Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Sep 30, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #3,301 of 6,413
m0蓝色.jpg M0钛色.jpg

Before we go on week long holidays, I have one great news for you.

We just got beta version of new firmware for M0!

It will be tested by our testing group over holidays and if everything goes smooth, we will release it when we get back.

See you again on October 8th.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 30, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #3,302 of 6,413

It will be tested by our testing group over holidays and if everything goes smooth, we will release it when we get back.

Tease!
Have a good break.

Sep 30, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #3,303 of 6,413
I;'m running 200 GB card, we even have loaded 400 GB card and they are running fine. How many song do you have exactly?

Becomes "Unknown" in which part of player? During browsing with tags or on now playing screen?

Now Playing screen and favorites playlist / recent. The file list is fine. But if I browse Artists - all of those special character tracks are displayed as Unknown Artist. Makes stuff hard to find sometimes. Russian seems to not do that though?

Sorry the script I used to count sees them as different file times if the case is different, or truncated - just over 11,500?

16 MP3
29 Mp3
1 aac
9 aif
19 aiff
466 flac
2668 m4a
8363 mp3
47 wav

It did it again earlier - update stopped at around 5045.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #3,304 of 6,413

I think I would have preferred it if you had just released it on the 8th instead of telling us early. I don't know if I can handle the anticipation, and if testing doesn't go smoothly and there is a delay then there might be some unhappy campers here, namely me!!! :smile_phones:

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #3,305 of 6,413

Basically, when you are in USB DAC mode, or in BLUETOOTH mode, the screen is locked. Touching the screen will mean that it disconnects. That makes it impossible to have it both in USB DAC mode and BLUETOOTH mode at the same time...it is one or the other.

Will the update be hopefully addressing the above issue? I would like to use it as BT receiver and connect it to my e.g. mojo or something via USB C.

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #3,306 of 6,413
I use the M0 as a transport and I don't get any clicks with 16/44 through to 24/192 PCM, but I don't have any DSD tracks though. Maybe there is something wrong with the USB cable you are using? I use a Shanling USB C to USB Micro for my Chord Hugo, and a USB C iFi OTG cable to connect to an iFi Black Label Micro iDSD and an iFi Nano iDSD. I've never had any problems - it works great, and is a quarter the weight of the Moto G5 phone I used to use.
there are very short clicks which are indistinguishable largely but such clicks breaks the dop stream and therefore the glitches. I think shanling need firmware update for buffer and memory management and/or support native dsd streaming via usb out to sort out the dsd issue.

Oct 1, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #3,309 of 6,413
Oct 1, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #3,312 of 6,413
For anyone who wishes to answer - Does it do AAC Bluetooth and are the codecs used switchable?
The M0 can receive AAC bluetooth but not send it. The Bluetooth codecs can be configured in the Bluetooth settings, but I would assume whichever end is the sender controls which codec is used.

Oct 1, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #3,314 of 6,413
It may be the rip. I remember lame codec having provisions for gapless but not sure if others do. May be the issue.
I agree. Some applications rip perfectly gapless (eg iTunes, foobar) some others don't. Then again some players do gapless perfectly and some don't regardless of the ripping software used. Some players don't offer gapless at all.

Oct 1, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #3,315 of 6,413
The M0 can receive AAC bluetooth but not send it. The Bluetooth codecs can be configured in the Bluetooth settings, but I would assume whichever end is the sender controls which codec is used.
Thanks. I was planning to use it as an all round Bluetooth transmitter and compact transport for my Mojo. Shame about no AAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back