SONY NW-ZX500
Dec 17, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,276 of 8,639
If you seek a fun sound signature, I think the JVC wood series of iems offer that.

my ier-m9 is on stock cable which is sliver mixed copper. I believe you would get better bass slam with Kimber kable as its pure copper.
While other factors (coating, braid) also matters, conductor alone your statement "better bass slam" with copper is not accurate, IMHO. Silver plated copper cables tends to have a more V-shaped FR response, while pure copper have a more linear FR, or slightly mids (vocal) strengthened sound signature.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #1,277 of 8,639
yup you are correct. The kimber kable would have better bass slam due to better current delivery/capacitances/etc from its bigger wires/better materials. I meant without silver on the kimber, it also means less treble brightness and overall a more mid centric sound on the IER-M9(which with its Super tweeter can sound bright on louder volumes and can use a little taming)

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #1,278 of 8,639
Mine just arrived. How do you guys burn it in? Charging it while keep it play music for hours?

Dec 17, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #1,279 of 8,639
Be sure to use at least medium volume levels. I prefer to use random playback as it cycles through all different types of music and should allow the capacitors to work on a broader range music as compared to just playing one album on repeat.

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #1,281 of 8,639
If you seek a fun sound signature, I think the JVC wood series of iems offer that.

On ZX507. DC Phase Linearizer Set to Type A High does make the IER-M9 sound closest to a punchy Dynamic Driver. In my opinion, It would require 250hours burn in on the balanced to get the kind of extremely deep sounding subbass and punchy bass on type A setting.

my ier-m9 is on stock cable which is sliver mixed copper. I believe you would get better bass slam with Kimber kable as its pure copper.

Was shockingly disappointed w the FW10000

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #1,283 of 8,639
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #1,284 of 8,639
Tried the zx507 single ended as line in source for my Prius car sound system.

Although it's not a true line out. I must say that on high gain at 120, zx507 sounds really musical. DSEE HX effect also works inside the car, making things don't sound so enclosed instead now it feels like a mini concert hall with width, depth and height.

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #1,285 of 8,639
I’m burning in mine while actually listening to it so that I can experience how the sound changes over the course of the next few months
The first noticeable improvement I’ve observed is the sound staging. When I first turned the Walkman on and had a listen, music felt relatively one dimensional. But now after about 8 hours I’m starting to hear better layering and depth. Had this same experience with the WM1Z.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #1,288 of 8,639
The ZX507 has arrived. I really like it’s size - Light and compact. It’s nice to have a smaller device after a few years :)
Is that a screen protector on it? It's got a really obvious 'orange-peel' finish in that photo...

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,289 of 8,639
I'm currently stuck, looking for a new DAP...
Either i cave and get the ZX507 when it becomes available on amazon canada, or wait for the Lotoo Paw 6000. :frowning2:
also, would anyone know how the Sony stacks up against my current DAP? (Astell & Kern SR15). thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back