New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #286 of 9,484
Quote:

Maybe something like this?

M74.JPG

Holy M*tha of G-d !!!

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #287 of 9,484
Quote:
A USB to I2S converter designed directly into the DAC input without cables would be the most logical step. Everything else is a means of making money. I don't know why the big house designers keep using an old conversion technology today....

I agree with this statement, yes something like my Casea Orion Lite USB do it and very soon if it is not now it will be offered even with battery 
wink_face.gif
 so even mess from power will be out. So who care..

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #288 of 9,484
Quote:
Resonessence Concero HD for $800 and Matrix X-Sabre for $1100 are two DSD cable DACs that are lowering the cost of entry. With ESS releasing new variants of the 9018 chipset designed for smaller, more mobile applications, DSD capabilities will probably trickle down even more.

Thanks, FraGGleR, for the info. Right now I'm really tempted by the Lynx Hilo with its big display and its ADC ability (for vinyl transfers.) But it's $2500 and I'm already saving for the Rag and the Ygg and maybe an A&K 120 and some new phones to go with them and why is the fridge empty and my shoes full of holes...

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #289 of 9,484
Thanks, FraGGleR, for the info. Right now I'm really tempted by the Lynx Hilo with its big display and its ADC ability (for vinyl transfers.) But it's $2500 and I'm already saving for the Rag and the Ygg and maybe an A&K 120 and some new phones to go with them and why is the fridge empty and my shoes full of holes...
If you read through the Hilo thread, Head Fiers can get the Hilo for $1850.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #291 of 9,484
There is a thing i dont get.... the Amp is 30 lbs.... ok, but the dac is 30 lbs too? Whats in there?! 

(1) dead bird
(3) pieces of old twine
(1) empty can of spray deodorant
old toenail clippings (quantity indeterminate)
29.5 pounds of sand
a couple of chips

15 lbs mjolnir + 6 lbs speaker amp
And 10 lbs mpingo for awesome.

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #297 of 9,484
A better question is if this amplifier is compatible with lady gaga and kanye west. Because if it isn't compatible, Schiit is either against gay people or it doesn't care about black people!!!

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #298 of 9,484
Maybe something like this?

M74.JPG

The 50% on the left looks like power supply.
The block on the top right and bottom right appear to be discrete, balanced output analog output stages.
The block on the middle right looks like a DAC and associated digital processing for USB, SPDIF, etc inputs.

In other words, both the analog and digital blocks have ther own dedicated power supplies.

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #299 of 9,484
Quote:
A better question is if this amplifier is compatible with lady gaga and kanye west. Because if it isn't compatible, Schiit is either against gay people or it doesn't care about black people!!!

Lol, well the A2 does just find with them, so I'd imagine all of their other amps will follow suit :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back