New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #241 of 9,484
Quote:
Perhaps I missed it being said, but I can't help wondering if these two new gizmos are really the "Statement" equipment that keeps getting mentioned. Has anyone considered that these new models really aren't the "Statement" folks seem to be waiting for, but another intermediate model?

You might be on to something, that is, if you haven't read through this thread. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #243 of 9,484
Kim Kiddo, as this was your first post...download the PDF linked in the first post of this thread. Read the second-to-last sentence in the Afterword (bottom of page). Stop wondering.

And welcome to head-fi.

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #244 of 9,484
Well, I did read the last 16 pages and don't recall seeing a specific answer. I'll admit my brain ain't what it used to be though :)

I have a Mojo Stack (my name for the current top offerings from Schiit) as well as an upgraded Bifrost. All great Schiit!

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #245 of 9,484
The PDF's short but worth reading, with the usual schiit humor.

Can't remember whether this or the Schiit owners unite thread, but Jason seems pretty sure there'll be intermediate products - no "super statements" as he put it in the release.

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #246 of 9,484
Gotcha, found it. I guess I'll go find another thread to misunderstand and fire off a few more stupid questions. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I read quite a bit here but yes, that was my first post. So I'll take this opportunity to say "Hi" to everyone.

HI

Kim

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #247 of 9,484
Quote:
The PDF's short but worth reading, with the usual schiit humor.

Can't remember whether this or the Schiit owners unite thread, but Jason seems pretty sure there'll be intermediate products - no "super statements" as he put it in the release.

There's gonna be the intermediate product. Which is their solution for DSD.

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #248 of 9,484
No problem. New head-fiers sometimes get a 'warm' welcome (much warmer than you got here), as in 'bring flame suit'.

Tread carefully for a while, and don't ever take anything personally. It's worth it. Lots of good info (and hype!) and helpful people around.

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #249 of 9,484
Edge of it's max specs, usually power but sometimes voltage with tubes.  You wouldn't run an 845 at 700V would you? 

Sure.
To hell with reliability, warranty, running a business and making a profit.

Jun 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #252 of 9,484
Jul 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #253 of 9,484
So i take it Yggdasil is their statement dac?
6350 PLN here in Poland, so about two times my monthly pay... SChiit....
Id better start saving now and maybe i can get it when it comes out :D.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #254 of 9,484
Quote:
So i take it Yggdasil is their statement dac?
6350 PLN here in Poland, so about two times my monthly pay... SChiit....
Id better start saving now and maybe i can get it when it comes out :D.

Yes, these two products are as high end as they are going.  Apparently, there will be more intermediate products (and I would assume further iterations of their lower line products).

So happy they are direct to consumer with simple chassis design.  Would easily cost double if they were more traditional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back