New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 29, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #436 of 1,045
Is Head-Fi blocking my ISP, or what could be the problem?
We are not blocking any ISPs. Sounds like you'll want to contact your provider to see what's going on.

Logging in with Firefox on Windows 10 is problematic nothing shows up when you type into the boxes.
If you're referring to the font color in the login text fields, we're working on changing that to something that can be read easily.

May 29, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #438 of 1,045
With IE 11, fully patched and updated, I am still being told that I am using an out of date browser. I am also missing tabs such as the sponsors tab. All of the selections from New forums across to "new posts"
IE.jpg
I is a bit of a pain, as I am limited to using IE at work do to the security policies. While IE is not the most popular browser, It is still used by a large number of people.
I have seen a lot of improvements over the last few weeks and I am grateful for all of the work being done. The majority of the problems that I had with the site (Using Chrome) have been resolved. It would be nice to be able to use Internet Explorer as well though.

May 29, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #439 of 1,045
With IE 11, fully patched and updated, I am still being told that I am using an out of date browser. I am also missing tabs such as the sponsors tab. All of the selections from New forums across to "new posts" I is a bit of a pain, as I am limited to using IE at work do to the security policies. While IE is not the most popular browser, It is still used by a large number of people.
I have seen a lot of improvements over the last few weeks and I am grateful for all of the work being done. The majority of the problems that I had with the site (Using Chrome) have been resolved. It would be nice to be able to use Internet Explorer as well though.
Be happy you can browse at all at work. Head-fi is completely blocked for me. :frowning2: Also, isn't IE11 technically out of date...isn't it called Edge now?

May 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #440 of 1,045
Also, isn't IE11 technically out of date...isn't it called Edge now
IE 11 initially released back in 2013, but they're still releasing updates. The most recent stable release came out a little over a week ago.

It would be nice to be able to use Internet Explorer as well though.
We do support IE 11, and on my gaming PC IE 11 is displaying the site without any issues. I'm currently running IE 11.0.42. What is the exact version you're using on your work machine? It's likely they're not allowing you to use the most recent updates, as is common with many workplaces. They could also be running security plugins that are blocking the site from functioning properly. I had issues with McAfee doing that at a previous employer.

IE11.PNG
(IE 11.0.42 on Win10 Pro)

May 29, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #441 of 1,045
Edge is not available for Windows 7 (which is still fully supported and will be for the next almost 3 years). Edge is for Windows 10 only and honestly is still in development. IE is also installed in Windows 10 and is still updated and patched by Microsoft regularly.
Being happy that I can browse at work if fine (and I am), wanting to be able to use my available browser to read Head-fi properly is quite a separate thing.
I have to believe that there are others in a similar situation.
IE works fine for the great majority of web sites, so it is not impossible to write HTML that is compatible across all browsers.

May 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #442 of 1,045
IE 11 initially released back in 2013, but they're still releasing updates. The most recent stable release came out a little over a week ago.

We do support IE 11, and on my gaming PC IE 11 is displaying the site without any issues. I'm currently running IE 11.0.42. What is the exact version you're using on your work machine? It's likely they're not allowing you to use the most recent updates, as is common with many workplaces. They could also be running security plugins that are blocking the site from functioning properly. I had issues with McAfee doing that at a previous employer.

(IE 11.0.42 on Win10 Pro)
I am at home today and running 11.0,42 I just verified that.
I wonder what the issue might be.

BTW, one of my functions at work is to approve the monthly patches from Microsoft. Our PCI mandates that all patches be applied within 30 days of their release. I patched my machine last week, so it too should be at 11.0.42. I can verify that when back in the office. But I am seeing the same thing here. That capture was from this machine.

