New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 30, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #2,641 of 4,121
Look like they solved the problem with this fw. Mine now has normal bass after the update.
Mine might have too much bass now, I hope it’s not +10db now for the players that didn’t have this problem originally! I will test more

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #2,642 of 4,121
Assuming you are just referring to using the above with the A307, what makes the FiiO FD7s better to your ears than the Sony M9s which are around twice the price?

Could you breakdown areas the FiiO's improve things and are there any shortcomings on the FD7s?

I've been reading this thread with interest tonight, but it goes in the opposite direction price wise! 🤔
Not better, just different. Bass and richness I'd say. Next month I may prefer the M9 again. 😆

I love bacon but if I ate it every day I 'd go off it for a while!

PS, they may be technically better, but its what you like the sound off on the day with the thing its connected too.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #2,643 of 4,121
Mine might have too much bass now, I hope it’s not +10db now for the players that didn’t have this problem originally! I will test more
Thats why I'm waiting on feedback! May give good ones a +10db bass!!!

Mar 30, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #2,645 of 4,121
Thats why I'm waiting on feedback! May give good ones a +10db bass!!!
Decided to risk it and updated my A306 (without bass issue)
It sounds the same, and REW graph looks flat as ever :D

rew.png

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #2,646 of 4,121
At last sony came through i knew it was a software problem ...now mine is normal i am just waiting for a few more normal A306 holders who updated on their feedback

Mar 30, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #2,654 of 4,121
Got a few other issues with my NW-A306 that I wonder if others also experience

1) If Wi-Fi is on and listening on wired, there will be some buzzing on the left side of earphones / headphones. The buzzing goes away when Wi-Fi is switched off.

2) When listening via Bluetooth, I think DSEE Ultimate causes static noises in the background. I had to go to the Sound Adjustment app and turn on Direct to get rid of the static.
Yes have this, too, on Campfire Audio Holocenes. Wi-fi off fixes it which is sort of the opposite reason i bought this dap to replace my A55. Let's see if there is a fix or workaround

Mar 30, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #2,655 of 4,121
Yep, it's all good now with my 306 from HK, my only pet peeve will be the walkman app counting til 9999 and no further; seems like a UI choice but come on, it's a device for music, they should expect people buying this product to have libraries bigger than 10k songs. Anyone holding on the update, don't, just go ahead and enjoy this awesome DAP.

Uhm, random question here but there's a guy selling the IE 800 for 260USD (400AUD) near my area, it looks basically new with box and all, do you guys think it's a good deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back