Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 14, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #3,526 of 6,413
Maybe I didn't explain myself well, what I meant was to make it look like this (see link below), keep in mind the fact that the Ipod screen it's the same size as the @Shanling M0)

edit: sorry, cant seem to insert image

https://ibb.co/hYqGyp

hYqGyp

hYqGyp [IMG]

Well, that's at least no worse than the current low-information display. Personally, I'd prefer more words, fewer graphics.

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #3,528 of 6,413
To your questions for additional features, I hear you, I have them all listed and pushing software team to get to them ASAP.
But when will they come, I can't tell now.

Again, how do you assume that when EQ is "OFF" it's still active? Just because you can switch it on without need to stop the file?

If you are unhappy with waking up M0 with single click of wheel, change the settings from "standby" to "shutdown". Then it will be standard 3 seconds hold every time.

I am trying to look for this option? Where do you find that option that will turn standard 3 sec every time? When I commute, I frequently wake the M0 and I pocket change the some even other option. I am looking for the best way to not accidentally wake the M0 up.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #3,529 of 6,413
hm. ok, but it occurs also while having it in my hand. I assume there is a problem with higher bitrate files in LDAC mode. If it is just the signal blocking, there will not be this "fast forward" sound after short glitch.

From my experience, signal of Bluetooth likes when there are objects around you, so it can reflect from them to the headphones. You will never have problem with BT signal in subway for example, but open field is very different story. So as you walk, the signal can get weaker for a moment, then the sound "catch Up", which is what you call the "fast forward" glitch.

If you have the screen facing your body, signal of BT will be significantly weaker and it will results in more skipping in played files.

Hello
I haven't actually gotten myself this device, but have a few questions regarding the UI.

1. When scrolling through songs/albums, is there an alphabet list on the side? This will be helpful with so many albums present.
  2. I remember seeing many users having touchscreen issues (e.g. swiping doesn't work properly, etc.). Was this addressed in the latest update?
  3. For the Morse Code implementation, what will be the planned commands?
In addition, I suggest that you should make a "ideas considered" list consisting of requested implementations by users, so people won't say the same thing over and over.

Alphabet scrolling is included in "My Music" submenu.
It's about finely tuning the system, we are still working on it and hoping to get it better. We did huge jump from first beta, so I hope we can push it much further.
If you truly master Morse Code, secret code will reveal hidden water fountain in M0.

This has been 100% confirmed? I thought some ppl said it could though in this thread?? I personally would use it connected to my headphones with a cable, but at some point I'd like to see it be completely wireless but still offer the SAME quality (sound and reception-wise) as a fully wired setup.

To sum it up how M0 can work:

mSD card in M0 -> Wired or Bluetooth headphones or external USB DAC
Phone over BT -> M0 -> Wired headphones
Computer over USB cable -> M0 -> Wired headphones

Two things we want to implement in future:

Phone over BT -> M0 -> external USB DAC
Computer over USB cable -> M0 -> Bluetooth headphones

What we will never do:

Phone over BT -> M0 -> Bluetooth headphones
Because this makes no sense(signal is affected by the codec used by phone, no matter what will then M0 use)

This is based on iem use, both the N3 and X1 have more output power. Oh and the M0 has a very clean output- good for sensitive iems.

Just one note, M0 does 80mW into 32Ohm, Fiio X1 only do 70 mW into 32Ohm. So on paper the M0 should be slightly more powerful.

Good luck! I tried to order via AliExpress for the blue version, it never turned up and the company played silly buggers with parcels not even leaving China and being returned to them from customs. I gave up and ordered the boring black version via Amazon. At least that turns up (rather fed up with flaky Chinese sellers tbh, have several eBay disputes for non-arriving parcels via UK-proxy Chinese sellers. As much as I hate Amazon and their tax avoidance and union-busting at least their parcels actually arrive).

Reminds me, must check I actually got a refund for that...grr.

We have distributors, with standard stores, in most countries in Europe, North America and Asia. So our customers don't need to deal with some random Chinese sellers or the Amazon.

i've encountered a very odd touchscreen issue on my new m0. when i have it sitting on a desk or any flat surface and i try to tap/swipe the screen, it's totally unresponsive until i pick it up. then it works fine. it does this every time i have nothing connected to it and i'm playing through bluetooth. i figured something out though. when i have headphones connected to it, the touch screen works fine whether on the desk or in my hand, but as soon as i remove the headphone jack...same problem. very bizarre. it's annoying because i'd like to have it sitting on my desk and be able to change tracks or whatever without having to pick it up sometimes. can anyone duplicate this to see if you experience something similar? thanks.

