New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 13, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #2,161 of 4,126
It looks like this worked for me. I changed preference to stable connection and it seems that Wi-Fi with Bluetooth work a lot better now. Thank you very much.
I had this same exact issue when I had my old ZX-507 and use my WF-1000XM4 earbuds, I believe that it may be a limitation of the LDAC , if I had it set to music quality instead of stable connection it would be damn near unusable for me with the constant cutouts and drops.

Mar 13, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #2,162 of 4,126
It looks like either a filter wrongly applied or caps or something wrong in output stage. If it's hardware lots of people are going to be pissed if returns aren't made easy and expedited by sony. They won't fix them, they'll probably send out new units. I can't see repair centers changing out those tiny caps lol. Ok maybe a whole pcb but then the time and effort involved...

Unless it's just a tiny bridge that needs to be made. They might fix that by hand. All speculation. I wouldn't buy one until it's all sorted out.

It looks exactly like a 6dB low shelf filter at 100 Hz and 10dB. My guess is the inadvertent/incorrect filter application. See below for an overlay:

11995122.png

Mar 13, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #2,164 of 4,126
Maybe a little of both eh, lol Thankfully I haven’t had any issues with my ZX700 yet. /crossed fingers, now stuck waiting on the official leather case i ordered but didn’t realized it wouldn’t ship until late march early April.

We've got double the posts/pages as the ZX700 thread.

More love or just more problems 😆

Mar 13, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #2,165 of 4,126
Been following this thread for two or three weeks and finally decided to register today.

I bought the 306 for the US Sony site on the day of release (27th). I should have waited as I didn't know about the volume cap at the time.

Anyway, I called Sony today asking for a refund. Because of chemo brain I'd lost track of time and was told that as it was over 30 days they wouldn't refund. After my call being escalated 4 times I was still told no refund with no exceptions. My argument was that I was sold the unit under false pretenses because there was no mention of a cap online or their literature. Nada. They offered to exchange it but what's the point?

As a last resort I've put in a BBB complaint but I doubt it'll do anything. Even amazon has a better return policy.

The sad fact is that most of the features I love. But the fact that I'm not getting what I paid for sticks in my throat. Sorry I'm ranting. But I've been following you guys and I know some of you feel my pain. Thank you.
Well, lets hope you get well soon anyway.

Mar 13, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #2,167 of 4,126
Been following this thread for two or three weeks and finally decided to register today.

I bought the 306 for the US Sony site on the day of release (27th). I should have waited as I didn't know about the volume cap at the time.

Anyway, I called Sony today asking for a refund. Because of chemo brain I'd lost track of time and was told that as it was over 30 days they wouldn't refund. After my call being escalated 4 times I was still told no refund with no exceptions. My argument was that I was sold the unit under false pretenses because there was no mention of a cap online or their literature. Nada. They offered to exchange it but what's the point?

As a last resort I've put in a BBB complaint but I doubt it'll do anything. Even amazon has a better return policy.

The sad fact is that most of the features I love. But the fact that I'm not getting what I paid for sticks in my throat. Sorry I'm ranting. But I've been following you guys and I know some of you feel my pain. Thank you.
I also purchased mine from US Sony at launch and was not aware of the cap until after. Although I still love mine, even with the cap, what would be disappointing is if they didn’t consider that in the asking price. Are the capped units less? Or are the uncapped units more? So, in line with what you are saying also.. I would want what I paid for if it’s the same price as an uncapped device.

Mar 13, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #2,168 of 4,126

Hello again :) yes we absolutely feel your pain. The volume cap is one of the stupidest things in existence. You can blow your ears out so many other ways. My grandfather was partially deaf in his left ear because of a firecracker going off too close to it when he was a kid.

The volume cap is why lots of us import. Anyways I was as surprised as you that the US version was capped.

Mar 13, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #2,169 of 4,126
As I said, when you break down all the results, I can't see how it could be FW related. So Sony (and more importantly, owners) are going to have a major headache to deal with.
"I wouldn't buy one until it's all sorted out." - Ditto. Which sucks, as I was sold on getting one of those :)

It's all so random it's hard to imagine either one. Usually hardware failure happens in groups. There's no recognizable sequence here. But I guess a robot could have randomly gone wacko. Lol.

If you want one you could always go to Sony store and ask to try one before you buy.

Mar 14, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #2,172 of 4,126
Hi all, I've been following this thread for a long time. Lots of you have been lucky enough to get the uncapped version. Many thanks for all your help as I was also an individual who purchased the volume restricted version from the UK. Fortunately for me I sent it straight back without even opening it. That again was due to a few of you on here giving people the heads up. I actually posted a mini review on the Sony site saying how port it was in this day and age to be restricted on volume, and they actually posted it!
Anyway I like loads of us waiting fir the problems to get resolved before I get the 307 version, even though I'm itching to get one now. EBay is an option but a huge risk on it being faulty and getting it returned!!!

Please keep up the good work and the daily info on here.

Regards Graham

Mar 14, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #2,173 of 4,126
Ok I've reset my 306 and the volume is back up but don't call me crazy but the bass sounds weaker..... I've just turned up the 31 hz band almost all the way up. I'm going to try another factory reset.

I was messing with 2 dongles on Android and hiby usb exclusive mode- bit perfect and then when I tried 3.5 out there was low volume.

Mini HI Fi setup

20230312_140433.jpg

Will report back, very weird.

How it the FC6? I already have RU6 and really like how it sound.

Mar 14, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #2,174 of 4,126
Latest from AccessoryJack:

Thank you for bringing the audio issue with the Sony NW-A306 to our attention. We take such complaints very seriously and will make every effort to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

We have passed your concern on to our HONG KONG SONY authorized supplier/distributor for follow-up. Please note that it may take some time to receive feedback from them. In the meantime, we recommend that you contact Sony US directly to report the issue as a first step. As an end user, Sony US may be able to expedite the process.

Here is the contact of SONY US

You can live chat on this page:

https://us.esupport.sony.com/support/s/support-contact?language=en_US&category=walkman [us.esupport.sony.com]

Mar 14, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #2,175 of 4,126
How it the FC6? I already have RU6 and really like how it sound.

It's f ing amazing 😀 similar to ru6 but more open sounding closer to DS dac in some ways. No balanced out and not a ton of power, neither of those bug me. It's the smallest r2r dac. Got the dc03 pro, great detail but digital sounding- the Sony 3.5 out less digital sounding, and the fc6 not digital sounding at all. No veil or digital glare on the sound at all on NOS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back