May 29, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #443 of 1,045
Guess what. I had added Head-Fi to my compatibility view list for some things related to the old site. I turned that off and it now looks just like the capture that you posted Axel. I also no longer get the "you are using an outdated browser" message. Thanks for making me do some digging.
I will try the same at work when I am back in the office.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #444 of 1,045
Guess what. I had added Head-Fi to my compatibility view list for some things related to the old site. I turned that off and it now looks just like the capture that you posted Axel. I also no longer get the "you are using an outdated browser" message. Thanks for making me do some digging.
I will try the same at work when I am back in the office.

Thanks for this info. Now if someone else reports a similar issue I'll have a potential fix for them. Appreciate it!

May 30, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #445 of 1,045
I'm seeing this large ad in the middle of the Utopia thread for CanJam London. C'mon, there's already enough advertising with the new format, do we really need to have it inserted in the middle of a thread too?!

Feedback for the feedback thread.

IMG_1138.PNG

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #447 of 1,045
Has the old feedback (from back in the VBulletin days) system where you had to reply to someone's feedback thread been deleted? The link I have in my signature doesn't work and I can't seem to find it by doing a Google search. Thanks.

They're still there, in the archives which can be reached from the main forum page. XenForo has a slightly different way of creating URLs, so any existing links to the old feedback threads are likely broken.

Here's yours: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/j-pak.136515/

Jun 1, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #448 of 1,045
On my Android tablet, in Firefox browser, arrow keys don't work. I'm used to use arrow keys for fine cursor positioning, and Shift+arrows for selection. Hacker's Keyboard, if you don't have arrow keys on your on-screen keyboard.

Jun 1, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #450 of 1,045
@moedawg140 and those of you who are using Dolphin, have you tried turning off the rich text editor? If you go into your Head-Fi Preference Settings (click), find this setting:

UNCHECK that option, and click the "Save Changes" button. You should be able to use the editor in the Dolphin browser at that point.
Hi Joe,

Thank you for the suggestion of the workaround of unchecking the "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages". Unfortunately, in my experience, I lose all editing functionality when that box is unchecked. Meaning, I can post, quote, reply, etc., but I can only text, and since the editing toolbar is gone, I cannot use any buttons/features to edit my posts which are the buttons/features: bold, italics, underline, text color, font size, bullets (ordered and unordered lists), over 1,300 smilies, adding media, inserting quote(s), spoiler(s), types of code(s), strike-through, reviewing drafts, and other buttons/features of the editing toolbar are gone/have disappeared because of the unchecking of the "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" in Preferences. Because of this, I am still unable to post, quote, reply sufficiently in Dolphin and have to use rich text format, which only currently works with browsers such as Safari. Hopefully all functionality will work with Dolphin in the future - I'll be checking out Dolphin from time to time (especially after continual updates to the forum), to see if there is full functionality with Dolphin.

The screenshots of what happens are below:

IMG_0977.PNG

Loss of editing tool functionality with unchecking of the "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" box (Dolphin screenshot).

IMG_0982.PNG

Full functionality with the checking of the "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" box (works with Safari and not on Dolphin, as shown with the Safari browser screenshot).

For documentation sake, here are a couple other issues in Safari that I experienced:

IMG_0978.PNG

Cannot scroll from time to time in Safari if I try to reply (I have to refresh the browser to fix the issue).

IMG_0980.PNG

The "Subscribed Threads" tab is not shown/hidden, and the "324" is not shown fully (I'm aware the button number sizing issues are known issues).

IMG_0981.PNG

Sometimes the page will not load at all in Safari. Typing in Head-Fi.org will not fix this. Using wifi will not fix this. Using LTE will not fix this. I have to close the tab and create a new tab to fix the issue.

IMG_0984.JPG

I cannot edit my posts/reviews that have more than 25 pictures to them, and I cannot add posts that have more than 25 pictures because when I do, I receive an error (shown above), and am unable to continue.

Thanks again for the message, and I'm looking forward to positive updates in the future to enable full functionality of the Dolphin browser, and the fixing of bugs.

Attachments

• IMG_0979.PNG
    IMG_0979.PNG
    168.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back