New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Aug 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #541 of 9,484
Quote:
Quote:

I'd bet it will-if for no other reason to add another bullet point to a self-proclaimed STATEMENT product. Gosh I want info on this-and some more popcorn.
Any updates on the Rag release yet?

-Daniel

Still think they said the DSD will be a standalone box. 

DSD is to the Yggdrasil
as 
HDDVD is to the Xbox 360?

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #542 of 9,484
Quote:

DSD is to the Yggdrasil
as 
HDDVD is to the Xbox 360?

beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #544 of 9,484
Dumb question here, how would the Ragnarok work with a set of powered speakers? I have a Bifrost/Asgard combo with a pair of Adam A3x's and Grado 325si's.  I love everything about this setup, except switching the damn cables when I want to listen to headphones.  

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #545 of 9,484
Quote:
Dumb question here, how would the Ragnarok work with a set of powered speakers? I have a Bifrost/Asgard combo with a pair of Adam A3x's and Grado 325si's.  I love everything about this setup, except switching the damn cables when I want to listen to headphones.  

Just use the pre-outs. Assuming they're supplied. I would be shocked if they aren't.

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #548 of 9,484
Quote:
just out of curiosity, can the current mjolnir power a set of krk rokit 8s? or would i need the rag down the line to get the most out of them? 

If the mjolnir has pre-outs it will (Basically a line out with volume control - in simple terms). Just check on the website.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #553 of 9,484
Quote:
Still think they said DSD will be a standalone box. Just let it die already.

Based on my conversations with Jason, he's no fan of DSD and Mike Moffat truly despises it. Between that and Schiit's keep-things-as-basic-as-possible-if-not-more-so approach, I'm betting their only DSD product will be the standalone box. Which, as Jason said to me, you can buy for little money then toss after you run out of DSD to play with. Maybe someone who gets to RMAF can pin him down and report back.

Meantime, if anyone knows a method of ripping SACDs that doesn't involve tracking down an old Playstation and reenacting Frankenstein, I'd be interested and grateful.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #554 of 9,484
Quote:

Based on my conversations with Jason, he's no fan of DSD and Mike Moffat truly despises it. Between that and Schiit's keep-things-as-basic-as-possible-if-not-more-so approach, I'm betting their only DSD product will be the standalone box. Which, as Jason said to me, you can buy for little money then toss after you run out of DSD to play with. Maybe someone who gets to RMAF can pin him down and report back.

Meantime, if anyone knows a method of ripping SACDs that doesn't involve tracking down an old Playstation and reenacting Frankenstein, I'd be interested and grateful.

I know there is another way, but it's like $10k if im not mistaken to buy the equipment.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #555 of 9,484
I know there is another way, but it's like $10k if im not mistaken to buy the equipment.

Gave this some thought and i really cannot think of any way to do this (rip sacd's). I'm out here in the Far East and for some reason the fact that everyone and his dog seems to be making 'dsd-capable' dacs gave me the impression that you guys in the US/Europe are swimming in seas of dsd's and sacd's... The current state of affairs appears much different. Seems odd that so many manufacturers are trying to support a format that is used by so few. May be it helps sell dac's cos it's a 'feature' or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back