New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Nov 19, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #8,851 of 9,484

Again, wrong. It's all in the book. Ragnarok and Yggdrasil are the top. Ragnarok is not gonna get tubes.

I am sorry if your experience with other brands has led you to think we will come out with even higher-end gear aimed at the audio 1% and priced at eye-bleeding levels, but this is not the case.

The Schiit Happened thread has all the chapters on all the products, and contains hints about what's coming. Just FYI.

Glad to hear against the eye-bleeding level price.  Was just saying that there could be another flagship Ragnarok class at Ragnarok price tube only amp.  But look like that's not the case.  Sorry didn't follow your book.

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #8,852 of 9,484
Glad to hear against the eye-bleeding level price.  Was just saying that there could be another flagship Ragnarok class at Ragnarok price tube only amp.  But look like that's not the case.  Sorry didn't follow your book.

The MJ2 is a great tube amp, that offers a lot of value for the money.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #8,853 of 9,484
Book is well worth reading. Jason writes well. Chapters are short, easy reads and most entertaining :D

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #8,854 of 9,484
Book is well worth reading. Jason writes well. Chapters are short, easy reads and most entertaining
biggrin.gif

I can't even be bothered to read the manual though, and theirs are some of the best manuals in all of hi-fi 

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #8,855 of 9,484
I read the manuals just to get a kick out of the Schiit they say.

Ragnarok

What's in the box
one    Ragnarok Universal Managed Amplifier
one    Power cord (for, like, well duh)
zero   Stick on feet (because the amp already has screw-in feet-you've reached the big leagues now, guys)
zero   Crystals, cryo-nano-dampers, alien wave absorberes, or any other magical parts

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #8,856 of 9,484
I could get behind a reference-level, fully balanced tube combo preamplifier and headphone amplifier with a remote control for use in living room video 2.0 setups. Same size as Ragnarok chassis. To be used in conjunction with Yggdrasil, but useful for those that have need for more power, etc. than the Ragnarok and will use a separate speaker amplifier.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #8,857 of 9,484
I could get behind a reference-level, fully balanced tube combo preamplifier and headphone amplifier with a remote control for use in living room video 2.0 setups. Same size as Ragnarok chassis. To be used in conjunction with Yggdrasil, but useful for those that have need for more power, etc. than the Ragnarok and will use a separate speaker amplifier.

Its good to dream, but in this case its just a dream for now.

Nov 21, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #8,858 of 9,484
Has anyone paired a Ygg with a DNA Stratus?

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #8,860 of 9,484
  Would you guys please give me your opinion with what may be wrong with my Wyrd, Rag, Ygg setup that recently stopped working? Here is a video I made about it:

https://youtu.be/NulsjiQGxAM

((I said "get a better DAC light" in the video...I meant "get a better source light"))

The WYRD input light is on, so the connection to your computer is good. Have you got your source set correctly on the Rag?

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #8,861 of 9,484
Input 1 selected on the Rag which is correct.

I have cycled thru all inputs, all gain settings and I have tested both speakers and headphones by cycling between headphone only mode, speaker only mode and headphone & speaker mode. :/

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #8,863 of 9,484
Looks like you may need to start over with your connections to try to isolate the issue. You know, simplify the connections (take the wyrd out, unhook speakers). Try one component at a time, one path at a time (like only the SE connections, or only the balanced). hook the yggy straight to the computer. Just like any other trouble shooting simplify the system to basics see if it works, then start adding things, checking along the way.

Do you have anyway to hook a portable source up to the rag? A dap or phone using a 1/8" to RCA cord? to see if the rag works.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #8,864 of 9,484
So you're not getting any output to either your speakers or your headphones? You need another amp to check the of the Yggy. The Rag will mute all outputs if it detects a fault, but the front panel lights are also supposed to flash--which isn't happening in your case. Got a feeling this is something simple.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #8,865 of 9,484
What source program are you using for the audio feed? If it's Audirvana, there is a known issue with it locking the audio out and not releasing it. I had the exact issue you are showing when I was demoing it and had stopped it while in Hog mode equivalent. Had to completely uninstall it before ROON or Pure Music would work. 2 days of tearing my hair out because of a stupid software bug!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back