New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 26, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #2,551 of 4,139
Tried out fiio FD3 pro today and although nice, it's too heavy and other than being easier to drive not that much of improvement sound wise from final audio E2000. But they're too heavy and hurt my ears anyways.

Looking for something similar to E2000 shape but with upgraded sound. I didn't want to spend another 1000 dollars if I can help it. I know I can get xelento and Sennheiser ie800 again both those would work, but my bud is broke on my ie800 and it's out of warranty. If I can't wear the lighter fiio there's no way I can wear the heavier flagship 7 model that psikey has. Fiio has hell of nice build and accessories for the price though. I just don't see anything from them that would be comfortable for my sensitive ears. I hate to spend so much on iems when I'm using my Sony primarily. Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered some weird Square planar that looked plastic - should be light and the tanchjim zero, which look light but are very cheap so.... The search continues.

BTW the fiio FD3 was very easy to drive, easier than anything I have right now. So that's good, and they have different tuning options. Would make a nice iem to use with the a306/307.

Mar 26, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #2,552 of 4,139
Tried out fiio FD3 pro today and although nice, it's too heavy and other than being easier to drive not that much of improvement sound wise from final audio E2000. But they're too heavy and hurt my ears anyways.

Looking for something similar to E2000 shape but with upgraded sound. I didn't want to spend another 1000 dollars if I can help it. I know I can get xelento and Sennheiser ie800 again both those would work, but my bud is broke on my ie800 and it's out of warranty. If I can't wear the lighter fiio there's no way I can wear the heavier flagship 7 model that psikey has. Fiio has hell of nice build and accessories for the price though. I just don't see anything from them that would be comfortable for my sensitive ears. I hate to spend so much on iems when I'm using my Sony primarily. Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered some weird Square planar that looked plastic - should be light and the tanchjim zero, which look light but are very cheap so.... The search continues.

BTW the fiio FD3 was very easy to drive, easier than anything I have right now. So that's good, and they have different tuning options. Would make a nice iem to use with the a306/307.
E4000

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #2,554 of 4,139
Yes was thinking of those but several people said they sound warm and liked the 2000, 3000 better. But I might order them and see.
The E5000 sounds warm, the E4000 are very balanced.

The E3000 is warmer than the E4000 for sure.

I always use the smallest silicone size, wear them over the ear and insert them very deep. Sound changes on how you wear them.

But overall the E4000 is very neutral and balanced. But here on head-fi, cold sounding Earphone are often considered neutral.

I think a lot of people here hate midbass because cheaper In-Ear have a lot of it and they want to divert from that as much as possible

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #2,555 of 4,139
The E5000 sounds warm, the E4000 are very balanced.

The E3000 is warmer than the E4000 for sure.

I always use the smallest silicone size, wear them over the ear and insert them very deep. Sound changes on how you wear them.

But overall the E4000 is very neutral and balanced. But here on head-fi, cold sounding Earphone are often considered neutral.

I think a lot of people here hate midbass because cheaper In-Ear have a lot of it and they want to divert from that as much as possible

Cool, I like the tonality of the E2000 it's not too bassy, just would like a bit more refinement, treble energy and maybe sound space. The fiios did sound a tiny bit more vibrant and spacious- imaging. I would have kept them if they weren't so heavy/big.

Will check them out, yes I wear the 2000 deep.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #2,556 of 4,139
Cool, I like the tonality of the E2000 it's not too bassy, just would like a bit more refinement, treble energy and maybe sound space. The fiios did sound a tiny bit more vibrant and spacious- imaging. I would have kept them if they weren't so heavy/big.

The E4000 sounds much bigger and dynamic than the E2000 and especially the treble is much more detailed and more balanced at the same time.

I am pretty sure they will not disappoint you. They are an all in all improvement over the E2000 in all aspects.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #2,557 of 4,139

Oh but there is also the new A5000, but it's a different sound but it also sounds awesome.

I would go for the E4000 first and then maybe, later, get the A5000 as an addition. They are different but both very very good and worthy of owning them both.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #2,558 of 4,139
Oh but there is also the new A5000, but it's a different sound but it also sounds awesome.

I would go for the E4000 first and then maybe, later, get the A5000 as an addition. They are different but both very very good and worthy of owning them both.

I love the lightness of the 2000. Will try the 4000.

Mar 27, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #2,560 of 4,139
Super happy today. I bought an official Sony CKS-NWA300 Soft Leather Case for my Walkman from a private seller in Tokyo on Thursday & despite a delivery date of April 10th, just 3 1/2 days later (including a weekend!) on free postage, it is now safely protecting my A306 in Texas. 🤠👍

A lovely case, if you can find one, totally recommend it! 😎👍🎶
IMG_20230327_163421.jpg

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #2,561 of 4,139
Super happy today. I bought an official Sony CKS-NWA300 Soft Leather Case for my Walkman from a private seller in Tokyo on Thursday & despite a delivery date of April 10th, just 3 1/2 days later (including a weekend!) on free postage, it is now safely protecting my A306 in Texas. 🤠👍

A lovely case, if you can find one, totally recommend it! 😎👍🎶
[ATTAtype="full"]4405890[/ATTACH]

Is it bulletproof pardner? YeeeHaaaaw!😀

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #2,563 of 4,139
On a sad note, not a peep from Sony HK tech support regarding my inquiry.

😞

I got a call from Tech Support a couple of days ago (Friday) saying that the issue was still with Engineering. This is for my Tech Support case which is independent from my discussions with Sony directly. Tech Support seems to be a bit behind on current status and don't have a script for this. As I have said before, they are actually third party and only know what Sony tells them.

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #2,564 of 4,139
I wanted to wait a full week to write this.
In the end I decided to buy the iBasso DX320, my brother also decided to buy the iBasso DX170 model. The sound of both models is amazing, clear mids and well defined soundstage, mine (DX320) accentuates more the soundstage and the details are more than evident in certain albums. The sound quality in Bluetooth mode is stable and pleasant as well. So far I have no complaints, the latest firmware I installed in less than 3 minutes, and with a Samsung EVO Plus (A2) 1TB SDXC it runs without any problems. I think that later when Sony brings out another DAP more advanced model and where they not have sound issues-problems maybe I will buy a DAP from them, what I unfortunately have to comment is that Sony's support service is terribly bad!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back