This is ... Unique. Does it show only when using BT headphones? Or if you put M0 on table, without inserted headphones, but playing, will it also refuse to react?

@Shanling I Don't know if this is something you have thought of or that could be implemented in future software updates, but there is my suggestion to make this device the new "Ipod experience" while delivering a good Hi-fi audio quality experience too.

We have some plans to change the UI on M0 based on feedback, but album art in browsing wasn't really planned for now. Will see.

I am trying to look for this option? Where do you find that option that will turn standard 3 sec every time? When I commute, I frequently wake the M0 and I pocket change the some even other option. I am looking for the best way to not accidentally wake the M0 up.

Go to System -> Idle and turn on Auto-shutdown instead of Standby.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 15, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #3,531 of 6,413
Firmware v2.2 here you go!

Google drive download

Shanling M0 Firmware 2.2 notes

Changes and fixes:

1. Added Triple click shortcut, available in System settings
2. Added playback controls when using M0 in Bluetooth receiver mode, including double and triple click shortcuts
3. Added support of external m3u and m3u8 playlists
4. Added “Recently added” list in “My Music”
5. Fixed bug causing wrong song order in “My Music” browsing
6. Improved USB digital output

How to update:

1. Make sure that M0 is fully charged.
2. Unzip the file and copy “update.bin” file into root folder of micro SD card.
Note: If your M0 is on firmware 1.0 or 1.5, card must be formatted to FAT32. For update from firmware 2.0 and higher, you can use all cards.
3. Choose “System Update”in system settings and follow the displayed instructions. Wait until system restarts.
4. Check in settings “About M0” to be sure new firmware was installed.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #3,533 of 6,413

Google drive download

Changes and fixes:

2. Added playback controls when using M0 in Bluetooth receiver mode, including double and triple click shortcuts

How to update:

Note: If your M0 is on firmware 1.0 or 1.5, card must be formatted to FAT32. For update from firmware 2.0 and higher, you can use all cards.
3. Choose “System Update”in system settings and follow the displayed instructions. Wait until system restarts.

Wohoo! Thanks and well done on the improvements, guys. Looking forward to seeing some possible UI changes in the next update

Oct 15, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #3,534 of 6,413

Google drive download

Changes and fixes:

Yes! Playlists is a big want of mine, and like the sound of the Recently Added, currently have to have separate folders with 'new' and older music. This will be a great help. Means I can have it all as one if I want.

Click shortcuts? Interesting...

I'm sure there will be a lot of moaning about not having X or Y, I'm pretty happy so far (whispers - remember position per track/podcast resume next please :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #3,536 of 6,413
@Shanling Just did the update and first thing first, the updates work brilliant and the triple click and BT controls are a welcome sight. Not encountered any bugs or issues so far and operations on the M0 are very smooth!

However, i did notice that on Hi-res songs, the 'HR' logo has vanished! Is that a bug or its done on purpose? All my 24-bit FLAC and DSD files on playback no more have the HR logo showing up. Does this also mean that its possible to EQ Hi-Res files now?

Oct 15, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,537 of 6,413

Google drive download

Changes and fixes:

How to update:

Thanks. Shanling latin accents are fixed!

Oct 15, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #3,538 of 6,413
@Shanling Just did the update and first thing first, the updates work brilliant and the triple click and BT controls are a welcome sight. Not encountered any bugs or issues so far and operations on the M0 are very smooth!

However, i did notice that on Hi-res songs, the 'HR' logo has vanished! Is that a bug or its done on purpose? All my 24-bit FLAC and DSD files on playback no more have the HR logo showing up. Does this also mean that its possible to EQ Hi-Res files now?
I haven't downloaded yet (firewall at work) but there was talk of replacing "HR" with the actual bit and sampling rate -- eg 24/192.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #3,539 of 6,413

Google drive download

Changes and fixes:

LOL
so much waiting and the problem 5 is not solved
The problem exist not on all albums but only on the one that are in one file and a cue sheet (the id tags are correct)
the songs listed in alphabetical order and not by their track number
shanling1.jpg
shanling 2.jpg

If i browse via "Folders" there is no problem
For me it is big problem as i am album listener

You will do something about that or no?

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #3,540 of 6,413
I haven't downloaded yet (firewall at work) but there was talk of replacing "HR" with the actual bit and sampling rate -- eg 24/192.

I am still getting the HR logo. But maybe only on higher quality files. No longer on 24bit/48kHz files which I think it showed it on before. It does not show bit/sampling rate instead of the HR logo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back