New Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless: First Impressions and Discussion Thread.
Mar 9, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #46 of 59
I am not sure. I have to check my headphones. Where do you see that it is using 8?

I think you should better ask in the 1ABT thread for that. Or in my Comparison thread eventually, or the one of n00b2, High End Bluetooth Headphones.

Are you sure it is not something in the settings? How do you get Bluetooth? Integrated? Adapter?

Man, Bluedio sucks. I have tried the R and T models. Horrible. If they are so good for recording, I do not know, but for music, no go.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #47 of 59
Context menu on a speaker icon in the tray - Recording Devices - Properties - Advanced. There's always 8 KHz for any Bluetooth Headset but they somehow record differently. Momentums for some reason have very choppy and bad quality recording, all sound in Skype is pretty bad both for me and for people I call (and It doesn't allow to switch from the Headset device to a Headphone device for playback).

Bluetooth is integrated (currently Intel 7260 AC, guess It would be the same with BCM4352 AC).

Bluedio generally suck (sound like a tin can and very uncomfortable to wear) but they are sooo loud and the battery time is OK and they record better for some reason (try Voice Recorder in Windows and compare the results, Momentums/Urbanites are way worse than Bluedios for that matter).

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #49 of 59
Posted to sennheiser thread about that. Figures out Turbines are not any better, I messed it up with a record from wired headphones.By the way momentums record just fine via USB but I want them wireless. Looks like all Bluetooth headphones are really bad in Skype and in Voice Recorder (I have 4 different bluetooth headphones - momentums, urbanites, bluedio turbine and bt 4.0 noname from China, checked them all, they all record really crappy), which is kind of sad. I don't think Sony's 1RBT will be different.

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #50 of 59
I have both the sony zx770bn and sony sbh60 bluetooth headphones, one is around $75 and the other around $225 and they are both stuck at 16 bit 8000hz recording. They both sound quite similar when recording, just like taking a mobile phone call, not great quality but understandable. I'd say the 1rbt and 1abt would probably be the same. If i get time tomorrow i can check the 1rbt if you want, my brother has my pair so i'll see if i can grab them off him.

Update, tested the mdr-1rbt and they are the same 16bit 8000hz and voices sound pretty much the same.

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #51 of 59
I think the Plantronics Backbeat Pro could be better. At least, their voice call quality was above average in the BT world. And Plantronics is a brand well known for voice communication.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #52 of 59

"The fit is a bit loose (no vigorous shaking head possible). This also causes a little leak of sound when I turn my head very much (like the Exorcist movie) or when I eat or drink or chew, because the speakers move. On heavy bass tracks this is noticeable with a change of pitch of the bass. Which I personally find funny, I can interact with the music and do like a cutoff while I chew :D
Anyway by setting the cups at a right position and place the headband a bit towards, I was able to almost completely eliminate this leak."

Giogio, I thought I might be the only one that noticed this. I think the foam used on these ear pads is NOT very soft, and definitely do not feel like a memory foam type of material either. I think a better seal would be achieved if they were perhaps covered with a leather material. Another thing that drives me totally crazy with these pads are that they are an absolute pain in the butt to re-attach! Other than the ear pads issue, they do sound very good compared to the Pendulumic Stance S1+, which I tried and sent back in exchange for these. I only hope that I can find a replacement set of ear pads perhaps with a different material. I thought about trying a pair of Momentum over ear pads in place of these, since they attach the same way, just not sure if they are the same size.

They do kind of feel like on-ears rather than over ear headphones to me as well. They just do not have that same level of comfort and seal that I get from my Phillips Fidelio L1. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #53 of 59
Yes indeed. Didn't I mention it? If not, thanks for bringing it.
The pads are not soft, feels like, some kind of paper.
Same thing with the M2OEBT. I hated those even more.

If you can take them off again (sorry) it would be useful if you can take picture of the back of the pad, and of the part of the speaker where they get attached, and take exact measurement of the outer diameter and of the eventual sleeve on the back (I suppose there must be a sleeve).
So somebody can help you to find an alternative. There is an Earpads Thread here.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #54 of 59
Thank you Giogio. I will take photos of the pads this weekend. I also noticed that Amazon sells replacement pads for both the Urbanite XL and Momentum for under twenty bucks a pair, so I may take a chance and purchase the Momentum pair and see if they fit. If not, I'll just return them. I previously neglected to thank you for your first impressions of the Urbanite XL, and wanted to address that oversight. Thanks for a very helpful first impression. As I use these headphones and get used to the idiosyncrocies of them, I definitely enjoy the sound they produce, and if I find a more comfortable ear pad, they will be even better. I will check out that Ear Pads thread:thumbsup_tone4:.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #56 of 59
I have had the Urbanite XL for awhile now and I rarely use them now. Just for my Xbox. I think that my Xiaomi piston 3 paired with my Fiio E12 sounds better. The Urbanite sound unatural in comparison and feels as if something is missing

May 3, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #57 of 59
Got 1RBT today, now I have a whole bunch - Urbanites, Momentums and 1RBT. Sadly Momentums still feel superior by sound quality BY FAR, but of course, way less comfortable than 1RBT's. Recording quality is still pretty ****ty for all of them, guess it's bluetooth in general, it just entirely switches to HSP profile while recording.

May 3, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #58 of 59
Don't confuse the urbanite XL and wireless... I wholly didn't like the wired urbanite XL's and truly enjoy these via blutooth

May 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #59 of 59
I received mine in he mail today.  Love and I mean love the sound of these.  However, the ear pads do feel a bit cramped.  Has anyone here replaced the ear pads to solve this problem with any success?  if so which ones did you purchase? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back