New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #2,041 of 9,484
  IMO, when some people trash-talk gear they haven't heard it's because the price is more than they could afford.  So it's automatically "over priced" or "not worth it" or "product X costs half as much!" because they are jealous.  They can't afford it, they wish they could, so it's not worth the price and those who CAN afford it are fools for wasting their money.  It's one of the sillier things that happens on audio forums.  If you can't afford something, there is nothing wrong with that and it's no reason to snipe at those who can.  I can't afford to buy Burmester amps.  But I'd love to try them and I don't slag those who can, I admire them.

IMO, only incredibly vain and conceited people categorically discount criticism as mere jealousy.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #2,042 of 9,484

IMO, only incredibly vain and conceited people categorically discount criticism as mere jealousy.

When that criticism is based solely on price, I say discount it.  Every single time.  And criticism without personal experience of the gear is pure masturbation.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #2,043 of 9,484
  criticism without personal experience of the gear is pure masturbation.

You say that like masturbation is a bad thing
smile.gif

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #2,046 of 9,484
  When it's being done in public it can be, yes... 
ph34r.gif

If your idea of in public includes the internet then I am sorry to have to tell you that we are elbow-deep in one biggest mutual masturbation communities out there.

Now back to the Rag/Ygg, lest one of the mods decides to lend a hand.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #2,047 of 9,484

Had to look up vain and conceited, seem like they're both the same meaning, still I like to learn new vocabulary in english :).
Of course, I'd rather read about the iggy in this thread but well, patience is in order.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #2,048 of 9,484
I agree about getting back on topic, but I think this thread has just about served its purpose anyway. Rag will soon be released and get its own thread, as will Yggi...

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #2,049 of 9,484
Jun 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #2,051 of 9,484
Wait... I could have been using my hans this whole time?
blink.gif

edit: noticed the typo... decided it was better that way
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2,052 of 9,484
Wait... I could have been using my hans this whole time? :blink:  

Who is Hans and why are using him in such a manner!!!! :yum:

edit: noticed the typo... decided it was better that way :D

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,054 of 9,484

I see... So, based in your logic, the fact that the designer is active on this site effectively validates your assertion that the Hugo is State of the Art? Is that because he says so? Are you that naïve? Or do you have a vested interested on Chord? Hmmm...

And...there it is. The last resort of someone without a leg to stand on: accusations of a vested interest. You got me: I own the company. 

Apologies to Jason and the Schiit crew for contributing to this derailment. Everybody back to to the Rag discussion. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,055 of 9,484
  And...there it is. The last resort of someone without a leg to stand on: accusations of a vested interest. You got me: I own the company. 

Apologies to Jason and the Schiit crew for contributing to this derailment. Everybody back to to the Rag discussion. 

Of course you don't, don't be silly! A shareholder perhaps?
tongue_smile.gif
 And unlike your credibility, my Two legs are in very good standing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back