New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Aug 20, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #2,642 of 9,484
Always love reading the FAQs 
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #2,643 of 9,484
The FAQ is pure gold as usual. 

Wonder how it will behave with a pair of HD 800's. I have absolutely no doubt it will make my LCD-3's shine even brighter. The Mjolnir I've got now compliments them just so good. Looking forwards to reviews. 

Aug 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #2,644 of 9,484
The FAQ is pure gold as usual. 

Wonder how it will behave with a pair of HD 800's. I have absolutely no doubt it will make my LCD-3's shine even brighter. The Mjolnir I've got now compliments them just so good. Looking forwards to reviews. 
Jason said that they used the HD800 when creating Raggy. So, I'm sure they'll play nice together.

Aug 20, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #2,646 of 9,484
Aug 20, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #2,650 of 9,484
That looks properly good, guys.  As an EE/Musician/Audio Nerd, this is the type of gear I love.  I've got pretty much all your gear.  I support Schiit.  I can't wait to see this in person at RMAF.  I'll be working (mostly because my buddy works there and I got a pass - I'm there for technical input and support.  haha) at the Bryston booth nearby.  Cheers.

Aug 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #2,651 of 9,484
That's a great news thanks Schiit! I've been choosing speakers amp for weeks now and Ragnarok seems to be a silver bullet for HD800 and sensitive Gallo acoustics. I just subscribed for Schiit's beta testing and hope to be able purchase one beta sample. Would be interesting to see what is an applicant to Ragnarok ratio :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #2,653 of 9,484
  if your not using speakers, I wonder if its worth upgrading from the mjolnir to the raggy... hmm

Probably really depends on the headphones you're using. Do they need more power than the Mjolnir can provide? I'm sure the sound signature will be pretty different, too. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #2,654 of 9,484

if your not using speakers, I wonder if its worth upgrading from the mjolnir to the raggy... hmm

Probably really depends on the headphones you're using. Do they need more power than the Mjolnir can provide? I'm sure the sound signature will be pretty different, too. 

No headphones except maybe K1000 need more power than Lyr can provide, let alone Mjolnir.

The biggest problem of Mjolnir is it is balanced-out only headphone amplifier. It cannot provide single-ended and the amp will trigger safely measure if an adapter is used.

Ragnarok is actually quite a deal since it is headphone SE + Balanced + speaker amp all-in one. Other amps with SE+Balanced do not come cheap... Bryston BHA-1 is 1.4K, Oppo HA-1 is 1.2K (tho DAC is included), EF6 is 1.6K, and HDVA 600 costs 1.5K.

If Ragnarok were just a headphone amplifier with same price... it would had been still competitive enough.

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #2,655 of 9,484
No headphones except maybe K1000 need more power than Lyr can provide, let alone Mjolnir.

The biggest problem of Mjolnir is it is balanced-out only headphone amplifier. It cannot provide single-ended and the amp will trigger safely measure if an adapter is used.

Ragnarok is actually quite a deal since it is headphone SE + Balanced + speaker amp all-in one. Other amps with SE+Balanced do not come cheap... Bryston BHA-1 is 1.4K, Oppo HA-1 is 1.2K (tho DAC is included), EF6 is 1.6K, and HDVA 600 costs 1.5K.

If Ragnarok were just a headphone amplifier with same price... it would had been still competitive enough.

Very true, but my point was that, despite him only being interested in it as a headphone amp, it's very much worth checking out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back