan are complaining about wifi-related noise.

Mar 31, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #2,721 of 4,162
dang wth sony

Mar 31, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #2,722 of 4,162
Unfortunately, the NW-A306 has still got at least one other major defect: wifi-related interference. With wifi enabled, some users--including several on this thread--are reporting audible noise occurring on the left channels of some IEMs and headphones.

And, before you ask: unlike the low-bass issue, users on Amazon Japan are complaining about wifi-related noise.
Fortunately something else I don't seem to have a problem with.

Whats it sound like?

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #2,724 of 4,162
It sounds like aliens trying to communicate to you. Remember the AOL dial-up sound? Almost similar. Hard to describe. I can hear it but it is so faint, for me at least, that I can’t even tell it’s there unless I am in dead silence and no music playing and still may not even hear it then. Maybe it depends on the type of iems or sensitivity, not really sure. It’s not noticeable enough for me to have an issue with it.

Apr 1, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #2,725 of 4,162
Hi All, if anyone in the UK is interested MITER have brought out their leather case for the 306 and 307, available now on Amazon at around £36. Colours are black, grey, blue and red. Ordered the mine in blue. Hurry up as they'll go likes hot cakes.
Regards Graham
Thanks for the PSA..Bought a blue one too….

Apr 1, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #2,728 of 4,162
yeah I noticed that too, but to be honest, it's cheap enough to provide sctatch resistance / drop protection if nothing else
I'm old fashioned and would want real anti-Vegan leather 😃.

I'm happy enough with the Sony Flip case anyway, but if Dignis brought out a real leather one for A300 series then I'd be interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back