New slimline DAC/Amp - Leckertron UHA-4
Oct 23, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #31 of 48
Would be nice if some UHA-4 owner could say somethig about how well it handles Alessandros and Grados... would be very nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

regards.
bearmann

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #33 of 48
Also interested in impressions. I'm looking for a portable DAC/AMP and don't want to buy a Fiio E7 because of my negative quality experiences with the E5. 

Nov 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #34 of 48
It's done what I've expected of it but besides the ability to use high gain or crossfeed, I can't really tell a difference between my Asus laptop. However, when I compare it to my thinkpad, the UHA-4 provides better clarity and tighter notes. I think it's a pretty good step up from a normal laptop but having a nicer system makes it hard for me to judge whether or not lesser systems are worth it. It's definitely a great little device though. Looks good and does the job for what I wanted.

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #36 of 48
UHA-4 is one of the best, probably the best portable amp/dac there anywhere near its price range and even double that.  A fantastic value for a portable amp/dac.  Excellent sound quality, build quality, features and form factor for portable use.  There is nothing else like it until you get to the three times as expensive TTVJ Slim with DAC.  The UHA-4 sounds quite on par with the TTVJ and it is even smaller (shorter) plus may have better battery life and offers crossfeed.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #43 of 48
Only the T3, etc. are as portable and the UHA-4 is much better. The bigger iBasso are not really that portable due to their boxy large cases. So, UHA-4 has a significant advantaged for portable use and has cross feed and digital volume control - so even more advantages over iBasso AND is built in the US!!!

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #44 of 48
Has anyone tried this with the iPad/camera connection kit? As the UHA-4 (catchy name!) has it's own rechargable battery I am thinking this could be the go-to portable listening solution for the iPad.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #45 of 48
The UHA-4 is indeed the "perfect" portable amp.  Supposedly the UHA-4 does NOT work with an iPad as a DAC through USB out(camera connection) but I have not tried it.  It should work fine as an amp through LOD or the headphone out of the iPad though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back