New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
May 19, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #411 of 1,045
Minor bug I noticed a little while ago - when you post to a thread, your post # is shown as 1 greater than the total number of posts in the thread. If you move to another page and back again, or refresh the page, it's correct but immediately after posting, it looks like the post count isn't being incremented when displaying the new post. e.g.

Untitled.jpg

Immediately after posting, this showed up as Post #1486 of 1485, you have to move away from the page and back again for it to appear as Post #1486 of 1486. Nothing really I know, but I felt I should report it, having noticed it.

May 19, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #412 of 1,045
Yeah, that's an odd one. It's caused by the fact that the page hasn't reloaded, so the total post count hasn't updated, but the new post knows that it's X+1 so it shows the new total. Once the page is refreshed it shows the current again. Not sure if there's any kind of workaround, but it's not something we'll be looking into immediately. We might be able to come back to this one after we're done with the more demanding tasks like building the new classifieds system.

May 20, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #413 of 1,045
Although I may have overlooked it, I can not figure out how to close a For Sale listing. Since the forum format changed, I am getting queries regarding items long ago listed, sold and listing closed. Is there a current way to close the listing other than just editing the listing with a "Sold" post?

May 20, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #414 of 1,045
Although I may have overlooked it, I can not figure out how to close a For Sale listing. Since the forum format changed, I am getting queries regarding items long ago listed, sold and listing closed. Is there a current way to close the listing other than just editing the listing with a "Sold" post?

Flag the item and the moderation team can close it for you. Just let us know it's been sold. This is a temp workaround until we can improve the classifieds.

May 21, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #416 of 1,045
Good job on the new changes!

The new colors work a bit better, but now the grayscale site doesn't work as well with the blue top (?)

I think a black toolbar + theme would look better than blue personally - the blue of the toolbar kinda clashes with the blue/purple fade image at the top. All cosmetics, but just my two cents! I read on another thread that themes would be introduced in settings at some point, so it may be irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #418 of 1,045
Don't like the new font used in post text, it feels like the CSS didn't load, but it did. Font is "Georgia" and looks like "Times New Roman". A bad font for screen legibility IMO.
Previous font was better.

May 23, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #419 of 1,045
I'm actually having a hard time reading this font as well. One thing, it is a bit small and the other, I think that it is a bit curved and there are too big of some differences between the thick and the thin parts of every letter.

Maybe using Verdana in a bigger font would help?

May 23, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #420 of 1,045
I'm actually having a hard time reading this font as well. One thing, it is a bit small and the other, I think that it is a bit curved and there are too big of some differences between the thick and the thin parts of every letter.

Maybe using Verdana in a bigger font would help?

We've heard the feedback about the font family and we're looking into alternatives. Interesting note, we have the font set 1 point larger than we did on the previous platform. If the text feels smaller, it's most likely due to the font itself.

How does everyone feel about Comic Sans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back