New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 21, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #5,641 of 9,484
my prediction is that more people will focus on those negatives than are prepared to accept the positive feedback,

And that will be ESPECIALLY true for a product that costs over $2K.  And I will add to your prediction that many of those who perpetuate whatever negative comments get made will be people who do not own a Yggdrasil, likely because of its price point.

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #5,642 of 9,484

And that will be ESPECIALLY true for a product that costs over $2K.  And I will add to your prediction that many of those who perpetuate whatever negative comments get made will be people who do not own a Yggdrasil, likely because of its price point.

Haters gonna hate.  Still won't change it being the best DAC in town.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #5,643 of 9,484
Wal now, Yggy website power consumption spec is 35W, whereas the manual states 40W.  If I'm going to leave the damn thing on continuously, which is it?  Whole dollars are at stake here, I tell you! 
wink.gif

EDIT:  Looks like the transformers weighed in at a heavier class, too.  No speed of light or event horizon dimensional changes, tho (thank gawd).

Didn't anyone get my 'crowd excitement stirring in the Palindrome' joke?

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #5,644 of 9,484

Haters gonna hate.  Still won't change it being the best DAC in town.

Best DAC in town remains to be seen.

I've got order #30851, my Yggy will go up against an NAD M51. Unlike some, I have no use for a second $2000 DAC. I'm in no hurry; but the winner stays and loser gets sold.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #5,645 of 9,484
Has anyone else received their shipping confirmation ? I've only counted one person so far.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #5,647 of 9,484

Yep.  And who was placing an order for a PYST RCA cable at 8am?  Even if someone did order a Fulla or a Magni/Modi kit or five... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of these order numbers are for [no-longer-redact

Per Schiit Audio, my "Yggy" order was confirmed at 5:58 EDT, with order # 30882, approximately(?) 121 orders after the earliest Head-Fi posted order at 30761(?), and also wondering if I really fall into that "first batch" category...and of course wondering roughly when I will be able to feed "Raggy" that really high quality diet...

Any additional available information/insight regarding when those of us in the 30850 to 30890 order range might ship...?...(that IS when they are appropriately burned-in and checked-out...)   

I know we're all excited to get our Yggys, but if the Schiit webpage says "Status: In Stock. Orders placed now are expected to ship in 5-7 business days" when you ordered it, why are people worried about which batch they are in?  

It's in stock and it will ship in 5-7 business days!  and even if the vast majority of orders were for Yggys...they are in stock and will ship in 5-7 business days!

Again, I know we're all excited, but can we give the "when will my order ship?" stuff a rest please?  

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #5,649 of 9,484

I know we're all excited to get our Yggys, but if the Schiit webpage says "Status: In Stock. Orders placed now are expected to ship in 5-7 business days" when you ordered it, why are people worried about which batch they are in?  

It's in stock and it will ship in 5-7 business days!  and even if the vast majority of orders were for Yggys...they are in stock and will ship in 5-7 business days!

Again, I know we're all excited, but can we give the "when will my order ship?" stuff a rest please?  

Have you ever seen "when will my new fruit product ship" threads in other unnamed places about said fruit products? This is nothing.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #5,650 of 9,484
Transformer hum ? Lets not start sticking bugs in the middle of the cheesecake till its on the table, folks ..... 

Having been on the hype train for a very long time, please bear with me when I say this - just as there is no single product that makes everyone happy in every domain, common sense tells me that someone will listen to the Yggy at the 90-hour mark (or whatever the magic number is) and not be 'wowed'. Most of us loved the movie 'Avatar', right - go to Rotten Tomatoes and you'll find critics who didnt. 

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/

Here's another prediction - completely free of charge - just as the positive CANJAM impressions were completely ignored when people realised the Yggy needs to be left on 24/7, there will be a small but very vocal minority who have something negative to say. That's not my prediction - my prediction is that more people will focus on those negatives than are prepared to accept the positive feedback, and that has held true for everything I'm aware of in this hobby with the possible exception of the BHSE. The SR009 and the Abyss  lauded by many as state of the art have their critics and personally I felt the constant criticism of the HD800 was overblown, but how many things designed by a human are 'perfect' ? 

I'm not here to pour cold water on anyone's expectations - simply to point out that machines are one thing, humans another. If I had even the vaguest idea of what would make everyone on this board happy 95% of the time, I would have more money than Richard Branson and Donald Trump combined. I'm guessing that first weekend with the Yggy will be absolute hell for some of the golden ears among us - premature impressions are probably best left in a Notepad document for later review. I look forward to impressions at the ~100 hour mark  :D

Well said +1.

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #5,653 of 9,484

Have you ever seen "when will my new fruit product ship" threads in other unnamed places about said fruit products? This is nothing.

Speaking of that, its gonna be a pricey month with the Fruit Watch and Yggy!  
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back