New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Sep 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #31 of 527
So...long-winded way to say that I think I am going to try these as I like the over ear version I have and see what comes of it...unless someone can think of something similar in the same price range and sound signature (which is only a guess right now). I am also considering the Xiaoami Piston 2 but not sure about that.

imho you'd be happy with xiaomi pistons 2- I have the momentum over ear and pistons 2. Never really thought of comparing the 2 but your post triggered it- i would say they are somewhat similar- really solid punchy bass, good clean mids and OK highs (it gets messy on the top)- nothing is overly powering across the spectrum- and both are spectacular performers above their price points :D

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #32 of 527
I like the momentum over ear sound signature and find it really worth its price. But I won't be wearing it out of the house. I didn't like the over ear as well. I thought it ruined the momentum experience. Praying the iems don't fall into the same faults as the middle child:p

If you have 3 sons, then chances are that all 3 will be a little different. The "Momentum" name was a full success for Sennheiser ; they just keep the name for the people to rapidly recognize, and appreciate them just because of the name. We ofter see that in perfumery: variants of "Le Mâle" by Gaultier or "L'Homme" by YSL are just incalculable.

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #34 of 527
Risky move- but seems to be working... Being drawn to the momentum iem like a moth to the flame.....
ph34r.gif

You'd have perhaps not been, if they had been named otherwise!

Don't forget to go back a little when it will be too hot :p

Sep 6, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #35 of 527
  If you have 3 sons, then chances are that all 3 will be a little different. The "Momentum" name was a full success for Sennheiser ; they just keep the name for the people to rapidly recognize, and appreciate them just because of the name. We ofter see that in perfumery: variants of "Le Mâle" by Gaultier or "L'Homme" by YSL are just incalculable.

See also the "Galaxy" range of phones for samsung...

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #38 of 527
These look amazing. If they can produce the same sound as the over ear Momentum, I will but these for sure. Can't wait to test them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #40 of 527
Wow these things look beautiful. I want to buy one for my little brother. He's always wanted an IEM ever since he put his headphones in the washer/dryer.

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #42 of 527
Wha... how?

No you know what I should of said earphones. But I just asked my mother whos the one who put them in the dryer they were some $40 IEMs. Cheap to us but expensive for the average boy. I might get these for his Christmas present.

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #43 of 527
No you know what I should of said earphones. But I just asked my mother whos the one who put them in the dryer they were some $40 IEMs. Cheap to us but expensive for the average boy. I might get these for his Christmas present.
Ah, that makes more sense. I thought you meant he just popped them in the dryer for a super cycle or something. :3

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #44 of 527
These look nice. Idk if they'll be any good, but they are pretty visually unique. I like the strange strain relief. and metal. metal is nice

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #45 of 527
Wow....well there goes my other 100 bucks because those In Ear Momentums seem about right for me since I have been looking for something between the 50 to 100 dollar range IEMs.

Currently using Soundmagic ES18 and Logitech UE 500v....although these are about 15 bucks each, Im sure they will not compare to the Momentum in ears.

I know...the UE 500v are not great but I needed something for whenever I make phone calls and multitask at the same time...the soundmagics..well I was still new into the world of audiphile and needed something cheap and good for on the go. Was told these ES18 were good enough for my needs. But now that I currently own some MA900s and Fidelio X1s and have experience the pleasures of these headphones, I feel like I need more awesomeness in my ears lol.

Looks like I have alot of research to do, especially for IEMs since I really did cheap out most of the time. I was hoping to make the jump to 30 dollar In Ears before going to 60 dollars and eventually the 100 dollar range, just to see or rather say "hear" the differences in quality, signature and pros and cons of each....

But these Seem like something very worthy IEM to be put into my small collection of In Ears, of which I probobly wont even use ever again, unless the momentums fail within a time period lol.

All I know is that my wallet will hurt come Black Friday :frowning2: hehe...AKG k712, these Momentums In Ears, a good DAC and Amp.....

But Im really looking foward to reading reviews for the in ear Momentums, would like to hear they are nearly as good as the over the ear Momentums...although Im sure they wont but Im hoping that it will carry more of its Pros than cons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back