New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 527
  Looks interesting but CNET suggested they're heavily V shaped.  I don't know if this is true as the site is not highly reliable.

If true that would not only make these IEM a non-Momentum, but a non-Sennheiser as well. CNET and Mr. Guttenberg regularly disappoint me with not so accurate info and biased reviews. I would like to quote "...in fact, most audiophiles prefer compressed music. " and would like to add this is why I tend to skip CNET for my info. 

Regardless, I am psyched up about these new Momentum IEM. The moment my local retailer gets these beauties in I will be the first to buy. I just hope they are released before the cold comes as I don't fancy wearying my Momentums with a toque on. 

beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #17 of 527
This is just a guess, but based on the looks of these new in-ears and Sennheiser's new URBANITE headphones, whoever is running their design department must have fired the designers responsible for the original Momentum series and hired some new 'fresh talent' and let them do whatever they pleased.

A very big mistake, because both these and the URBANITEs are some of the ugliest headphones I've seen in a while!

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #19 of 527
This is just a guess, but based on the looks of these new in-ears and Sennheiser's new URBANITE headphones, whoever is running their design department must have fired the designers responsible for the original Momentum series and hired some new 'fresh talent' and let them do whatever they pleased.

A very big mistake, because both these and the URBANITEs are some of the ugliest headphones I've seen in a while!
While I don't share your opinions about the looks of the new audio equipment they're producing, I miss the design team for the HD600's and the HD650's. They were just... classy.

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #23 of 527
Sep 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #24 of 527
They seem a little long for an in-ear. I hope they don't protrude too much out of your ears when wearing.

BTW, I think these deserve to be named Momentum : you can't compare in-ear with over-ear, but they share a little something (an aura?) and not just the silver "S" logo on the back.

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #26 of 527
  If true that would not only make these IEM a non-Momentum, but a non-Sennheiser as well. CNET and Mr. Guttenberg regularly disappoint me with not so accurate info and biased reviews. I would like to quote "...in fact, most audiophiles prefer compressed music. " and would like to add this is why I tend to skip CNET for my info. 

Regardless, I am psyched up about these new Momentum IEM. The moment my local retailer gets these beauties in I will be the first to buy. I just hope they are released before the cold comes as I don't fancy wearying my Momentums with a toque on. 

beerchug.gif

Totally agree. And Mr Guttenberg now being a contributor for Sound&Vision mag, that's even more true. S&V may be the worst source for information. I've never saw a bad review of a product they get ad-money for… wait, I've even never saw a bad review at all! What Hi-Fi seems the last place for trusted, unbiased reviews.

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #28 of 527
  Totally agree. And Mr Guttenberg now being a contributor for Sound&Vision mag, that's even more true. S&V may be the worst source for information. I've never saw a bad review of a product they get ad-money for… wait, I've even never saw a bad review at all! What Hi-Fi seems the last place for trusted, unbiased reviews.

I visit What Hi-fi but I don't have a lot of faith in their reviews most of which are short, lack detail and are somewhat abstracted.

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #29 of 527

I visit What Hi-fi but I don't have a lot of faith in their reviews most of which are short, lack detail and are somewhat abstracted.

Some of their reviews are maybe more overviews. But at least, they don't hesitate to give 2 or 3 stars. I think the magazine is better than the website, since, I admit, some of the reviews lack a little substance.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #30 of 527
I like the momentum over ear sound signature and find it really worth its price. But I won't be wearing it out of the house. I didn't like the over ear as well. I thought it ruined the momentum experience. Praying the iems don't fall into the same faults as the middle child:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back