New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Apr 4, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #2,853 of 4,139
not true you just have to disable google on the player and it changes it to a date and time
how do you go about this?
I signed out of Google in passwords and accounts and then disabled and force stopped Google and most Google related apps including chrome under apps. Still there. Do I have to fresh install and never sign in?

If so not sure how I’ll get poweramp and a few other apps I’ll need.

Apr 4, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #2,854 of 4,139
The ZX2 sounds better than the A300 for sure and the Amp Hiss on the A300 is as bad. Maybe it improved a tiny bit but my CHIKYU-SEKAI hiss on all Sony, including the WM1ZM2.

The ZX2 already had 7 wound capacitors and large LCs

images (6).jpeg
So even to this day, sound wise, it's an upgrade to the A300
ZX2 does sound better than A300, it's more nuanced and refined/organic. A300 is more dry and direct, a little forward.

Apr 4, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #2,855 of 4,139
I signed out of Google in passwords and accounts and then disabled and force stopped Google and most Google related apps including chrome under apps. Still there. Do I have to fresh install and never sign in?

Just install another launcher such as "Shade Launcher" if you want the option to get rid of it altogether.

Apr 4, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #2,856 of 4,139

You were right I was wrong. I must’ve breezed past without paying close attention. ADB command is required.

So… I only have Mac computers. Can I even do adb? I tried following a thread on how to get the app working on a Macbook and gave up when trying 3 different peoples instructions all failed.
Dang.. sorry man. I really am not sure if it’s possible on a MAC since I am Windows based. Maybe someone else can chime in. Also the other suggestion of using Shade Launcher will work. I did that at first but then went back to stock launcher and instead used ADB because I also wanted the gesture navigation (which also gives you more screen space since it removes the whole bar along the bottom), so I knocked out both at the same time with adb. It was so simple and took 2 minutes once you have the commands. Disabling google I have not tried or knew about. That’s another option if it works. I wanted to remove the widget all together and leave it empty or put a different widget there. I see some google searches on how to use adb with a Mac but seems a bit more complicated. There’s also webadb or a similar one, that runs commands through the browser but also not sure if that’s possible with a MAC.

Apr 4, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #2,857 of 4,139
You were right I was wrong. I must’ve breezed past without paying close attention. ADB command is required.

So… I only have Mac computers. Can I even do adb? I tried following a thread on how to get the app working on a Macbook and gave up when trying 3 different peoples instructions all failed.
Follow the steps under "How to set up ADB on macOS" from this page https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/#how-to-set-up-adb . Mac's have been able to use ADB since Android was a thing. Not sure what exactly you're getting stuck on.

Apr 4, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #2,858 of 4,139
In my first post on the thread I mentioned that I contacted Sony about the volume cap and they refused a refund because I missed the 30 day return by a few days because of unforseen circumstances. After that I posted on BBB about how a return should be accepted as nowhere does sony advertise the volume cap.

I finally got a response:

Thank you for contacting Sony Electronics Inc. regarding the complaint your office received from Herkiran Toor about the Sony Network Walkman NWA306/B. Customer's unit is working within specifications, but we will take his concern as a feedback nevertheless. Sony does not offer exchange, more so with refund (not part of warranty) due to product dissatisfaction. Exchange is only applicable for hardware failures. Sony is unable to grant customer's request. Sony's statement is final and will not change.

Bold mine

An unadvertised volume cap for certain regions is NOT product dissatisfaction.

BBB won't do anymore.

Anyone want to buy a 306 lol (joke, I don't want to get banned for trying to sell).

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #2,859 of 4,139
Follow the steps under "How to set up ADB on macOS" from this page https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/#how-to-set-up-adb . Mac's have been able to use ADB since Android was a thing. Not sure what exactly you're getting stuck on.
I have already tried this exact tutorial and it doesn't work. Maybe its due to me using High Sierra os, I don't know. Terminal doesn't seem to integrate with the sdk tools package and doesn't recognize the device when connected. When using the ./adb devices command I get "no such file or directly".

