New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Jun 19, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #481 of 1,045
I'll pass that along to the guys working on the image code. It may be a relatively simple task for them to apply the updates to the embedded images to linked images as well (just guessing, I can't do much more than basic C++ and HTML myself.)

Don't worry about it! Just a little thing that would be cool to implement in the future, if possible!

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #482 of 1,045
Can full-size images just not be enabled for photo uploads? This is just stupid.
Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 21.00.08.png

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #484 of 1,045
Is there a tutorial for this new system ? I cannot figure out how to use multiple quotes, have tried several times and end up deleting message. Which brings me to,how to delete the messages, is there a way of deleting with one click, without doing it manually ?
I can not find a delete for private messages I no longer need also ? Thank You

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #485 of 1,045
Is there a tutorial for this new system ? I cannot figure out how to use multiple quotes, have tried several times and end up deleting message. Which brings me to,how to delete the messages, is there a way of deleting with one click, without doing it manually ?
I can not find a delete for private messages I no longer need also ? Thank You
There is currently no delete option for private messages.

To multi-quote, click on +quote at the bottom of each message you want to quote. When it's selected, it'll change to -quote, which can be clicked again to remove that post from your multi-quote list. Once you've selected all of the posts you want to quote, click the "Insert Quotes" button located in the bottom left of the composition window. You'll be shown a popup allowing you to rearrange the quotes if you want. You can also highlight a portion of a post and a small popup with "+Quote | Reply" will show up next to the highlighted text. You can use this to quote only a small portion of a post rather than the whole thing.

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #491 of 1,045
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but it seems like a slight navigation issue. Normally, if you click on 'Forums' in the top menu, it takes you to the Forums root. However, if I try to click on it from my profile page, or from private messages, nothing happens - I have to click on the Home button, then Forums from the home page.

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #492 of 1,045
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but it seems like a slight navigation issue. Normally, if you click on 'Forums' in the top menu, it takes you to the Forums root. However, if I try to click on it from my profile page, or from private messages, nothing happens - I have to click on the Home button, then Forums from the home page.
Try hovering over the Forums tab while on those screens for a second and see if you get the dropdown menu. If I click on Forums immediately after moving the mouse to it, it loads the dropdown for me and doesn't take me to the root unless I click again. When I give it a second for the dropdown to show, one click is all I need to go to the root directory. Does the same happen for you?
Forums.png

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #493 of 1,045
Try hovering over the Forums tab while on those screens for a second and see if you get the dropdown menu. If I click on Forums immediately after moving the mouse to it, it loads the dropdown for me and doesn't take me to the root unless I click again. When I give it a second for the dropdown to show, one click is all I need to go to the root directory. Does the same happen for you?

It's strange - if I go into a particular private message thread, then I observe exactly the behaviour you describe, with the drop-down showing when hovering and the second click taking you to the Forums root. However, if I'm on the private messages root page, I don't get the drop-down and clicking on it does nothing. On the profile front page, I also get the functionality you describe, but clicking on a menu item (e.g. Preferences), seems to lose it again. If you're not seeing this though, I guess it's just some browser quirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back