New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Aug 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #466 of 9,484
Quote:
Well since they are charging twice the price...and I doubt it'll really be marketed as a speaker amp...just wondering where exactly cost increase has gone? I know it's similar to the MJ, but are they taking that balanced approach to the limit, will it be more refined? It is their flagship model afterall-I would assume there's more to it than MOAR POWER and speaker taps...

-Daniel

I think that's all it really is IMO, we'll have to wait for Jason for confirmation i suppose.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #467 of 9,484
Quote:
Quote:
Well since they are charging twice the price...and I doubt it'll really be marketed as a speaker amp...just wondering where exactly cost increase has gone? I know it's similar to the MJ, but are they taking that balanced approach to the limit, will it be more refined? It is their flagship model afterall-I would assume there's more to it than MOAR POWER and speaker taps...

-Daniel

I think that's all it really is IMO, we'll have to wait for Jason for confirmation i suppose.

Yup. Ultimately, we're all speculating until we get more information directly from Jason.

But while we're at it, I heard it'll have a full barista feature built into the side.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #468 of 9,484
Quote:

Yup. Ultimately, we're all speculating until we get more information directly from Jason.

But while we're at it, I heard it'll have a full barista feature built into the side.

I hope it doesn't taste like Schiit! LOL, i just had to 
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #470 of 9,484
Quote:

If I recall, Schiit has stated several times that the Mjolnir was meant to be an 'end-game' product.  I would think a lot of the same technology will be in the Rag.  I suspect the discrete volume pot may be the only improvement over the Mjolnir from a balanced headphone amp.

I understand not asking too many questions when answer can only be based on speculation. But can someone with more knowledge about amp topology perhaps answer; is it possible that the Ragnarok will be at any sort of disadvantage from having an SE out? Might it be "less balanced" due to it?

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #471 of 9,484
Quote:

-Daniel

Quote:

If thats all I might as well grab a Mjolnir for my LCD-3s then.  I don't need speaker taps or more power.  Lets hope there's more to it than just that and a new pot.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #472 of 9,484
Mjo/Gung sound pretty darned good with LCD3. Migration to Stax SR009? Thinking Blue Hawaii/PWD or similar...

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #474 of 9,484
Aug 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #476 of 9,484
Quote:
Excuse my noobness, does tracking mean difference between channels?

Yeah, there's a noticeable difference with one channel being louder than the other at low listening levels.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #479 of 9,484
Since there's a plethora of people asking questions concerning this gear I have my own. Earlier in the thread someone said that Schiit would also be releasing a tube version of the Ragnaarok. That's news to me, can anyone confirm this?

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #480 of 9,484
The tube version is old news. Look up the Schiit amp thread started by HeroKid. Jason's statements are summarised in the first post, although at that time it had not been named.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back