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #2,860 of 4,139
I have already tried this exact tutorial and it doesn't work. Maybe its due to me using High Sierra os, I don't know. Terminal doesn't seem to integrate with the sdk tools package and doesn't recognize the device when connected. When using the ./adb devices command I get "no such file or directly".

So where did you put the files? Unless you have added to your $PATH you will have to change to the directory where they are.

Apr 4, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #2,861 of 4,139
I have already tried this exact tutorial and it doesn't work. Maybe it’s due to me using High Sierra os, I don't know. Terminal doesn't seem to integrate with the sdk tools package and doesn't recognize the device when connected. When using the ./adb devices command I get "no such file or directly".
And you have enabled developer options and turned on usb debugging? I missed that step at first. I assume it’s needed, the same with Windows.

Apr 4, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #2,862 of 4,139
In my first post on the thread I mentioned that I contacted Sony about the volume cap and they refused a refund because I missed the 30 day return by a few days because of unforseen circumstances. After that I posted on BBB about how a return should be accepted as nowhere does sony advertise the volume cap.

I finally got a response:

Thank you for contacting Sony Electronics Inc. regarding the complaint your office received from Herkiran Toor about the Sony Network Walkman NWA306/B. Customer's unit is working within specifications, but we will take his concern as a feedback nevertheless. Sony does not offer exchange, more so with refund (not part of warranty) due to product dissatisfaction. Exchange is only applicable for hardware failures. Sony is unable to grant customer's request. Sony's statement is final and will not change.

Bold mine

An unadvertised volume cap for certain regions is NOT product dissatisfaction.

BBB won't do anymore.

Anyone want to buy a 306 lol (joke, I don't want to get banned for trying to sell).
"volume cap for certain regions is NOT product dissatisfaction" I'm Dissatisfied with SONY Products That Have Volume Cap IN MY Region , I Will Never Buy A Volume Cap Walkman From Sony
Sony Can You Hear Me , Sony Can You Read Me

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #2,863 of 4,139
So where did you put the files? Unless you have added to your $PATH you will have to change to the directory where they are.
So the sdk tools link on that page doesn’t download as a zip. It’s already unzipped in the downloads folder with no further unzipping options with any of my zip programs. I’ve tried moving the entire sdk folder from downloads to my desktop and using the path command to find them either in downloads or desktop.

Either way I get a “no such file or directory” I can open the execution files (like the adb one in that downloaded folder) and they seem to install once I grant the security access and I get a terminal like looking window that they are installed and unpacked. But they seemingly aren’t actually integrated into terminal because nothing happens when I connect my device via usb according to the instructions.

Apr 4, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #2,864 of 4,139
And you have enabled developer options and turned on usb debugging? I missed that step at first. I assume it’s needed, the same with Windows.
Yep. Both before even connecting it via usb to the laptop and also waiting to see if it’ll prompt like the directions say.

Apr 4, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #2,865 of 4,139
So the sdk tools link on that page doesn’t download as a zip. It’s already unzipped in the downloads folder with no further unzipping options with any of my zip programs. I’ve tried moving the entire sdk folder from downloads to my desktop and using the path command to find them either in downloads or desktop.

Either way I get a “no such file or directory” I can open the execution files (like the adb one in that downloaded folder) and they seem to install once I grant the security access and I get a terminal like looking window that they are installed and unpacked. But they seemingly aren’t actually integrated into terminal because nothing happens when I connect my device via usb according to the instructions.
ADB is a program built to be used in the command line with text operations. Double clicking it won't solve this because it's not a script or a Mac app.

When you open Terminal it is seeing your Mac file system in text. You have to navigate to the folder that contains ADB from within Terminal. Do that with the command "cd" followed by the path to that folder. For example, "cd ~/Desktop/platform-tools". If you're in the directory, you should be able to type "ls" and see "adb" in the list. This command prints the contents of the directory you're in. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back