New slimline DAC/Amp - Leckertron UHA-4
Oct 11, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #16 of 48
Hmmmm....  Texas Instruments PCM2706 for DAC and USB input, as opposed to the Cirrus Logic CS4398 chip as used in the UHA-6 and UHA-6S.  Anyone have any knowledge of this TI chip?

The Cirrus Logic CS4398 is the same as the DAC chip in my Headroom Ultra Desktop Amp's Max DAC module, which is a very impressive DAC.

EDIT - Sheesh!  I seem to have demonstrated my grasp on the obvious by restating info from the OP...

Oct 16, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #17 of 48
DO NOT BUY. DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IN WIN7. Crossfeed causes the usb to be rendered useless. Also, shipping with usps is the worst so I received mine 3 days late. (Read later posts. This issue has been fixed)

So basically I plug it into every usb I have on my laptop and one in 10 chances I would get windows to recognize it for a second. I then would do a test sound and get some sound through my headphones. However, that sound is very short lived. Any music playing through will suddenly stop within 1 minute of playing. Either the USB is jacked or the way they implement the DAC is bad. 9 times out of 10 windows would say that the USB is not recognized. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a usb dac/amp. I hope Leckerton will notice during their "vacation holiday" and actually fix this. If not, I urge you never to buy from this company.

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #21 of 48
i know....it's strange

well Nick from Leckerton Audio emailed me back and told me that since he'll be in my town at the end of the week, he'll try to replace the circuit boards to see if it'll fix everything. If it works then it'll be great. If not, then I'm gonna have to return them. The unit looks great but hopefully the sound will match up with the looks. I'll keep you guys updated.

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #22 of 48
maybe you should use linux
wink.gif

no serious, a little bugger, but did you try it also on another notebook/pc??

could you maybe post a pic with the amp in your hand so one can have a better way to see how big this thingy is?

thanks. and keep us updated please.

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #24 of 48
I just got the UHA-6S (2 weeks ago ) and it works on everything I have plugged it into. W7, XP, Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10. I let it run for 3 days on my W7 box with no problems at all.
I know it is not the same unit just trying to give some additional feedback on Leckerton Audio products. 

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #29 of 48
I met up with Nick today to exchange the boards and it fixed everything. It was probably a loose connection or something that made it glitch. Nick is a great guy and it seems like he basically runs the whole thing himself. I'll leave some initial impressions later.

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #30 of 48

Quote:
I met up with Nick today to exchange the boards and it fixed everything. It was probably a loose connection or something that made it glitch. Nick is a great guy and it seems like he basically runs the whole thing himself. I'll leave some initial impressions later.

Not to go to OT, I have you heard the new rumors concerning your avatar?  If you haven't you can shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back