New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #601 of 1,045
What OS and browser are you using? I'm trying to replicate this.

I had that happen earlier today with Windows 7 and Firefox but I can't remember exactly what I was doing. Only happened once...so far. If it happens again I will take notes.

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #605 of 1,045
Thanks for fixing the page navigation buttons!
The new ones look great against a white background. However, they can be hard to see when overlaid against background advertising material.
I recently noticed the selections for pages for the threads has changed. I also noticed that there is no page 1 selection. We need a page 1 selection(and also last page selection), and also I like how it's done conventionally. double arrows to get to the first or the last page, and single arrow to move one page in either direction. Why can't we have something like that?
I am also getting a lot of empty space, and I agree with Relic, I had a hard time figuring on what page I am. A bit.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. The page nav still has a few more changes coming as well.

Also for the search, if we can have post results sorted by most recent date, would be much better.
The quick search box defaults to sorting chronologically. The top search and advanced searches default to relevance, but can be adjusted. The quick search will only sort by most recent.

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #606 of 1,045
I like the new page navigation buttons. A nice improvement.
Also agree with @SilverEars that a Page 1 button would be good.
Thanks to @jude and the other Admin folks for all your work to make the platform better for Head-Fi.

Cheers!
RCB

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #607 of 1,045
The quick search box defaults to sorting chronologically. The top search and advanced searches default to relevance, but can be adjusted. The quick search will only sort by most recent.

Please add to the list: ability to "search by most recent" + "search this thread" + "posted by member".

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #608 of 1,045
I like the new page navigation buttons. A nice improvement.
Also agree with @SilverEars that a Page 1 button would be good.
Thanks to @jude and the other Admin folks for all your work to make the platform work better for Head-Fi.

Cheers!
RCB

+1.

Works a lot better than the last rev, when the page number buttons were often jumbled together.

I also request jump buttons for first and last pages. Those are fairly standard across most forums.

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #610 of 1,045
Please add to the list: ability to "search by most recent" + "search this thread" + "posted by member".

Thanks!
These are currently implemented. The quick search bar for threads and forums always sorts by recency. To search for posts by a specific member, you'll need to use either the search box located at the top of the page, across from the Head-Fi logo, or the advanced search tool. If you use the top search box and check "Search this thread only" and fill in the username field, it will show all posts in that thread by that member starting with the most recent.

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #611 of 1,045
If you use the top search box and check "Search this thread only" and fill in the username field, it will show all posts in that thread by that member starting with the most recent.

Awesome! I hope that the above used to sort "by relevancy" and that your team changed it to "by most recent" at some point. Because if it has always worked that way, then I have always been fundamentally confused lol.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #612 of 1,045
Ahahaa reading comments on new navigation buttons and people loving them.... : (

I have some problems with this new change:

The blue outer circle makes it hard for me to read the white number inside
Where did the first and last jump buttons go? Those are very handy.

Sorry to be in the minority and dislike this change.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #613 of 1,045
CutzT2i.png

The navigation button are a welcome but on mobile site they look very small and even hard to tap on them.

And ofc first page and last page option is a must

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #614 of 1,045
Dec 21, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #615 of 1,045
+1.

Works a lot better than the last rev, when the page number buttons were often jumbled together.

I also request jump buttons for first and last pages. Those are fairly standard across most forums.

+1 to get the first and last page options back. Very important imo.

FIrst and Last page links are now implemented!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back