New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Aug 28, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #527 of 1,045
Hi folks, how's it going?
Has the chatter slowed about the new forum?

I do have a question, please.
Is it possible to display all the pictures posted on a certain thread?
I've looked around, but can't find a button for that.

Thanks in advance...
RCB

Aug 28, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #529 of 1,045
Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
Will have to page back through.
Not just looking for pics, but a specific diagram to modify a loose cable for the SE846.
It may be months in the past...

Appreciate the quick answer!
Cheers,
RCB

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #530 of 1,045
Update - August 29, 2017

Some of you may have already started noticing, but today we've launched a feature that was requested by many Head-Fi'ers: persistent email notifications. Previously, when you subscribed to a thread and received email notifications, you'd only receive a notification for the first new post. After that, no new emails would be sent until you visited the thread. Now there's an option to receive persistent emails - a notification each time the thread is updated.

Anyone who was receiving email notifications for threads will start receiving an email with each new post. If you preferred it the way it was previously, only one email notification per thread per visit, click here and uncheck the box that says "Persistent thread subscription email notifications." Once you click "Save changes" at the bottom of the page you'll be back to the single notifications.

We're continuing to improve the site, but a lot of the changes we're working on now require coding from scratch rather than modifying existing code. That could make it appear on the outside that development has slowed down. While it may seem that way, we're continuing to work hard behind the scenes to get out new platform feeling as comfortable as Huddler's was. We'll keep everyone updated about the changes as they come. There are some other much-requested improvements in the pipe that many of you have requested, and we cannot wait to share them with you as soon as they're ready.

We'll see you on the forums,
Team Head-Fi

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #533 of 1,045
Aug 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #534 of 1,045
Sure. DX200 thread for example, I'm active there, but no mails at all

https://head-fi.org/threads/dx200-d...1-now-available.791531/page-536#post-13692492

I think I'll disable mail notifications soon, but I maybe it will help some people , especially those who really want those mails to be spot-on.

Have you tried "renewing" the subscription via your All Subscribed Threads page? Check the box for the DX200 thread and choose "Enable email notification" from the dropdown in the bottom left corner. Let me know if that restores the email notifications for you.
Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.02.16 PM.png

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #535 of 1,045
Update - August 29, 2017

Anyone who was receiving email notifications for threads will start receiving an email with each new post. If you preferred it the way it was previously, only one email notification per thread per visit, click here and uncheck the box that says "Persistent thread subscription email notifications." Once you click "Save changes" at the bottom of the page you'll be back to the single notifications.

I wish the "Persistent thread subscription email notifications" setting can also be found under Alert Preferences https://www.head-fi.org/account/alert-preferences
And it should've defaulted to unchecked when this feature rolled out.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #536 of 1,045
Have you tried "renewing" the subscription via your All Subscribed Threads page? Check the box for the DX200 thread and choose "Enable email notification" from the dropdown in the bottom left corner. Let me know if that restores the email notifications for you.

Thank you for your help!

It is time now to somehow turn off all mail notifications except for messages because there's a lot of those mails now!

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #537 of 1,045
Hi,

I have mentioned this before on the forum, regarding the current 25 picture limit in posts. Will this number be upped to a much higher number (or hopefully set to infinite like in reviews, currently)? I am unable to currently update nor create any posts with more than 25 pictures (like reviews/review threads/event impressions). Meaning a person like |joker| and myself are not able to update their posts that have more than 25 pictures.

Is there a date when the number will be much higher (hopefully set to infinite), or is the 25 picture limit change since the Head-Fi transition completely permanent, forever?

Thank you in advance for addressing/answering with regards to my inquiry.

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #538 of 1,045
Hi,

I have mentioned this before on the forum, regarding the current 25 picture limit in posts. Will this number be upped to a much higher number (or hopefully set to infinite like in reviews, currently)? I am unable to currently update nor create any posts with more than 25 pictures (like reviews/review threads/event impressions). Meaning a person like |joker| and myself are not able to update their posts that have more than 25 pictures.

Is there a date when the number will be much higher (hopefully set to infinite), or is the 25 picture limit change since the Head-Fi transition completely permanent, forever?

Thank you in advance for addressing/answering with regards to my inquiry.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-109#post-13695538

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #539 of 1,045
Hey guys! We're still working on many different aspects of the site, but I wanted to give you all a head's up that you can now rate in half-star increments when you create your review of a product in the Head Gear section.

When you get into writing your review, you can select a half-star increment by using the drop-down at the top of the "rate & review" page:

dropdown.png

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #540 of 1,045
Hey guys! We're still working on many different aspects of the site, but I wanted to give you all a head's up that you can now rate in half-star increments when you create your review of a product in the Head Gear section.

When you get into writing your review, you can select a half-star increment by using the drop-down at the top of the "rate & review" page:

Super cool! Often something was above 4 stars, but still not quite at 5 stars yet, this will come in very handy!

I wanted to ask, how can I stop from receiving any email for any thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back