New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Jul 13, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #496 of 1,045
I wonder if this is a bug of the forum itself or my account has any restriction? Recently I got at least 3 people couldn't send me private messages. All of them are not newly-joined members. I tried to PM them and the messages were all sent without any problems :-/ Still not sure why.
Please let me know if there is any problem with my account, would be great if one of the admins could do me a favor sending me a test PM to see of I receive it.

Thank you!

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #497 of 1,045
I wonder if this is a bug of the forum itself or my account has any restriction? Recently I got at least 3 people couldn't send me private messages. All of them are not newly-joined members. I tried to PM them and the messages were all sent without any problems :-/ Still not sure why.
Please let me know if there is any problem with my account, would be great if one of the admins could do me a favor sending me a test PM to see of I receive it.

Thank you!
Looking into it.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #503 of 1,045
I've updated and saved changes to my signature but they are not showing up in posts.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #505 of 1,045
Now I've stopped receiving any thread update notices on my e-mail.
Did something change?

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #506 of 1,045
Search in a thread works... very strange way, if it does it all.

I know I have lot of posts in this thread, but a search for posts with "Posted by Member" returns nothing. Search by keywords I know they are there for sure (e.g. "firmware") returns nothing.

Does it work at all?

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #507 of 1,045
Search in a thread works... very strange way, if it does it all.

I know I have lot of posts in this thread, but a search for posts with "Posted by Member" returns nothing. Search by keywords I know they are there for sure (e.g. "firmware") returns nothing.

Does it work at all?
We're in the process of testing some improvements to search, so it should be back to working normally soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #508 of 1,045
July 20th, 2017 Update:

To everyone who was asking for the ability to search PM's to return, this one's for you. Earlier today we pushed an update to our search tools, the search box found at the top of every page and the advanced search tool, that allows searching of PM's/Conversations. To search through a PM using the search box, start in your inbox (link here) and then click in the search box located in the upper right-hand corner of the page. By default, "Search conversations only" is checked and it will search all of your PMs for the chosen keywords. To search via our advanced search tool (link here) simply click on the Search Conversations tab and fill in the necessary fields.
Searchable PMs.png

(Search box)

Advanced Search PMs.png

(Advanced search view)

Our testing went well, but as always if a bug or two has slipped through please let us know.

Brian

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #509 of 1,045
Welcome to the new Head-Fi!

We've been working on the new version of the site for several months and today we're excited to be able to share it with everyone. Please click around and explore the new site to get a feel for the changes.

Now that it's here, we want to know what our members are experiencing. What do you like about the new design? What would you like to see changed? What isn't working? What functionality would you like to see added? We won't be able to incorporate every suggestion due to various reasons, but we're continuing to work on the site and improve the user experience and we'd love to get suggestions for ways to do just that.

We'll be visiting this thread frequently, so let us know what works for you and what doesn't.

Update 05/05: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/why-we-switched-forum-platforms.846861/

Update 05/08: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...-feedback-thread.845502/page-24#post-13478133

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #510 of 1,045
I really HATE this new format! It's so difficult to navigate and time consuming. I can't even pull up my history nor messages. I tries sending and replying to messages and I end up writing the message okay, but there is literally no 'send' icon. What is up with Head-Fi ? God help me if I try to list and sell my gear - not looking forward to the challenge. Please at least put it back to the previous format!!!

SR-007Mk1, 404LE, SRΛ, SR-5NB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back