New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 28, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #6,166 of 9,484
  Need more impressions!

4 days of warm-up/burn-in. still not a week

It's the emotion, the presence that gets you at this point, the sound is literally beautiful, like a real instrument. The best thing for me is that i'm not listening to sound anymore, i'm listening to the music. I am not distracted anymore by flaws in my system, because i don't hear any. That, is a big achievement for me. Oh! And because the sound is ''soulful'', my hd800 are less analytical and has more meat(not lean). I have difficulty to imagine how good my system would be with a better amp like stratus or zana deux. 

Definitly, guys, consider a Yggy only if you want to let it on 24/7, otherwise, you're not even close of the potential of this dac.

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #6,167 of 9,484
  Fedex lady just dropped by with a big box!!
Just unboxed the Yggy and plugged it to my Rag. I'm working from home this afternoon ... not quiet sure I will get much done :O)

I'll post my impressions later.

Pictures or it didn't happen...
bigsmile_face.gif

My Yggy got out of jail and made it to St Paul MN. FedEx called to make sure I am going to take the whole day off work and stay home waiting for the FedEx woman to show up. Hmmm...might cough be, cough-cough, coming down with something, cough.
wink_face.gif

Nah, I know the route they take, so will just track her down during lunch tomorrow.  She even knows my truck and will flag me down if she has something for me.
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #6,168 of 9,484

4 days of warm-up/burn-in. still not a week

It's the emotion, the presence that gets you at this point, the sound is literally beautiful, like a real instrument. The best thing for me is that i'm not listening to sound anymore, i'm listening to the music. I am not distracted anymore by flaws in my system, because i don't hear any. That, is a big achievement for me. Oh! And because the sound is ''soulful'', my hd800 are less analytical and has more meat(not lean). I have difficulty to imagine how good my system would be with a better amp like stratus or zana deux.

Definitly, guys, consider a Yggy only if you want to let it on 24/7, otherwise, you're not even close of the potential of this dac.

Thanks for the thoughts -- what amp are you using?

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #6,173 of 9,484
Apr 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #6,174 of 9,484
#828 shipped !

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #6,178 of 9,484
#837 here. I don't think mine will be gong out til Thursday :frowning2:

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #6,180 of 9,484
  I didn't quiet have the b**** to stack the rag on top of the yggy. 

My current setup:

Audirvana -> Macbook pro -> [USB] -> Yggy [2 x XLR-3] -> Rag -> [XLR-4] -> HD800

I'm amazed by the finish of this bad boy, totally on par with the Rag. I'll be lying if I said i'm amazed by the SQ so far, but I've read here that the yggy takes about a week to warm up. I'll keep you posted!

I'd give VLC or something other than Audirvana a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back