New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 25, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #1,456 of 4,177
I assume mine has issues? Based on the drop at the left side.
The first screenshot shows only the drop, the second screenshot shows the whole thing.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #1,457 of 4,177
Yes, I'd not go to an Android DAP unless I needed Music Streaming App with offline support (which I do).
You only have Walkman app installed, no third party music app ?

I have Poweramp that seems to work but it split several of my album and Musicolet that is fine with albums/songs/etc does not work with physical buttons…

Feb 25, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #1,458 of 4,177
when you all say the eu/uk version of the sony is underpowered what do you mean? underpowered to do what? im asking as im considering getting a uk version and want to know whether that should be a consideration for me. cheers

Honestly if it's like the capped US one I wouldn't get it. I don't consider my stuff hard to power and on some softer tracks I couldn't get a satisfactory volume even at 120. Plus the annoying alarm that goes off seemingly randomly and resetting your volume to 50 is annoying to say the least.

Feb 25, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #1,459 of 4,177
The first screenshot shows only the drop, the second screenshot shows the whole thing.
yes it has the problem, return/replace it

Feb 25, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #1,460 of 4,177
just for fun, the tiny Sony UX570 voice/line in recorder
1677324115676.png

- quite linear when recording, small 1-2db drop off at 30hz and +2db at 16khz. I wanted to use it to record some of my music via it's line in.

Seems to get quite loud - drives IERM7 well, I haven't tested it for music listening yet though

1677323971349.png

Attachments

• 1677324098631.png
    1677324098631.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 25, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #1,461 of 4,177

Yes, it appears that you do. It's much easier to see if you use a log scale on the x-axis.

Feb 25, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #1,462 of 4,177
just for fun, the tiny Sony UX570 voice/line in recorder

- quite linear when recording, small 1-2db drop off at 30hz and +2db at 16khz. I wanted to use it to record some of my music via it's line in.

Seems to get quite loud - drives IERM7 well, I haven't tested it for music listening yet though

The choice for ghost hunters too 😉 get those EVPs

Feb 25, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #1,463 of 4,177
So I've noted the lack of bass with wired over the ear headphones and measured the 10db drop in REW. Yesterday I paired the NW-A306 with my BT Sony WH-1000XM3 using LDAC and they sound great with the EQ set to Direct and HiRES streaming off. The headphone volume and next track and previous track functionality work as expected from the headphones. And today I'll get to compare my unit to another Japan unit that does not have the bass issue. I'll probably give Sony a little bit more time to come out and say something and if they don't I'll be returning it within the 60-day window to the eBay seller.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #1,464 of 4,177
Sony will come out with a firmware update soon i am sure of it ...but i am enjoying my unit not had one problem with it so far sounds even better after 25hrs so far

Feb 25, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #1,465 of 4,177
Sony will come out with a firmware update soon i am sure of it ...but i am enjoying my unit not had one problem with it so far sounds even better after 25hrs so far

Yep, I do think it sounds better with some hours. I just compared my Sony BT headphones DD that can be played via 3.5 jack with an adapter and I have just as much if not more bass than when used with BT on direct. The battery is awesome too, I mean you've got to expect it to be less with wifi streaming. I think they're will be an update pretty soon too. Hopefully it corrects those with the bass problem.

Oh, BTW Brice de oliveria my walkman physical pause play buttons work on both my wireless headphones. I'll check my speaker later and edit this.

Edit, my walkman works perfectly with my Anker soundcore mini 3. Play pause and track back and forward all work with the walkmans physical buttons. Kick ass little speaker btw, can adjust the sound in app. So I guess some work and some don't.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,466 of 4,177
Thanks but no hold switch activated here: and previous/next song buttons are working well.
I restore to factory state the device 4 time and 4 time the same thing happen (tested on three different bt system > one Sony srs-xb01 / Jbl speaker / U-green bt receiver).
On wired headphone no problem, but as soon as I connect the player to BT devices only previous/next buttons are working, for play/pause music I need to go in the music.app and press play and after I can’t stop/pause music by pressing the physical play/pause button… I need to re enter the music.app and press pause…
Speak of the devil! I experienced the play/pause button not working while using it on the street today. I did a Restart, and it was back to normal after that.
Are you using it with a case? Try without a case if you are using a case, just in case there is pressure on the physical buttons

I have mine in a case that is quite stiff. If it happens again, I will try using it without a case.

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #1,467 of 4,177
Hi everybody, so…
After some days using my A307 I found a big big big prob with it: if I play music by Bluetooth the play/pause button does not work…
First time I though it was cause I removed some process to light it up but after reset it factory two time the prob is here even when the player is out of box !
If I have a wired headset and Walkman screen is off I can play/pause music and change to next or previous track with no problem but when I link it to any Bluetooth speakers then next/previous track is ok but it’s impossible to start playing music by pressing play button but more problematic if I launch music playing then it’s impossible to stop it by pressing play/pause button… I need to switch screen on and going in the music app to touch the screen play/pause button…
What a shame for a device of this price…
I’m thinking to send it back for a refund as this prob make the device obsolete in his role of Walkman as the physical button does not work…
Please other A300 owners have you the same prob as mine ???
I really sad that this prob is here out of box…
Really Sony what do you think when making this behavior (or do you even test your products before release them) ?
Please if you don’t have this prob tell me cause it’s major issue for me…
I just tried with my a306 and connected to my little stand-alone Bose Bluetooth speaker and I was able to control the player via the buttons on the speaker. I was able to play, pause, skip forward and backward. Maybe it depends on the type of Bluetooth device?

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #1,468 of 4,177
Yep, I do think it sounds better with some hours. I just compared my Sony BT headphones DD that can be played via 3.5 jack with an adapter and I have just as much if not more bass than when used with BT on direct. The battery is awesome too, I mean you've got to expect it to be less with wifi streaming. I think they're will be an update pretty soon too. Hopefully it corrects those with the bass problem.

Oh, BTW Brice de oliveria my walkman physical pause play buttons work on both my wireless headphones. I'll check my speaker later and edit this.
I do agree with this too. I have about 20 hours of use and it does seem like the soundstage opened up a bit more and maybe a bit more depth to the sound after this little baby warms up after so many hours. Maybe it’s just me.

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #1,469 of 4,177
I do agree with this too. I have about 20 hours of use and it does seem like the soundstage opened up a bit more and maybe a bit more depth to the sound after this little baby warms up after so many hours. Maybe it’s just me.

Definitely sounds less peaky and smoother to me. Like it warmed up a bit. Could just be getting used to the sound though. Either way it's good. 😀

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #1,470 of 4,177
Definitely sounds less peaky and smoother to me. Like it warmed up a bit. Could just be getting used to the sound though. Either way it's good. 😀
Same, nicer after 20-30hrs.

My sensitive SE846 amp hiss was easily noticeable with my A307 out the box, but 40+ hrs in I struggle to hear any amp hiss at all with them, so something has changed/settled in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back