SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #1,787 of 2,453
That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Before going to the Sony, I will have a look to the X3 III thread as it has just been released in France.
Thanks again for your help !

Your welcome, glad I could help!

If you do get the X3-III I would love to get your impressions as I am considering it along with the Sony A45.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,792 of 2,453
The A35 doesn't even support inline controls on Sony IEMs so I highly doubt it!
Surprised me, not a huge issue but I miss it a bit.
Ohh. That's a bit of a letdown. The in-line controls are very useful for me especially when commuting. I think that's the only thing holding me back from getting the A35. Thanks for the input!

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #1,793 of 2,453
I think that's the only thing holding me back from getting the A35.
Yeah, it's a little disappointing, but in every other way this player is just great!
Using Bluetooth for a couple hours, and trying all the effects, got 22 hours battery. Running with everything off, at loud volume, got 38 hours. I just can't be dealing with the 10ish hours on the other brands, just too low.
Sounds brilliant, and bug free - had my fill of needing to update firmware every month, now I just want something that works :) and I love this player.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #1,794 of 2,453
4b87c25357d1657ccdfbb10eb1b241de.png

couldn't resist :o2smile:

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #1,795 of 2,453
i was just looking for getting a DAP, and i was thinking about getting the X3 mark III, but the playback time is a real drawback for me. i'm thinking about getting the a35 instead :)

I am on the fence as well on the X3-III because of the battery life. But I am holding out for the A45 which will be announced at the IFA show in September (1st to 6th). So I imagine we should see it in stores in a couple of months. Perhaps Sony has addressed the in-line control functionality with the A45. Since the A45 is the same design as the A35 hopefully some of the shortcomings of the A35 will be addressed

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #1,796 of 2,453
I am on the fence as well on the X3-III because of the battery life. But I am holding out for the A45 which will be announced at the IFA show in September (1st to 6th). So I imagine we should see it in stores in a couple of months. Perhaps Sony has addressed the in-line control functionality with the A45. Since the A45 is the same design as the A35 hopefully some of the shortcomings of the A35 will be addressed
intresting. my order on amazon should be dispatched only in a few weeks as it's out of stock, but i saw they reduced the price by 30% so i placed the order.
any idea what's the price tag gonna be for the a45?

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #1,797 of 2,453
intresting. my order on amazon should be dispatched only in a few weeks as it's out of stock, but i saw they reduced the price by 30% so i placed the order.
any idea what's the price tag gonna be for the a45?

The A series has been steady over the years pricewise so I would guess around the same initial price as the A35 when it was released. It wouldn't hurt to wait until next Month to see the details on the A45 to see if it is a worthy upgrade to the A35. We know the A45 now supports AptX bluetooth which the A35 does not and can be used as a computer DAC if those features interest you. I am waiting for the A45 for the AptX support and hopefully an improvement in performance.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,798 of 2,453
The A series has been steady over the years pricewise so I would guess around the same initial price as the A35 when it was released. It wouldn't hurt to wait until next Month to see the details on the A45 to see if it is a worthy upgrade to the A35. We know the A45 now supports AptX bluetooth which the A35 does not and can be used as a computer DAC if those features interest you. I am waiting for the A45 for the AptX support and hopefully an improvement in performance.
i bought the a35 for 148$, i doubt the new a45 will come close to that price for a long while...

Aug 20, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,799 of 2,453
i bought the a35 for 148$, i doubt the new a45 will come close to that price for a long while...

True probably not until this time next year if at all. I guess it just depends if any improvements over the A35 make it worth paying extra $ or waiting awhile. For me the A35 is not a worthy upgrade over my current A17 so I did not pull the trigger. To go to the A35 I lose onboard memory (64 GB vs 16 GB), AptX bluetooth support, podcast support, and some battery life. Not to mention the slow boot time, and delay in switching tracks with the A35 neither are issues with the A17.

I can do without the touchscreen, extra power (use an amp) and DSD support as I don't have any DSD tracks.

If Sony can speed up the boot time and get rid of the track switching delay, plus adding AptX support to the A45 then it is a much more worthwhile upgrade and worth paying a little more for me. By this time next year the A17 will be 4 years old and I will be ready to retire it but I can live with it until then to get a worthy upgrade for it.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #1,800 of 2,453
True probably not until this time next year if at all. I guess it just depends if any improvements over the A35 make it worth paying extra $ or waiting awhile. For me the A35 is not a worthy upgrade over my current A17 so I did not pull the trigger. To go to the A35 I lose onboard memory (64 GB vs 16 GB), AptX bluetooth support, podcast support, and some battery life. Not to mention the slow boot time, and delay in switching tracks with the A35 neither are issues with the A17.

I can do without the touchscreen, extra power (use an amp) and DSD support as I don't have any DSD tracks.

If Sony can speed up the boot time and get rid of the track switching delay, plus adding AptX support to the A45 then it is a much more worthwhile upgrade and worth paying a little more for me. By this time next year the A17 will be 4 years old and I will be ready to retire it but I can live with it until then to get a worthy upgrade for it.
how bad is the boot time and track switch delay? i currently use my galaxy s7 as my dap, so the a35 should be an upgrade nontheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back