New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 13, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #2,146 of 4,139
Nope and no firmware hitting either.
So, if I'm following your posts right, you have a good one & bass issue one in the same DAP !🤪

So glad my A307 just seems to work, and bloody good too. For my use, battery is great as is sound quality, and speed of operation perfectly fine.

Rare I do wifi live streaming, but no breakups.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #2,147 of 4,139
Thank you. I didn’t think about that. I set it to sound quality preferences since I’m a little ocd when it comes to obtaining all possible resources from my gear when it comes to sq. I’ll give it a try.
I had WF-1000XM4's and walking around outside they would breakup on Best but OK on 'con pref' setting.

Same with my S21 phone really. As a say, 990kbps Best works fine if just sat at home.

Mar 13, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #2,148 of 4,139
Today's reply was that he was checking back with the product manager and no info yet from Tokyo. I did send the latest list of affected units. He's doing us a favor so I'm trying not to push too hard and burn the contact and get ghosted.

Absolutely, it's help us or class action here we come!

😆 No of course it always nice to be cordial. We've done everything we can so far. I contacted accessory jack today to let them know they're might be a problem with some of their units, I linked to the Sony thread. And I asked them if they could contact Sony.

The only other thing I can think of is to maybe start similar threads on other (English speaking) regions Sony websites in the support section. I maybe could do the HK support site, I believe it's in English. I mean I've called them and you have this inside stuff happening. We've got no choice to be patient. I have faith that in the end all will be resolved one way or another.

It's not like Sony is a fly by night organization.

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #2,149 of 4,139
So, if I'm following your posts right, you have a good one & bass issue one in the same DAP !🤪

Lol, ok it's OK after the 2nd factory reset. But..... if I use my dongles on hiby exclusive dac and then use android @ 192 for say spotify or Amazon and then I go back to Sony app or hiby app to do bit perfect the volume is smashed.

If I do a soft reset the volume is back but then the bass is low. If I do a hard reset it fixes it. So I can't use bit perfect and the android system with my dongles in a particular order. I think it's a USB bug because it's happened if I use my phone and then back to the Sony.

Lol anyways whats really weird is this just started when I got the fc6 from hiby. And now both my dongles can trigger it. So idk what the f is going on.

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #2,150 of 4,139
Change LDAC setting from Best to other option (if on Best). LDAC Best at 990kbps is always iffy unless you are in ideal conditions. Most smartphones set at the 600kbps level.

Its 'ldac-connection pref.' on Walkman, in BT settings and Wireless Sound Quality.

If you're sat and not lots of other BT around 990 Best works OK.
It looks like this worked for me. I changed preference to stable connection and it seems that Wi-Fi with Bluetooth work a lot better now. Thank you very much.

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #2,152 of 4,139
It looks like this worked for me. I changed preference to stable connection and it seems that Wi-Fi with Bluetooth work a lot better now. Thank you very much.
I've had a few smarphones that just can't do LDAC Best at 990kbps at all, but Sony DAP's normally can and my LG V30 could, but not without glitching if moving about. Its pushing the limit of BT max speed, not interference with WiFi.

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #2,153 of 4,139
Absolutely, it's help us or class action here we come!

😆 No of course it always nice to be cordial. We've done everything we can so far. I contacted accessory jack today to let them know they're might be a problem with some of their units, I linked to the Sony thread. And I asked them if they could contact Sony.

The only other thing I can think of is to maybe start similar threads on other (English speaking) regions Sony websites in the support section. I maybe could do the HK support site, I believe it's in English. I mean I've called them and you have this inside stuff happening. We've got no choice to be patient. I have faith that in the end all will be resolved one way or another.

It's not like Sony is a fly by night organization.

Well, my Sony contact actually called me because they are wanting to overhaul the Community Support forum and I had posted about this issue there. He doesn't work for the Walkman Team but said he would try to get answers for us. He is an actual Sony employee (unlike the forum moderators or tech support which are third party). I'm sure he is having to work through the internal communication channels as best he can. Of course I wish it was faster but I am showing nothing but appreciation for his efforts so far.

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #2,154 of 4,139
Well, my Sony contact actually called me because they are wanting to overhaul the Community Support forum and I had posted about this issue there. He doesn't work for the Walkman Team but said he would try to get answers for us. He is an actual Sony employee (unlike the forum moderators or tech support which are third party). I'm sure he is having to work through the internal communication channels as best he can. Of course I wish it was faster but I am showing nothing but appreciation for his efforts so far.

Thanks for your efforts mate! You Rule! That's really good news!! 😀

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #2,155 of 4,139
Been listening for a while now with my A307, and as good as my Sony IER-M9's and Shure SE846's are, I'm enjoying it most with my single Beryllium driver Fiio FD7's with the balanced earth 4-pole adapter that just happens to be the cheapest 😍

Maybe next month my preference will change 😆 as is common in our hobby.

'Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams' just come on my mixed playlist. Anybody remember them? Sounding good.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #2,157 of 4,139
I was tentatively aiming to get one of those, and after perusing most (ok, not all) of the thread, I'd be very surprised this can be fixed with FW. Even supposing capped FW was flashed to wrong units at the factory, then how to explain some did get capped units BUT with okay bass and correct FR? It's not a tuning issue either, since that would, logic commands, reflect on the tuning going out to Bluetooth units used with the dap.
Not to be a naysayer or anything, but it looks much more like a HW issue to me, while hoping it's not.

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #2,158 of 4,139
Been listening for a while now with my A307, and as good as my Sony IER-M9's and Shure SE846's are, I'm enjoying it most with my single Beryllium driver Fiio FD7's with the balanced earth 4-pole adapter that just happens to be the cheapest 😍

Maybe next month my preference will change 😆 as is common in our hobby.

'Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams' just come on my mixed playlist. Anybody remember them? Sounding good.

Yep, 70's and 80's music ruled 📏

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #2,159 of 4,139
It looks like either a filter wrongly applied or caps or something wrong in output stage. If it's hardware lots of people are going to be pissed if returns aren't made easy and expedited by sony. They won't fix them, they'll probably send out new units. I can't see repair centers changing out those tiny caps lol. Ok maybe a whole pcb but then the time and effort involved...

Unless it's just a tiny bridge that needs to be made. They might fix that by hand. All speculation. I wouldn't buy one until it's all sorted out.

Mar 13, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #2,160 of 4,139
As I said, when you break down all the results, I can't see how it could be FW related. So Sony (and more importantly, owners) are going to have a major headache to deal with.
"I wouldn't buy one until it's all sorted out." - Ditto. Which sucks, as I was sold on getting one of those :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back